LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GoingIncognito']I know the feeling. Also, an executive decision had to be made today to pay for repairs to our house humidifier. .[/QUOTE]
You don't have a sprinkler? ;)

Found 1 Ostrich and 1 SP Undercover cruiser at a Kmart in Montgomery. $3 each.

[quote name='freeorelse']You don't have a sprinkler? ;)

Found 1 Ostrich and 1 SP Undercover cruiser at a Kmart in Montgomery. $3 each.[/QUOTE]

I hate you. :p

Completely struck out at the LEGO Store today. Only set they had on clearance was the Shadow Snapper, and I wasn't really interested, not even at $9. What really sucked was that I got there before the store opened, but I could see in and saw they had a lot of sets in the "sale" area. Unfortunately, it was just a few dozen of the Shadow Snapper.

Went out and Targets had nothing.

They had 6 Gate of Atlantis for 29.99 & they had 4 Galactic Enforcers for 79.99... they were on temp. price reduction... wth.

I'd go for a troll fortress for $50.... I'd gladly pay for one if it ever gets to 25 :D

TRU had a sale, b1g1 free on Bionicle but it was just the smaller sets. Had to blow $35 in rewards on the Ninjago Dragon and the Creator Robot.

Epic first thread, 8000+ posts.

[quote name='xycury']Epic first thread, 8000+ posts.[/QUOTE]
I miss the old thread already. I figured it was probably just about the longest active thread going on CAG.

I guess I'll put my name up on the first page in the new thread. :):D:lol:

I was at Target earlier and found the fireboat for $25 & the big world racers set with the semi for $45. I would have bought that set but World Racers seriously has a butt load of stickers!!!! I seriously wish Lego would consider printed pieces over the stickers on sets like this. Sad to see Lego worry more about money than quality, it's not like there pieces of plastic are cheap either.

It's more than money for LEGO. LEGO number one thing is money, not to please everyone. Stickers are cheaper, it's more than that, you can reuse the pieces when they aren't printed. That's huge for LEGO. Because they only make certain pieces at certain times and with stickers you can make more pieces at once.

If anyone sees a Castle or the Space Police sets for $25 instead of $100. BUY THEM!

[quote name='skiizim']I guess I'll put my name up on the first page in the new thread. :):D:lol:

I was at Target earlier and found the fireboat for $25 & the big world racers set with the semi for $45. I would have bought that set but World Racers seriously has a butt load of stickers!!!! I seriously wish Lego would consider printed pieces over the stickers on sets like this. Sad to see Lego worry more about money than quality, it's not like there pieces of plastic are cheap either.[/QUOTE]

oh no, the sticker vs printed debate.

I hate stickers too, but I don't like everything printed, it makes them too unique and I don't think that's something Lego needs.

On a few choice parts maybe, but not everything.

On a set like Slave I though, they should have been printed. One wrong placement on there makes it look like crap. And it's not like some of those pieces would be used elsewhere due to the color scheme. If I was better at putting them on, I guess I wouldn't complain much. 

This weekend I had some friends of mine over, and we went on several Lego pilgrimages.

We went to the Mall of America Lego Land store - I'm fairly certain it was the busiest store I've ever seen in my life. All clearance sets, apparently, were devoured by shoppers the day after they went on clearance (so sayeth the employees).

I did go nuts with the "fill a cup" legos. Lego Land has these bins filled with pieces - one bin for red 2x2x3 bricks, one with large axles, one with large wheels, etc... there are about 50 different bins - where for $15 you can fill up a 28 or so ounce cup full of as many pieces as you can fit - all things considered, it's a good deal.

We asked the employee if it was considered cheating to put the pieces together before putting them into a cup. "Nope", they said. We spent an hour or more putting together 2 cups each. I have more lights, wheels, flag poles, arches, and angle pieces than I'll ever know what to do with - it was quite a lot of fun.

We also hit a bunch of targets for clearance sets. The $100 castle and space police sets were still at $70, so no purchases there. I found a stash of the christmas promotional bagged sets, though and picked up a number of the helicopter sets for $4 each.

So! My son should really like all this in 3 years when it's safe for him to use them... (he's under a year old now).

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']On a set like Slave I though, they should have been printed. One wrong placement on there makes it look like crap. And it's not like some of those pieces would be used elsewhere due to the color scheme. If I was better at putting them on, I guess I wouldn't complain much. [/QUOTE]

You aren't thinking full picture. Sets with printed parts can't be reused, the extra pieces without printing are remelted down and used to make other pieces. You can't remelt printed pieces.

Wow, new thread...

I stopped at the natick Lego store and they were pretty cleaned out of the sale stuff. I also went to two targets and the sp sets were $69.99 at both.

It's almost not worth checking for clearance deals in any of the stores near me. Most clearance stuff gets snatched up immediately at Target, and my Walmart puts the regular price on a red sticker for its clearance. Did manage to pick up a 2nd Space Limo at $16 there though. Swap out the Series 3 Rapper head for the alien head, and you have a very pimpin' Lego fig.

As for the printed/versus sticker debate, I can see both sides. It's nice to have the choice to put stickers on I feel...for instance, the baseplate that comes with the Scorpion Pyramid (or Temple of Crystal Skull as well) could be used for a ton of things, such as military bases, etc that if it had the Egyptian glyphs printed on it, it would ruin its use for MOCs. On the other hand, things like the Lamborghini Polizia set, which requires placing stickers over multiple pices, I would rather have printing or at least have the stickers cut to fit each piece, that way it could be disassembled without ripping stickers off.

