Killzone 3 Collectors Guide Hardcover - Amazon Includes 3 Unlock points

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!
The link and page is up for it but they don't have the price up yet. I haven't seen this available or even a glimpse anywhere else. When I read about it in the details found out it too gives you (3) Unlock points for upgrading weapons and abilities. I played the Beta so I know how helpful this will be. If you preorder Killzone 3 through Amazon they give you another (3) Unlock points so all together (6) total.

Thought this might interest those who can't wait for this game, and who collect the guides.

Only put it in the deal category because of the (3) unlock points

You can also sign up to be notified when its available.

Killzone 3: The Collector's Guide [Hardcover]

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Coll...0322/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295700718&sr=8-1
Product Description

The Collector's Edition Guide comes in a hard cover featuring a bookmark, a quick reference card with useful tips and infos, behind the scenes content including additional concept art and an exclusive developer interview not available in the Standard edition.

For online players, hardcore gamers and true Killzone 3 fans alike: The Official Future Press Guide

Forget the Internet. This guide is the only serious source for players to improve their online play and win more often.

Written for all difficulty settings including the hardest one, "Elite" – a guide that even hardcore gamers can use.

The exquisite design transposes the world and feel of Killzone 3 onto the page, giving the guide the appearance of an art book.

Each guide gives access to 3 Unlock Points to get a head-start in online play. This makes the guide a must-buy for every Killzone 3 player.

Killzone 3
The Official Guide

The Only Guide to Becoming Elite…

After the critically-acclaimed guide to Killzone 2, Future Press have done it again. Crushing the Helghast on the Elite difficulty setting is the real meat of Killzone 3’s Campaign. Crushing your opponents in Warzone is what Killzone 3’s Online Multiplayer is all about. These two challenges are the central focus of this guide and its aim is to make sure anyone can become an elite Killzone 3 veteran. By providing strategies and tricks that work in the very toughest situations, we ensure that anything less than the most serious challenge is overcome. If you’re really up for mastering the game, all you need is here.

…in Warzone

Weapons Training | Learn how to win in multiplayer, and all of the tricks you need to use to stay alive. The best ways to use each weapon are revealed, along with exact details of their strengths and weaknesses. Full statistics are listed for each weapon and the most effective ways to use them.

Area Surveillance | High quality maps reveal the battlegrounds in full, with each important area described in detail. We show the best spots for sniping, the ideal ways to secure areas and the quickest routes between objectives, all in an easy-to-use format.

Team Tactics | Teamwork is essential to victory, so optimal strategies for squads and teams are provided for all maps and modes. Learn to take full advantage of the class-based gameplay by using communication and roles effectively.

Class Breakdowns | In-depth coverage of the 5 unique classes in Killzone 3. The Primary and Secondary abilities are all outlined, with strategies for using them to the fullest. Discover the optimal loadouts and unlock priorities, along with map-specific tricks each class can use.

Modes & Objectives | Strategies are provided for each individual game type across each of the 8 maps. Separate, extremely effective tactics for Guerrilla Warfare and Operations modes, and team strategies for completing and securing objectives.

…and Campaign

Elite Tactics | A full, highly-detailed walkthrough for the Elite difficulty setting makes tackling any battle straightforward. The best cover positions and sniping spots are revealed, and strategies are provided to take advantage of both players in the co-op Campaign mode.

High Detail Maps | Every area of the Campaign is fully rendered in exquisite maps straight from Guerrilla. Objective locations, weapon pickups and optimal cover points are all highlighted, with text linked directly to the maps.

Helghast Intel | Every component of the Helghast war machine is laid bare, and every type of trooper’s abilities and tactics are described. Learn how to take down each and every enemy on Elite with ease.

Trophies Unlocked | Earning the coveted Platinum Trophy is made simple with a comprehensive Trophy Guide. Multiple solutions are provided for each Trophy to ensure they're easily achieved using different styles of play.

Lavish Extras | The rich world that Guerrilla has created is revealed in intimate detail. Concept artwork depicts how the characters and environments were formed and interviews with key members of staff describe the process involved.

Bonus Points | Purchasing the official guide gives you access to 3 Unlock Points that you can use to get a head start in unlocking abilities and weapons for your chosen class. We recommend the right time so they give you an edge in placing high on the leaderboards.

