Kmartgamer 4.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7385 replies to this topic

#6031 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:11 AM

The employees at Big KMart 4407 in Brockton MA were unable to help me partake in the Dragon Age 2 deal. They had plenty of DA2 360 boxes on the shelf, but kept claiming they knew nothing about this deal, and when I began citing kmartgamer.com they said that it must be an online-only deal.

I haven't been able to jump on email yet (working on it tonight) but I hoped you emailed me, blog denials are my favorite type of resolutions :)

#6032 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:13 AM

Bought MLB The show 11 and yet again didn't get any points. Is this borked yet again? Starting to get annoying that these SYWR points never work. Also did you get more MvC3 SE in? I went there opening week and they said they never got any, went there today and there were 3 of them for PS3... Is this normal to get it 2 weeks after the promotion? Sucks I missed out on that.

Just as a heads up, there was no additional shipments of MvC3 CE. This issue would have been particular to this location (not having them on the sales floor).

#6033 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:13 AM

Rings up $25, Stock Boy could probably help you track one down.

Thanks. I'll probably stop at the one Kmart I'm going to be by tomorrow and see if the customer service desk people could look it up using the UPC# from Half.com, since I've had success using that method before.:D

Of course I still wish these deals were marked as such online as well.:razz: Amazon has spoiled me.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#6034 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

I cant decide between the PC or 360 version of Crysis 2.

#6035 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

Thanks. I'll probably stop at the one Kmart I'm going to be by tomorrow and see if the customer service desk people could look it up using the UPC# from Half.com, since I've had success using that method before.:D

Of course I still wish these deals were marked as such online as well.:razz: Amazon has spoiled me.

One day :)

#6036 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

I cant decide between the PC or 360 version of Crysis 2.

Kind of sucks, but we won't have the PC at launch. Might help your decision :)

#6037 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:22 AM

I thought the release date for Ico/SotC was pushed back indefinitely?

Looks like this Holiday actually from my last meeting with Sony.

#6038 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:22 AM

Josh, did you get my email about the BLOPS GC that you said was gonna be sent out, but never arrived now a month later?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#6039 Fabs

Fabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:23 AM

Kind of sucks, but we won't have the PC at launch. Might help your decision :)

Hey Josh, I emailed you earlier but everything went smooth at mynstore except I was charged full price for the points card. Please help!

#6040 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

Josh, whatever you said to the WTVL Maine store has definitely made a huge difference in their attitude and service, for the better! Still no replenishment for MS Point cards, but everything was smooth with 2 workers hovering around electronics. I didnt have to wait and the girl pretty much knew what I was there for. The whole area seemed to be a lot cleaner and organized in general. Still wondering what is up with the MS points though. I snagged the 360 version of DA2 and a $50 PSN card with no issues but the employees noted that there hasnt been replenishment on the MS points since October! According to them, thats when the order for replenishment was sent in. I see a few other deals coming with ppoints cards that I want to get in on, but they were unsure if they would have more any time soon.

We follow up pretty consistently when issues are reported :)

The card thing is frustrating as I know more shipments were sent in.

#6041 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

Josh, did you get my email about the BLOPS GC that you said was gonna be sent out, but never arrived now a month later?

Did you review my post about being back up on emails from Friday evening?

Did you send it before or after Friday night? If it was before, then unfortunately no, I haven't received it. If it was after Friday evening I am working on catching up tonight.

#6042 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

Hey Josh, I emailed you earlier but everything went smooth at mynstore except I was charged full price for the points card. Please help!

I'm sure I'll be able to help; thanks for sending me a note.

#6043 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

Sorry, I missed that post. My bad. I sent it sometime saturday.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#6044 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:29 AM

Sorry, I missed that post. My bad. I sent it sometime saturday.

Cool beans. I am sure I've got it then, I'll make sure to straighten this out for you.

#6045 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

I'm not going to derail the thread any more though...

:rofl:

Wanna bet?

#6046 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

When can we expect to know about the 3DS deal???

Probably another week, shouldn't be too much longer.

#6047 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:33 AM

Experience at Store #7018 went perfectly, picked up MLB 2k11 and Dragon Age II w/4000 point card no problems. SYWR points are already on my card.

Here's my question, I just noticed the limit 2 on the SYWR, is that per store visit/purchase or is that over a certain time frame ie per month? I guess what I'm asking is if I will be eligible to get the SYWR if I go pick up Top Spin 4 next week as well.

Thanks again for the deals, makes it a bit easier to shop and at least give some local tax dollars as opposed to buying off of Amazon.

It is per offer, not for the month, sorry for the confusion.

