• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#31 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

The paperback version is listed at 13.49 on Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-3--%C2%96-Official-Guide/dp/0744012945/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296340340&sr=1-1

I went ahead and preordered that just in case the collectors edition doesn't show up on the US Amazon site. The paperback version also include the 3 unlock points.

TheVila.png

#32 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

Do you need to make a new account to use amazon.co.uk ?

#33 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

Do you need to make a new account to use amazon.co.uk ?

No I just did this.. they have all of your info but you can't use Prime..

#34 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

Okay, bosses. More info. Ps3 owners, I suggest you download Home(if you don't have it), or if you do, log into it now! The Helgast have invaded the Central Plaza! There's a little minigame there called Killzone Plaza Defender. It's kind of like a Lethal Enforcers game, where the enemies pop up and you have to shoot them. There are three waves, each with a challenge that needs to be completed. Nine challenges in all. Rewards include: clothes for your avatar, in-game perks, and the best of all, a voucher for THREE UNLOCK POINTS! This means a potential NINE if you get the CE guide, and the Standard edition(Helgast edition doesn't give you the 3 unlock points, but a code for 2x XP for 24 hours) of the game including beating this minigame. Also, you're able to pre-order the game from Amazon through Home, which would give you a jetpack for your avatar(once the game ships, and you have to pre-order the game through home to get it).

Challenges:

Tier one(1-3, Left side Vertically): Beat waves one through three

Tier two(7-9, Right side Vertically): Beat wave one with full health(Max health increase), Have a high accuracy rating on wave two(I think the minimum is 80% because I had 82%)(Weapons do 2x damage), and get a perfect score on wave 3, which is about 120,000 points(Reload time is halved)

Tier three(3-6, Middle Vertically): Assist players in completing waves by sending them supplies. Now this will probably take a minute and you'll be confused as to how to accomplish this. When you in the plaza(not playing the minigame), run around until you see red smoke(like a spawn grenade), and head towards it. There should be a crate there telling you what it is(rocket launcher, rifle clip, explosives, etc.). Alternatively, you could just run around until you see a crate, and it'll have a blue light near the top of it. Once you have it, you have a minute to get back to the Plaza Defender game, where you press play and select which supply crate to give. Who you give it to is random, and in order for the challenge to be completed, the person who received it has to beat whatever wave they're on, otherwise it's a no-go. It'll take a little luck, but you should be able to complete the entire tier. If you're lucky, other crates will pop up while you still have yours, and each additional crate you pick up resets the minute timer. I've gotten up to three at once. Once all challenges are completed, go to the challenges section of the game, and your code should be there. Good luck!

The minimum accuracy for wave 2 is 75% not 80%

Guys I know a way to work this also and get unlimited codes for the 3 unlock points. I've used 4 so far myself and it works like a charm pm me for details

#35 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

Oh and there have been some comments on Amazon.uk taking so long... they use air mail..

"How long will it take to arrive?

To work out how long it'll take to get your stuff, add the availability of the item onto the delivery time.

• Airmail delivery time is 5-7 days, so if you order an item with 24-hour availability you should receive it 6-8 days after placing your order.
  • Priority Express delivery time is 1-2 days, so if you order an item with 24-hour availability you should receive it 3-4 days after placing your order.
Remember to check availabilities carefully if you order more than one item, as you won't receive anything until all the items are available. In the case of pre-order or long-availability items, it's recommended that you request separate deliveries as items become available (at extra postage cost)."

#36 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

The Killzone 3 (paperback) guide just dropped to $12.41 on Amazon.com. I'm really hoping the Collector's Edition will be offered on Amazon.com as well. Please!

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#37 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:00 PM

The Killzone 3 (paperback) guide just dropped to $12.41 on Amazon.com. I'm really hoping the Collector's Edition will be offered on Amazon.com as well. Please!

Unfortunately doesn't look like its coming to US from what FuturePress just told me..

Me: oooh ok Thank you. Did you get what I wrote about the Killzone 3 softback? I'ts offered here on Amazon.. but the hardcover is listed but no price or anythingYesterday at 2:34pm

That's because Amazon didn't want the hardcover version...3 hours ago ·

On Amazon there is a sign up if you want to be notified of this being in stock.. maybe if enough people requested it they'd order some but who knows ..

I ordered mine from Amazon UK

Edited by shrike4242, 12 February 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#38 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

Doh!
Amazon.com, why do you fail me so!?!?

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

#39 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Ah crap, thanks a lot Amazon... I signed up way before...

#40 the_revelator

the_revelator

Never pays retail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

I just ordered from amazon UK. I figured it's worth the extra 20 or so dollars to get the hard cover version.

#41 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

I've been playing the beta (frozen dam) and i gotta say we really don't need any unlock points lol. i maxed out a class in like 1.5-2 hours and that was playing warzone and little to no deathmatch.

3 unlock points is like playing two good games of warzone w/ team wins.

(not trying to thread crap, just some thoughts from the beta)

That book is really gorgeous though..

Edited by PublikDefender, 06 February 2011 - 04:39 AM.

#42 nddave

nddave

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:20 AM

Pre-ordered 1 from uk.
The only thing i dont like is estimated arrival Mar. 5-10 :(
CAG4LIFE

#43 the_revelator

the_revelator

Never pays retail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

Pre-ordered 1 from uk.
The only thing i dont like is estimated arrival Mar. 5-10 :(

you and me both buddy:bomb:

#44 LiquidCrew

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

I just pre-ordered the paperback copy of this guide. I ordered the Future-press guide from the UK for KZ2 and it was really worth the $20 or so price that i paid. At $12.41, you can't go wrong imop. Thanks for all the info everyone
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:59 AM

A little bit off topic, but since we're all into Killzone 3 here, anyone have opinions on if the Helghast Edition is worth the extras? I'm feeling like it's overpriced. I'd like the artbook, soundtrack, and dynamic theme, and the camo figurine is cool, but I don't really care about the helmet. I wish there was a "middle version" of the game.