[quote name='Japakneez']This is made by FuturePress. They put all other guides to shame. If the game is deep, then this guide will be amazing.[/QUOTE]That makes it an instant purchase, if it's a FuturePress guide.

Wow, so there were actually two KZ2 guides made by two different publishers? I know the regular one was made by BradyGames. Don't think I've ever seen the FuturePress one.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Wow, so there were actually two KZ2 guides made by two different publishers? I know the regular one was made by BradyGames. Don't think I've ever seen the FuturePress one.[/QUOTE]
Yea man I knew about it a while after I had bought the Bradygames one.

Here's a link I've seen one so it made me look for the one for Killzone 3 and sure enough same company is making it!!

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Coll...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295734778&sr=8-5

[quote name='shrike4242']That makes it an instant purchase, if it's a FuturePress guide.[/QUOTE]
Is FuturePress really that good? I've really never had much experience with an FuturePress guides, so I'm interested to know. Prima + BradyGames are of varying quality, but when I think of high quality must buy guides, I think of Piggyback (their RE5, Assassin's Creed and FFXIII guides are GORGEOUS). How does FuturePress compare with Piggyback?

It has 5 star ratings on the Killzone 2 one and everything I read about it people absolutely loved so this will be a must buy for me once the price shows. I'm sure Amazon will have it discounted some.. and on a side note just in checking the Killzone website

KILLZONE 3 OPEN BETA ON THE PSN STARTS FEBRUARY 3RD!!!!!!

WOOHOO!

I've already got the beta but they closed it accept for botzone.. so now get some more pregaming in before the game release!

The details about the open beta.. sorry about putting it in here but figured you guys might be interested!!

Killzone 3 Open Beta Coming to the PSN on the 3rd of February

By Chris Weatherhead, posted Jan 21 2011 12:00AM
Comments (60)

[FONT=&quot]It’s Friday and it is a good news day! Between the 3rd and the 15th of February, you will be able to download and play the Killzone 3 Open Beta from the PlayStation Store.[/FONT]

This Beta will offer you exclusive early access to the MP05 ‘Frozen Dam’ multiplayer level from Killzone 3, including all three online multiplayer modes – Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations – as well as the offline multiplayer mode, Botzone. A sprawling asymmetrical map set in an old dam facility, the playing field in MP05 has been carefully tailored to fit each of the multiplayer modes.

These are the four multiplayer modes included with the Open Beta: be available in the final game:

Guerrilla Warfare (16 players)

Guerrilla Warfare is a standalone multiplayer mode similar to classic Team Deathmatch: You and your teammates must try to kill as many of the opposing team as you can before the timer runs out. In this mode, only the downstream monitor houses and repair bay are accessible, giving the map a very frantic pace.

Warzone (24 players)

If you’ve played Killzone 2, you may already be familiar with Warzone. It’s a round-based multiplayer campaign that consists of five randomly ordered mini-missions. In this mode the power house and penstocks directly under the dam are accessible as well, so there’s more room to come up with different strategies and approaches to your goal.

Operations (16 players)

Operations is a new multiplayer campaign which aims to deliver a more cinematic, story-based gameplay experience, similar to that of Killzone 3’s single-player mode. It consists of a sequence of linear mini-missions, in which the ISA must try to secure the docks and destroy the dam, while the Helghast must try to protect the dam facility.

Botzone (16 players)

Botzone is an offline multiplayer mode ideal for those looking to get to grips with the controls, the weapons or the map layout before going up against live players. Each of the aforementioned multiplayer modes can be played offline, against CPU-controlled opponents.