#6048 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:34 AM

i am super excited to hop on the Homefront deal Tuesday...the game looks awesome, but the free 1600 point card made this a for sure buy...Looks like i'm back on the K-Mart train again, although it sucks that my closest K-Mart is closing and now I have to go to the Peoria one (while it is not that far, about 20 minutes, it is a much more crowed store and is in a busy area)...

#6049 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:38 AM

So I'm planning on getting Homefront through Kmart when the deal is set. Will the clerks/associates know about the deal already in advance or will I have to tell them about it/prove it? I've been in situations where nobody knew anything about these deals.

Also, are all release day copies of Crysis 2 gonna be the special edition?

Other than my points card taking forever to arrive, the SYWR program seems great as well as all these Kmart deals. Hope for K-mart's rise to glory once again.

Every store receives communication on the deals and we have seen a dedicated effort to improve execution/signage. Regardless, the deal is set up correctly and will ring up regardless of their knowledge. In the small chance that it does not work as planned feel free to purchase the game alone and contact me via email and I'll help out.

#6050 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

No 4000 points card at the K-Mart on Murray in Beaverton, OR. Checked the electronics section and the little gift card display at the front, no dice. Probably a good thing I suppose, I get to keep $80.

#6051 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:48 AM

No 4000 points card at the K-Mart on Murray in Beaverton, OR. Checked the electronics section and the little gift card display at the front, no dice. Probably a good thing I suppose, I get to keep $80.

Sux :( I would have been able to help out. 10k points + $20 gift card is still the best offer out there.

#6052 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

Thinking about creating a duplicate blog but on my own that is more searchable, categorized etc.

Any thoughts?

#6053 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

Sounds good to me. Is it a limitation of the Kmart software that makes the blog kinda weird to use?

*** I am in no way affiliated with Sears Holding Corporation or Kmart. I just apparently play a Kmart CSR in the KmartGamer CAG thread. ***

If you have a problem with me, PM me so I can ignore it.

#6054 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

that might be a good idea, to start a separate blog than the K-Mart one...plus if you had something opinionated you wanted to say you would be able to freely say it on your personal blog instead of worrying what might happen if it was up on K-Mart's blog...

#6055 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

Phew! I just spent $145 at Kmart (DA2+ points card, LoS:LE, DA:UE). I need to cut back. There's still more games I want to play. :'(

Thinking about creating a duplicate blog but on my own that is more searchable, categorized etc.

Any thoughts?

Have Stockboy make it as a homage to you. SHC-Gamer: "Kneel..." :evil:

Edited by sadboy, 09 March 2011 - 04:20 AM.

#6056 ucantcme69

ucantcme69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:03 AM

By all means if its a improvement then go for it. If you have to do it on your own and fund such a endeavour let me know if I can help. Id be willing to let you setup such a site on one of my servers as I work for a big hosting provider. Anything I can do to help im willing to do :)

Any thoughts?

#6057 ColdBrew

ColdBrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

Well surprisingly things went pretty smooth. I didn't have to search long to find someone to help. The guy didn't seem pissed off to help me. We found everything we were looking for. And it all went as planned.

Got DA2 for the 360 and $50 PSN card and used $5 points I had. Then turned around and used the $10 from DA2 and bought DAU for 360 for $15.

I got that copy for a gift, but I might go back tomorrow and get me a 360 copy because the PC version I got from Amazon is disappointing. It is obvious that it has now been dumbed down from DA: Origins and is designed to be played with a gamepad. But I must say the graphics look great on the PC with the Directx 11 texture upgrade patch!

#6058 z-money

z-money

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:12 AM

Picked up Pokemon Black & White today, and was able to get a return/rebuy on my Killzone 3 PS3 for the Show offer. The Fargo, ND store deserves a gold star, they're helpful and informed about the deals. And this is why they get almost all of my gaming dollars. Can't wait to go back for Yakuza next week!

#6059 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:25 AM

When do the SYWR points usually go onto my account?

I've only done it initially when I got the $25 from Blops.

608212.png

#6060 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:28 AM

Any thoughts?

I'd say go for it, so long as it doesn't become an unnecessary burden. We've previously established that you are, in fact, a Terminator. But I'd think even Terminators need a break now and again.

Now I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it would be nice to have a separate, improved blog. Provided it was more browsable, searchable, and categorized. The lack of a singular identity to the Kmartgamer blog, and the lack of some of the niceties other blogs have, does give a certain lethargy to visiting the Kmartgamer blog. (Plus, no RSS feed means it doesn't get checked on the go.) I'm sure this will be solved by the future site you've planned, but a stopgap in the meantime would be nice.

If you could make some improvements there, that'd be fantastic. Just don't kill yourself doing it.

When do the SYWR points usually go onto my account?

I've only done it initially when I got the $25 from Blops.

If it hasn't posted right away, there's probably a problem. Get on the horn to Josh.
Posted Image