- - - - -

Buy 2 Used Games or Accessories, Get 1 Free at GameStop.com

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#91 fwacce

fwacce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

What happened to GameStop guaranteeing the case and manual for all current gen systems when ordered online? They got rid of that?

#92 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

What happened to GameStop guaranteeing the case and manual for all current gen systems when ordered online? They got rid of that?

That didn't last very long.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#93 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

I want to buy some games online but when i went to the cart, it took the cheapest games off meaning i had 3 that were 17.99 each and then another 3 that were 9.99 each. The system took 2 9.99 games off. Is there anyway to do it so it takes one 17.99 and one 9.99 or will i have to do seperate orders?

#94 bagwelljeff

bagwelljeff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

I want to buy some games online but when i went to the cart, it took the cheapest games off meaning i had 3 that were 17.99 each and then another 3 that were 9.99 each. The system took 2 9.99 games off. Is there anyway to do it so it takes one 17.99 and one 9.99 or will i have to do seperate orders?

You will need to do 2 seperate orders

#95 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:01 AM

ok thanks bagwelljeff. I thought so.

#96 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:30 AM

One more question, is there tax for online purchases?

#97 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

Unless you live in a state that doesn't have Gamestop, yes.

#98 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

Lot of good stuff not available online for the PS3, Demon Souls.

Check this out guys. So you are worried about buying a game used online in fear of it coming with a crappy box? Get what you want online, and if comes with a crappy box go to a B&M Gamestop, rebuy the game that you have a crappy box for, carefully un-peel the stickers (2 of them) off this good box from B&M gamestop and re-paste them on the crappy box, return game you bought at the B&M gamestop with crappy box and stickers. Take your manual too.

Tip: when returning game at B&M gamestop dont go to the Gamestop where you bought the game because sales guy might recognize you and give you a hard time about it.

Edited by D_Icon, 25 January 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#99 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

^There's no need to do any of that. All you have to do is go into GS with your receipt and ask for the better case.

#100 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:11 AM

god of waar 3 is now in stock used if anyone was looking to get it.

#101 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

is the sale over?

#102 bengalboy

bengalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

I can vouch for the fact that if you order online and return in-store they will give you cases/manuals/or a better copy of the disc if they have it. I've done it a few times.

#103 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

Damnit MVC3, you have ruined me!

#104 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

Wal-Mart and Best Buy online stores with lower prices come to mind. Their prices never match up and they won't honor it in-store.

I've never once had Best Buy deny me their online price. I've probably price matched their website 100 times.

So much ridiculous false information on the Internet. People believe any garbage they're spoon fed these days.

#105 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

I can't get the code to work. What was the expiration on the code? Is the sale over?

#106 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

I've never once had Best Buy deny me their online price. I've probably price matched their website 100 times.

So much ridiculous false information on the Internet. People believe any garbage they're spoon fed these days.

Wow, your complete YMMV is indisputable proof that Best Buy does not care about their own corporate policy. Good job, sir.

#107 GonzoGamer

GonzoGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

Please note (because the original poster did not) that these are for USED games, so this is a crap deal.

Aren't all "deals" from gamestop, crap deals?
I'm only checking because I have a gift card.
Does anyone know if they're going to have any sale like this in their stores. Even the one good storefront in the NYC area has a better selection of used title than the online shop.

#108 wolfhunt

wolfhunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

Wow, your complete YMMV is indisputable proof that Best Buy does not care about their own corporate policy. Good job, sir.

Actually, I have had Best Buy match their own website many times also and it's not YMMV. From their policy page:

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?
If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price during the exchange and return period on your product. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect.

#109 AFarewell2Arms

AFarewell2Arms

Drop A Deuce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

Actually, I have had Best Buy match their own website many times also and it's not YMMV. From their policy page:

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?
If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price during the exchange and return period on your product. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect.

I will also vouch for this. I frequently price match their website and no one has ever denied me. I usually just pull up the product page on the Best Buy iPhone app and they always match the price. And yes, I have used this at several stores, as far as 3 hours away from each other.

#110 chbong

chbong

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

My "buy 2 minus $15" order has been canceled. My purchase total before coupon was $46. Anyone shares similar problem?

#111 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

I really wish they'd stop making this deal online-only.
Posted Image

#112 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

For the Best Buy in-store/online price matching debate...it's NOT a debate:

"
Best Buy Retail Store Price Match Guarantee

If you find a lower advertised price on the same available brand and model prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, we will match that price. Simply bring in the ad of the local retail competitor or Best Buy, while the lower price is in effect and receive your price match."

And then it says the exact opposite for BB.com purchases as well. They should always, ALWAYS match their own Website to Store and vise versa.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#113 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

My "buy 2 minus $15" order has been canceled. My purchase total before coupon was $46. Anyone shares similar problem?

My 2 orders were also cancelled, but my total was about $12 or so after coupon for each order. So I expected them to be cancelled.

#114 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

For the Best Buy in-store/online price matching debate...it's NOT a debate:

"
Best Buy Retail Store Price Match Guarantee

If you find a lower advertised price on the same available brand and model prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, we will match that price. Simply bring in the ad of the local retail competitor or Best Buy, while the lower price is in effect and receive your price match."

And then it says the exact opposite for BB.com purchases as well. They should always, ALWAYS match their own Website to Store and vise versa.

I have no doubts that they are SUPPOSED to do it. But whether they choose to or not....
I think it was in 2009 when at least once a week for a couple months straight, an article about Best Buy would pop up on Gawker/Gizmodo about them either A) Not honoring their price match policy or B) Not honoring their return policy.

#115 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

I have no doubts that they are SUPPOSED to do it. But whether they choose to or not....
I think it was in 2009 when at least once a week for a couple months straight, an article about Best Buy would pop up on Gawker/Gizmodo about them either A) Not honoring their price match policy or B) Not honoring their return policy.

Well that's when you write in to their customer service and get some free RZ points. Over the past year I've gotten about $45 or so for free and most of it wasn't even real complaints, just asking questions.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#116 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

Aren't all "deals" from gamestop, crap deals?

No.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#117 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Well that's when you write in to their customer service and get some free RZ points. Over the past year I've gotten about $45 or so for free and most of it wasn't even real complaints, just asking questions.

Yeah. I mean, there should always be someone to complain to. It's too bad more places don't have Amazon-quality customer service. But I would never be surprised if I got rejected a perfect price match there. I'm not the type to argue until blue in the fact though.

I just found a link on TheConsumerist to an article from HDGuru last year where during a class action suit, an employee of Best Buy claimed that there is a policy in place where corporate offers bonuses to store managers who deny legitimate price matches. I don't know if it's true, but I would not be surprised in the least.

#118 CreepinDeth

CreepinDeth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

is the sale over?

I would like to know too. Or is it just a bad link? I clicked on it and Firefox just gave me a "Bad Request" screen.

#119 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

I would like to know too. Or is it just a bad link? I clicked on it and Firefox just gave me a "Bad Request" screen.

Pretty sure it has been dead for days.