[quote name='ithebigc']Is FuturePress really that good? I've really never had much experience with an FuturePress guides, so I'm interested to know. Prima + BradyGames are of varying quality, but when I think of high quality must buy guides, I think of Piggyback (their RE5, Assassin's Creed and FFXIII guides are GORGEOUS). How does FuturePress compare with Piggyback?[/QUOTE]

I meant it, they really do put all other strategy guides to shame. Other guides are either "pretty" or just a simple walkthrough with item locations. Future Press has all that but really breaks things down so you can play the game at a high level. I'm going through Vanquish with their guide and its amazing to see how technical and tuned this particular game is. Many will gain a whole new appreciation for their games with guides like these. Even game designers can learn a few things from these guides :D

This book needs to get to the states, post-haste. I'm lucky enough to have both the Bayonetta and Killzone 2 Collector's Guides, as well as the Vanquish guide, and the detail put into each is ridiculous. Take me, for example. I was getting my ass rocked in Killzone 2. I got the guide, and read about only 10% of the multiplayer and weapons sections, and from there I was able to hold my own. Just 10%! Brady and Prima know that FuturePress knocks them out of the park with ease, so we might have to deal with that exclusivity b.s. again. In my opinon, what you pay for a FuturePress guide is more than worth it, compared to the prices that bradygames charge for their guides. Prima's okay(better than bradygames post dan birlew), but FuturePress is the shite. One more thing regarding Killzone 2's guides. I had both the bradygames (scored for $10) and FP guides. I flipped through brady's version and gave it to my cousin. There was no comparison.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I've been checking on this with FuturePress's facebook page and there seems to be legal reasons why they can't release in the US due to some deal that Bradygames and Prima have maybe for exclusivity. Gonna see if we can get this deal though hopefully or I'll order the damn thing from the UK haha

Givem some feedback CAGS

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Future-Press/308190701162?v=wall[/QUOTE]

The paperback version is still showing on amazon for preorder though, so they are only limited on selling the collectors edition?

Interesting... learning something new everyday, thanks for the feedbacks hanzohattori1. I hope I don't have to get this from UK, it doesn't have free shipping :whistle2:(

[quote name='Ultragamer']The paperback version is still showing on amazon for preorder though, so they are only limited on selling the collectors edition?[/QUOTE]

I doubt a retailer will sell it in the US. Buy from amazon UK or hope for a 3rd party seller.

The total comes to about $33.20 shipped for me, not sure if I should bite. I've never ordered anything from Amazon Uk before, and lately I've heard people on here say their orders have been delayed?

[quote name='ssjmichael']The total comes to about $33.20 shipped for me, not sure if I should bite. I've never ordered anything from Amazon Uk before, and lately I've heard people on here say their orders have been delayed?[/QUOTE]
I ordered Inception Limited Edition from Amazon UK a month ago and still haven't got the package yet :whistle2:( (it's shipped, they told me to e-mail back if I don't get it by 2/1). So, I don't think I want to order this from UK, especially at $33.20 shipped! There got to be a cheaper way...

[quote name='Serpentor']I ordered Inception Limited Edition from Amazon UK a month ago and still haven't got the package yet :whistle2:( (it's shipped, they told me to e-mail back if I don't get it by 2/1). So, I don't think I want to order this from UK, especially at $33.20 shipped! There got to be a cheaper way...[/QUOTE]

I've ordered numerous items from Amazon UK and have never had a problem. I preordered this Killzone 3 book today; looking forward to it!

[quote name='Serpentor']I ordered Inception Limited Edition from Amazon UK a month ago and still haven't got the package yet :whistle2:( (it's shipped, they told me to e-mail back if I don't get it by 2/1). So, I don't think I want to order this from UK, especially at $33.20 shipped! There got to be a cheaper way...[/QUOTE]

I've ordered a few blurays from Amazon. The last one I ordered on around 12/20 and it said estimated delivery date was 1/19, which was really late. It did come 1/18 though, so it takes a while.

That was an exception though. Usually, I think things take a week to get here from the UK (maybe Christmas was really busy?), and I've gotten things in about 2-2.5 weeks from Amazon.de.

FuturePress' Facebook message regarding CE guide: "Hi guys, we do hold the North American rights and we hope that U.S. retailers pick the CE up as well. Working on it..."

Sounds like good news to me. If retailers sold the Vanquish guide, then I don't see any reason why they wouldn't buy any CE's to sell. *keeping my fingers crossed nonetheless*

[quote name='hanzohattori1']FuturePress' Facebook message regarding CE guide: "Hi guys, we do hold the North American rights and we hope that U.S. retailers pick the CE up as well. Working on it..."

