Street Fighter IV Collectors Edition - $28 at Amazon - Prime and FSSS Eligible

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 UltraMysteryDopplega

UltraMysteryDopplega

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Wow... very expensive. But I think the 360 version of the game is a little bit better; like most multi-platform games, the framerate and graphics are slighty better on the 360.

I sold my 360 copy after 20 minutes and bought it for the PS3. The 360 controller is HORRIBLE for fighting games.

#32 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

This is exactly how I feel.

Last generation was mainly PS2 and GC with the GC getting the multi platform versions (although the PS2 had a shitload of great exclusives). This generation for multi platform the 360 versions are almost always superior thus they get the nod, with the Wii and PS3 getting mostly exclusive love.

Although this generation my PS3 usually gets additional usage from it's multimedia capabilities (streaming content via web browser, blu ray).

In regards to SSF4, I have both versions of the game. The 360 version runs quicker (menus, starting up, etc) and online is much much smoother and more reliable meaning more green connections than a flurry of yellow and red connections (although online is still not up to japanese standards lol). The 360 is the better version.

All I needed was the PS2. Sold my GC around 2004, since I didn't need it. :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

And you call yourself a gamer without playing Nintendo first party games?

#34 RLaidEPeas

RLaidEPeas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Contrary to popular belief, there are gamers that don't care about Nintendo's first party games. I loved them growing up as a kid, and I still go back to the 8 bit, 16 bit versions to this day on my NES and Super Nintendo consoles that I still own. But the Gamecube/Wii versions of the Mario/Mario Kart/Donkey Kong/Zelda/Metroid games just don't have the same appeal to me as the original versions that I grew up with did.

#35 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

about the frame rate thing(not necessarily about sf4, i dunno which version is better).

most multiplat games(if one is better) run better and look better on the 360.

read almost any side by side spec comparisons of multi plat games(ive seen like 2 or 3 PS3 games have better specs than the 360 version, save for the size limit on discs).

even multiplat downloadable games(hd remix comes to mind, the ps3 version was unplayable about a year ago) are better on 360.

you would think it would be the other way around.

and btw, im by no means a 360 fan boy.

i wont even buy a multiplat 360 game(only the ps3 version).

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Almost all the worthwhile first party Nintendo games were out by 2004. I only missed out on Pikmin 2 and Metroid Prime 2. xD
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 ster

ster

LETS CHOP CATS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

Ye...no, they're the exact same.

the game would drop the resolution during ultras on the ps3, so no, they're not the exact same.

Posted Image

#38 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

Let's not forget that the PS3 version of the CE comes with the SF anime on BD. The Xbox has a HD version of the anime on DVD disc (don't confuse it with HD-DVD).

Regardless, I've learned my lesson and I'll not get MvsC 3 SE on day one :lol:

I wanna watch this SF anime, any place that you guys know where it can be watched? :P

#39 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

SF 4 < SSSF 4 < SSF 4 Arcade Edition

I don't see why anyone would want SF 4 now lacking characters, ultras costumes, and DLC, compared to ice cream it's like this

Vanilla < Chocolate < Strawberry

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#40 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

As a big SF fan, I bought the CE on day one, and had buyer's remorse after watching the crappy anime film that came with it. It was really bad...one of the worst anime films I've seen. Badly animated and an awful plot. Don't bother with this set unless you are a completionist.

#41 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:48 AM

Vanilla < Chocolate < Strawberry

Hey, hold on now. The Barenaked Ladies can back me up in that vanilla is the finest of the flavors.

#42 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

Hey, hold on now. The Barenaked Ladies can back me up in that vanilla is the finest of the flavors.

If by finest you mean boring. Its called "vanilla" for a reason.
Posted ImagePosted Image