50% Off and Free Shipping at the EA Store - Today Only

• Please log in to reply
646 replies to this topic

#631 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

So I ordered DAO Ultimate during the last moments of the sale, used the wrong credit card, called 20 minues later, canceled the order. Didn't reorder because the sale ended.Everything seemed smooth, associate was friendly. My credit card statement indicates I was never charged by EA

And I just got the frakking game in the mail?

Will they charge me to send it back?

Damn EA sent you my order I got charged for it.. My Name and address are

UR A. Luckybitch
1234 Keep it Drive

haha

#632 Lparsons7641

Lparsons7641

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

Damn EA sent you my order I got charged for it.. My Name and address are

UR A. Luckybitch
1234 Keep it Drive

haha

If I have to be charged to ship it back I might as well try to flip it. I'd play it if my Xbox wasn't a brick.

Ridiculous, send me an order, don't send other people their orders..........smooth operation they got going on.

#633 ftlee

ftlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

Does anyone have their order but, their CC hasn't been charged yet? Mine still hasn't been charged.

#634 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

On the contrary if you file a complaint with Paypal.. if they didn't get a signature confirmation then they lose..

I got screwed when I shipped something through Ebay like this.. I got delivery confirmation but not Signature confirmation.

No signature then they can't prove you received it. So maybe go that route

well the paypal wasnt sent to ea store. it was sent to digital rivers. I dont know if Digital rivers is responsible since its EA that shipped the games. I am trying to contact EA so they can contact UPS to file a claim but those idiots think that I have to do it. UPS wont let me file a claim because I am not the shipper. Do you know if I file a dispute with my bank that will make EA investigate. I did use paypal but they took money from my bank will that work???
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#635 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

Glad my order went smoothly. NBA Jam is all i really needed from them atm, and i'm happy I got it. Glad I paid this price for it. Good game but not worth 50.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#636 ltgeneralkasty

ltgeneralkasty

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

On the contrary if you file a complaint with Paypal.. if they didn't get a signature confirmation then they lose..

I got screwed when I shipped something through Ebay like this.. I got delivery confirmation but not Signature confirmation.

No signature then they can't prove you received it. So maybe go that route

See, that's what concerns me now. When I sell on eBay, unless it's more than $100, I don't go for SigConfirm.

I sold the zombies code from :360: Black Ops on eBay to a new user. Sent it with DelConfirm. Marked as delivered, but no message or feedback left yet and it's been nearly a week. If I get gyped and PayPal/eBay sides with him, I'm moving to Amazon for good.

well the paypal wasnt sent to ea store. it was sent to digital rivers. I dont know if Digital rivers is responsible since its EA that shipped the games. I am trying to contact EA so they can contact UPS to file a claim but those idiots think that I have to do it. UPS wont let me file a claim because I am not the shipper. Do you know if I file a dispute with my bank that will make EA investigate. I did use paypal but they took money from my bank will that work???

Digital River is their fulfillment company. They are the ones that ship it, but with a EA logo slapped on the label.

#637 mozby

mozby

Cheap Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Thank you! I wish I hadn't wasted so much time chatting with the fuckers... hopefully this will be rectified amicably tomorrow after 8am PST (noon my time). I will post my results.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with EA customer service, the guy I spoke with was awesome and friendly. Took about 10-15 minutes, but he gave me a partial refund to match what the total cost would have been with the sale prices and free shipping.

UPDATE: Received my games last week and my credit card received a credit (refund of 50% plus free shipping). The lesson is, never waste your time IMing/chatting with their customer "service" morons. Just get someone on the phone, their primary language will likely be English and they will actually care and try to help you.
Posted Image

#638 dorkalicious

dorkalicious

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Anyone have the number for their customer support? I've looked all over the website.

I've been going back and forth with the "EA Store" customer support aka Digital River which I've grown to hate as a company and never want to deal with again after having to deal with them during the Windows 7 student deal launch.

I originally placed my order for 2 copies of Army of 2: 40th Day (so my fiancé and I could play together), 1 copy of Skate 3, and a digital download of Sims 3 Late Night. My order was placed on backorder -- then less than 8 hours later cancelled but I still got my digital copy of Sims 3 LN. They had originally charged me the full amount of the order and then eventually just the amount of Sims 3 LN.