#46 the_revelator

the_revelator

Never pays retail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

A little bit off topic, but since we're all into Killzone 3 here, anyone have opinions on if the Helghast Edition is worth the extras? I'm feeling like it's overpriced. I'd like the artbook, soundtrack, and dynamic theme, and the camo figurine is cool, but I don't really care about the helmet. I wish there was a "middle version" of the game.

I originally pre ordered the helghast version of the game...

I looked over the extras and you know I thought they really aren't offering anything enticing.. Like you I don't care for the helmet..hell the figure I really don't care for.

Then the bonus online boost...I mean I played the beta and I level up FAST. So when it all came down to it, the premium theme will probably be available later.

I cancelled after this realization.

#47 ProjectSleep

ProjectSleep

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

I've been playing the beta (frozen dam) and i gotta say we really don't need any unlock points lol. i maxed out a class in like 1.5-2 hours and that was playing warzone and little to no deathmatch.

If your going to stick with one class then you won't need the 3 points. However once your reach level 25 it begins to rank up slow, very slow.

#48 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

The Paperback version of the Killzone 3 guide offered by Amazon.com says it's by FuturePress at the top of the page, but the picture and the publisher listed under the product description indicates it's by BradyGames.

How concerned should I be?

#49 hanzohattori1

hanzohattori1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

Unfortunately doesn't look like its coming to US from what FuturePress just told me..

Me: oooh ok Thank you. Did you get what I wrote about the Killzone 3 softback? I'ts offered here on Amazon.. but the hardcover is listed but no price or anythingYesterday at 2:34pm

That's because Amazon didn't want the hardcover version...3 hours ago ·

On Amazon there is a sign up if you want to be notified of this being in stock.. maybe if enough people requested it they'd order some but who knows ..

I ordered mine from Amazon UK

How much did it come up to? I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I'd like to know what the total price is.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 February 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#50 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

How much did it come up to? I'm ordering mine tomorrow and I'd like to know what the total price is.

I'd have to look.. I ordered Killzone 2 and 3 guides just as a collectible.

#51 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:05 AM

You rank up easy inthe first few ranks and get more unlock points but to they are few and far between (unlock points) when you get up to rank 13 or so and on out of 45..

#52 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Gamestop will not be getting this I spoke to their manager today he said they only get Brady or Prima guides

Yeah I found out the same during my lunch. Bah!
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#53 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

Playstation Blog just covered the guide!

Future Press is covering every aspect of the game, from highly detailed overview maps of the single player campaign to minute details on obtaining each of the trophies and secrets. Killzone 3: The Official Guide is no less meticulous, with an extensive breakdowns of the single- and the multiplayer modes as well as useful tips and strategies for players of every skill level.
In addition, Killzone 3: The Official Guide contains lavish concept artworks depicting the development of the characters and environments of Killzone 3, accompanied by interviews with key Guerrilla designers describing the process involved. As a special bonus, purchasing the official guide gives you access to 3 Unlock Points that you can use to get a head start in unlocking abilities and weapons for your preferred career. The guide even recommends the right time to spend them!
Killzone 3 and Killzone 3: The Official Guide will be released on February 22nd in North America. The official game guide is also available in a hardcover Collector’s Edition. For more information, please visit the Future Press web site.

Here's a pic of the US version:

Posted Image

#54 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

It looks so nice.

I think I may get it...even at $30ish.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#55 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

ssjmichael, that's the cover art for the non-CE guide. Amazon still shows the CE guide as "email me when available" without any item information.

#56 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

ssjmichael, that's the cover art for the non-CE guide. Amazon still shows the CE guide as "email me when available" without any item information.

Are you sure? It looked like a hardcover to me but I guess it's just a thick paperback binding. And if you go to the flicker page you'll notice the filename is "KZ3_SE cover_US". The SE I assumed being special edition. I wouldn't be surprised if they had differ cover art for the US version since the games themselves will have different art by region.

edit: I see what you mean now about that being the image for the regular guide, so I guess the CE one will still be the UK one

Edited by ssjmichael, 10 February 2011 - 08:05 PM.

#57 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

There's 3 different ones offered

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_1

http://www.amazon.co...97419655&sr=1-3

#58 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

http://www.killzone....game-guide.html

#59 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

There's 3 different ones offered

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_1

http://www.amazon.co...97419655&sr=1-3

They better release some more info about the differences between the first 2 guides. From the Product Info, the first one (which is already priced at $12+) is listed as being published by BradyGames and is 80+ pages longer than the second "authentic" FuturePress one?

I'm really confused, but signed up to be notified once the other non-CE guide comes in stock (if it ever does :cry:).

#60 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

FuturePress! They made the rarely seen in the US Hardcover collectors edition Guide for Killzone 2. And Guerilla, who put together Killzone 3 said why mess with the rest? Stick to the best! FuturePress is thee only guide you'll want for this game. I've seen the Killzone 2 guide and it's not only beautiful but more in depth than most any guide you'll come across. Take a look at their collector's edition hardcover.

http://www.future-pr...ct=books&skip=0

The soft cover is available only at Amazon.

Direct from Killzone.com

http://www.killzone....game-guide.html

Gamestop only sells Brady and Prima, already verified through management there.

So far Amazon is only selling the soft cover, hopefully with enough requests we can get the Hardcover collector's edition here in the US as well.

Edited by shrike4242, 11 February 2011 - 01:25 PM.