Sounds like good news to me. If retailers sold the Vanquish guide, then I don't see any reason why they wouldn't buy any CE's to sell. *keeping my fingers crossed nonetheless*[/QUOTE]

W00T ! this is great news !

I live in the US and I buy all my future press guides from amazon.co.uk. (with the exception of the Vanquish guide which is available on amazon.com). I must have close to 15 future press guides by now. They all surpass the quality of brady/prima a million times over in terms of build quality and content.

Just to share my experience...it does take a bit of time to ship from the UK, but don't forget that you will be getting amazon's customer service. For example, I ordered the madworld hardcover guide and it arrived with a bent corner....I emailed amazon about the issue and they shipped out a new one, while telling me to keep the old one (since it would not be cost effective to have the old one shipped back). This same scenario happened again on another occasion, which yielded the same outcome.

Also, I waited for the states to get the bayonetta guide, but it just didn't happen. At that point, I bought several copies from amazon.co.uk for around $30 shipped, and now they are going for several hundred in some places. ebay shows some recent completed listings for over $200.

Anyway, I digress...I just wanted to share my experience, and to suggest to my fellow CAGers that you order this guide from amazon.co.uk if you really want it. I really doubt amazon.com will get this.

I never knew there was another company that made guides. Brady and Prima are so prevelant. I normally only buy guides for a penny or if I really like the game will get the hardcover just to have. But I hate the fact that these "strategy" guides never really tell you anything about how to do things. I love that most just tell you exactly what the game already tells you to do. They normally are only good for collectible locations.

Okay, bosses. More info. Ps3 owners, I suggest you download Home(if you don't have it), or if you do, log into it now! The Helgast have invaded the Central Plaza! There's a little minigame there called Killzone Plaza Defender. It's kind of like a Lethal Enforcers game, where the enemies pop up and you have to shoot them. There are three waves, each with a challenge that needs to be completed. Nine challenges in all. Rewards include: clothes for your avatar, in-game perks, and the best of all, a voucher for THREE UNLOCK POINTS! This means a potential NINE if you get the CE guide, and the Standard edition(Helgast edition doesn't give you the 3 unlock points, but a code for 2x XP for 24 hours) of the game including beating this minigame. Also, you're able to pre-order the game from Amazon through Home, which would give you a jetpack for your avatar(once the game ships, and you have to pre-order the game through home to get it).

Challenges:

Tier one(1-3, Left side Vertically): Beat waves one through three

Tier two(7-9, Right side Vertically): Beat wave one with full health(Max health increase), Have a high accuracy rating on wave two(I think the minimum is 80% because I had 82%)(Weapons do 2x damage), and get a perfect score on wave 3, which is about 120,000 points(Reload time is halved)

Tier three(3-6, Middle Vertically): Assist players in completing waves by sending them supplies. Now this will probably take a minute and you'll be confused as to how to accomplish this. When you in the plaza(not playing the minigame), run around until you see red smoke(like a spawn grenade), and head towards it. There should be a crate there telling you what it is(rocket launcher, rifle clip, explosives, etc.). Alternatively, you could just run around until you see a crate, and it'll have a blue light near the top of it. Once you have it, you have a minute to get back to the Plaza Defender game, where you press play and select which supply crate to give. Who you give it to is random, and in order for the challenge to be completed, the person who received it has to beat whatever wave they're on, otherwise it's a no-go. It'll take a little luck, but you should be able to complete the entire tier. If you're lucky, other crates will pop up while you still have yours, and each additional crate you pick up resets the minute timer. I've gotten up to three at once. Once all challenges are completed, go to the challenges section of the game, and your code should be there. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ionotropic']Do you need to make a new account to use amazon.co.uk ?[/QUOTE]
No I just did this.. they have all of your info but you can't use Prime..

[quote name='hanzohattori1']Okay, bosses. More info. Ps3 owners, I suggest you download Home(if you don't have it), or if you do, log into it now! The Helgast have invaded the Central Plaza! There's a little minigame there called Killzone Plaza Defender. It's kind of like a Lethal Enforcers game, where the enemies pop up and you have to shoot them. There are three waves, each with a challenge that needs to be completed. Nine challenges in all. Rewards include: clothes for your avatar, in-game perks, and the best of all, a voucher for THREE UNLOCK POINTS! This means a potential NINE if you get the CE guide, and the Standard edition(Helgast edition doesn't give you the 3 unlock points, but a code for 2x XP for 24 hours) of the game including beating this minigame. Also, you're able to pre-order the game from Amazon through Home, which would give you a jetpack for your avatar(once the game ships, and you have to pre-order the game through home to get it).