I kept emailing customer support asking why they cancelled the other items if it was on backorder -- they wouldn't tell me but instead told me to just reorder and pay full price for everything. I EVENTUALLY received $40 worth of codes and got 2 free copies of Army of 2: 40th Day and just paid taxes and shipping.

Then today I received a notice that they were cancelling my copy of Sims 3 LN because they had no shipping information? These people are crazy and disorganized - they already took my money for the game. I just simply replied back that they are high and I'm filing a complaint with the BBB (which is what I had to do the last time I dealt with DR).

I wish everyone luck trying to sort out their issues with Digital River.

#639 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

Ugh, tried to just cancel my order today since it still hasn't shipped and was told I can't do that because it will be shipping soon. If I don't get a shipping notice today or tomorrow I'm going to be pissed.

#640 mozby

mozby

Cheap Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

Anyone have the number for their customer support? I've looked all over the website.

I've been going back and forth with the "EA Store" customer support aka Digital River which I've grown to hate as a company and never want to deal with again after having to deal with them during the Windows 7 student deal launch.

I originally placed my order for 2 copies of Army of 2: 40th Day (so my fiancé and I could play together), 1 copy of Skate 3, and a digital download of Sims 3 Late Night. My order was placed on backorder -- then less than 8 hours later cancelled but I still got my digital copy of Sims 3 LN. They had originally charged me the full amount of the order and then eventually just the amount of Sims 3 LN.

I kept emailing customer support asking why they cancelled the other items if it was on backorder -- they wouldn't tell me but instead told me to just reorder and pay full price for everything. I EVENTUALLY received $40 worth of codes and got 2 free copies of Army of 2: 40th Day and just paid taxes and shipping.

Then today I received a notice that they were cancelling my copy of Sims 3 LN because they had no shipping information? These people are crazy and disorganized - they already took my money for the game. I just simply replied back that they are high and I'm filing a complaint with the BBB (which is what I had to do the last time I dealt with DR).

I wish everyone luck trying to sort out their issues with Digital River.

I called the number customer service number GirlsRscandalouz gave us/me here: 1-800-959-7331.
Posted Image

#641 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

Ugh, tried to just cancel my order today since it still hasn't shipped and was told I can't do that because it will be shipping soon. If I don't get a shipping notice today or tomorrow I'm going to be pissed.

Ok, I'm pissed now. Still has not shipped.

#642 Lparsons7641

Lparsons7641

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

So those morons just refunded me...........I decided I might as well flip it (bought for 26, sold for 39.99)

Awesome, now gonna call again so they don't think I frakking stole the game.

#643 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

Ok, I'm pissed now. Still has not shipped.

thats fucky. ea store is assy.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#644 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Ugh, what the Fuck is going on, still hasn't shipped. Contacted them again and was told they would send it to the "Concern Department", whatever that is. And that I should probably check my order status again in a few days. Sounds like they don't really know why my order hasn't shipped yet either. Anyone else still waiting on this?

#645 nddave

nddave

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

Recieved my 3 games.

I got HL2 orange box.
Dantes Inferno Divine PS3
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition.

DAUE came with a Cracked case top corner and it was shipped in the middle of the games in a box.
Check your games over.
Im also responsible for shipping costs back to them for them sending me a broke game.

Posted Image

If it makes you feel any better i have been waiting to get my replacement game since i sent the game back Jan 26.
Checking the mail seeing if the UPS guy Came by.
Then today i get this

Thank you for contacting EA Support regarding Software Replacement

I do apologize for the inconvenience and I do understand your concern, I have received your warranty form and I am processing it. unfortunately we do not have a shippinng address, please reply to this email with a shipping adderess so that we can get this completely processed and get your game shipped to you.

What @#$@# Wtf?

I bought this game 30 days ago sent it to them 3 weeks ago.
They still havent sent the replacement game out.
CAG4LIFE

#646 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

If I get gyped and PayPal/eBay sides with him, I'm moving to Amazon for good.

I know this is off topic, but Amazon is not the place for you if you have that concern. Signature confirmation is a bare minimum requirement for proving your case of an unreceived item (and even then, it's stated that most of the time signature confirmation is satisfactory-- you could in theory lose the case) They suggest you ship UPS since it's completely trackable. Which of course shipping UPS is completely ineffectual cost wise.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#647 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

I know this is a really old thread, but I just got a shipping notification for the copy of Dante's Inferno PSP I ordered during this sale three months ago. What.