Challenges:

Tier one(1-3, Left side Vertically): Beat waves one through three

Tier two(7-9, Right side Vertically): Beat wave one with full health(Max health increase), Have a high accuracy rating on wave two(I think the minimum is 80% because I had 82%)(Weapons do 2x damage), and get a perfect score on wave 3, which is about 120,000 points(Reload time is halved)

Tier three(3-6, Middle Vertically): Assist players in completing waves by sending them supplies. Now this will probably take a minute and you'll be confused as to how to accomplish this. When you in the plaza(not playing the minigame), run around until you see red smoke(like a spawn grenade), and head towards it. There should be a crate there telling you what it is(rocket launcher, rifle clip, explosives, etc.). Alternatively, you could just run around until you see a crate, and it'll have a blue light near the top of it. Once you have it, you have a minute to get back to the Plaza Defender game, where you press play and select which supply crate to give. Who you give it to is random, and in order for the challenge to be completed, the person who received it has to beat whatever wave they're on, otherwise it's a no-go. It'll take a little luck, but you should be able to complete the entire tier. If you're lucky, other crates will pop up while you still have yours, and each additional crate you pick up resets the minute timer. I've gotten up to three at once. Once all challenges are completed, go to the challenges section of the game, and your code should be there. Good luck![/QUOTE]

The minimum accuracy for wave 2 is 75% not 80%

Guys I know a way to work this also and get unlimited codes for the 3 unlock points. I've used 4 so far myself and it works like a charm pm me for details

Oh and there have been some comments on Amazon.uk taking so long... they use air mail..

"How long will it take to arrive?

To work out how long it'll take to get your stuff, add the availability of the item onto the delivery time.

• Airmail delivery time is 5-7 days, so if you order an item with 24-hour availability you should receive it 6-8 days after placing your order.
  • Priority Express delivery time is 1-2 days, so if you order an item with 24-hour availability you should receive it 3-4 days after placing your order.
Remember to check availabilities carefully if you order more than one item, as you won't receive anything until all the items are available. In the case of pre-order or long-availability items, it's recommended that you request separate deliveries as items become available (at extra postage cost)."

The Killzone 3 (paperback) guide just dropped to $12.41 on Amazon.com. I'm really hoping the Collector's Edition will be offered on Amazon.com as well. Please!

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']The Killzone 3 (paperback) guide just dropped to $12.41 on Amazon.com. I'm really hoping the Collector's Edition will be offered on Amazon.com as well. Please![/QUOTE]
Unfortunately doesn't look like its coming to US from what FuturePress just told me..

Me: oooh ok Thank you. Did you get what I wrote about the Killzone 3 softback? I'ts offered here on Amazon.. but the hardcover is listed but no price or anythingYesterday at 2:34pm

That's because Amazon didn't want the hardcover version...3 hours ago ·

On Amazon there is a sign up if you want to be notified of this being in stock.. maybe if enough people requested it they'd order some but who knows ..

I ordered mine from Amazon UK

I've been playing the beta (frozen dam) and i gotta say we really don't need any unlock points lol. i maxed out a class in like 1.5-2 hours and that was playing warzone and little to no deathmatch.

3 unlock points is like playing two good games of warzone w/ team wins.

(not trying to thread crap, just some thoughts from the beta)

That book is really gorgeous though..

I just pre-ordered the paperback copy of this guide. I ordered the Future-press guide from the UK for KZ2 and it was really worth the $20 or so price that i paid. At $12.41, you can't go wrong imop. Thanks for all the info everyone

A little bit off topic, but since we're all into Killzone 3 here, anyone have opinions on if the Helghast Edition is worth the extras? I'm feeling like it's overpriced. I'd like the artbook, soundtrack, and dynamic theme, and the camo figurine is cool, but I don't really care about the helmet. I wish there was a "middle version" of the game.

bread's done
Back