[quote name='elsnerma'] On the other hand, things like the Lamborghini Polizia set, which requires placing stickers over multiple pices, I would rather have printing or at least have the stickers cut to fit each piece, that way it could be disassembled without ripping stickers off.[/QUOTE]

LEGO has already thought about that and that's why they make the 2x4 tile piece. :twisted:

Anyone know why the Build a Zurg isn't cheaper at S@H? It's been $20 from the beginning and that was ridiculous a month ago. :

[quote name='freeorelse']Zurg is $12 at every Wallyworld around here. Oh and thanks for the Hate :) /\[/QUOTE]

I'm from a snow covered Massachusetts, I'm full of hate. :lol:

This is too funny not to share! This is from Eurobricks when asked why purple and lime green isn't used too much.

Briefly:
As light goes in theatre, purple is associated with mental instability and green with physical illness.
In general terms Purple is associated with wealth or luxury. Excesses. Power. Also madness and effeminacy.
Orange is a colour of submission. It can also be a colour of passion. Or danger.
Lime is a warning colour. Acidic. Danger.

All three are associated with negative connotations in some way. They're colours that usually get watered down to pastels or darkened so they aren't garish. People have an inate distrust of these colours owing to either psychological conditioning through life experience and absorbed social prejudice or primal instinct. Many poisonous flora and fauna have lime/orange/purple colours.

Used sparingly, all three colours can be very effective and striking in contrast to more muted or contrasting colours. Though in large blocks they seem strange and alien. Overwhelming.

They're difficult colours to use and place.

Now they think they are color experts! :lol:

From Google....
Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Green is life. Abundant in nature, green signifies growth, renewal, health, and environment. On the flip side, green is jealousy or envy

If anyone finds a Fight for the Dagger for cheap (especially $3.00!) please let me know. I'll take one. It's the only one I need for the full PoP set. Thanks!

As for the paint debate, good point on melting them down. Never thought of that.

I keep hoping that Target decides to clearance the older Kingdoms sets that are getting harder to find at their stores, but it looks like they weren't clearanced this round and probably won't last until the summer clearance.

[quote name='etcrane']I keep hoping that Target decides to clearance the older Kingdoms sets that are getting harder to find at their stores, but it looks like they weren't clearanced this round and probably won't last until the summer clearance.[/QUOTE]

I only saw the Kings Castle on clearance at one Target out of the many I visited. I'm sure they might go on clearance later on this year, it doesn't seem Lego really cares about this theme after this next wave.

[quote name='bigdaddy']

Anyone know why the Build a Zurg isn't cheaper at S@H? It's been $20 from the beginning and that was ridiculous a month ago. :[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $20 is a silly price when they can be had at Walmarts for $12 easily. There are 4 or 5 at $12 at the Walmart near me as of yesterday.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ Hmmmm.... The last time I checked (the beginning of the month) both sets were $18 and out of stock.[/QUOTE]

There's a ton of those and Buzz's at all the Wal*Marts in my area. I guess nobody knows they are just $12.

These pics were taken back in June when we were reorganizing my son's room. They're all the unopened sets we had at the time, although we've built some we added a ton more this holiday season.

My wife called it The Hall of Shame.

My Target, which was OVERFLOWING with clearance sets a few days back, Galactic Enforcer, Squid Gateway and Claw Catcher at 50% off, was cleaned out. And there had to be at least 25+ of each set. I picked up GE at $50 earlier, and thought for sure I could pick up some others later. The entire post-xmas toy clearance section (two full aisles, both sides) was gone. One TINY end-capper was all that was left, some lousy Dora junk was all that remained.

Just proves, if you see cheap LEGO, you gotta buy it, it won't be there tomorrow.

New thread! I'll miss the OP's "Does anyone know where to buy cheap Lego? Like a CAG for Legos?" post. That old thread got me SOOOO many LEGO deals.

I don't know if this is old news, but I saw series 3 minifigs for 2.99 at TRU. Maybe it's universal since the website lists it as 2.99 as well. It could be worthwhile for those that are still looking but did not want to spend the 3.99 TRU markup.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Now they think they are color experts![/QUOTE]

I don't who you were quoting, but Lego certainly wasn't following a "don't use lime green or orange too much" philosophy with the Power Miners line.

[quote name='salty tbone']I don't who you were quoting, but Lego certainly wasn't following a "don't use lime green or orange too much" philosophy with the Power Miners line.[/QUOTE]

I believe BigDaddy's quote was in relation to his ongoing vendetta against the members of Eurobricks, who cast him out and exiled him from the forums, leaving him to wander in the dark wilds of non-European LEGO discussion .. sort of like the Lion King except it's hard to equate Big with royalty ;)

I was gonna say....Power Miners was pretty much ALL orange and lime green.....and Atlantis was red and lime green....and Space Police had purple in a few sets. While I wish there were more purple bricks available, I think there was some issue with the purple bricks at one point, if I'm not mistaken...so that's probably why we don't see it as much....plus the fact that purple isn't the easiest color to pull off...its not like it would fit in with a lot of different themes.

[quote name='elsnerma']I was gonna say....Power Miners was pretty much ALL orange and lime green.....and Atlantis was red and lime green....and Space Police had purple in a few sets. While I wish there were more purple bricks available, I think there was some issue with the purple bricks at one point, if I'm not mistaken...so that's probably why we don't see it as much....plus the fact that purple isn't the easiest color to pull off...its not like it would fit in with a lot of different themes.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why they stopped the Batman line. :) Joker used it.

Picked up a lone Undercover Cruiser yesterday at kmart for a dollar. The cashier scanned it three times and asked if it was marked clearance or in the clearance section. She was very suspicious of me and my girlfriend, like we somehow hacked kmarts computer system. She called another girl over to check the price at the shelf and proceeded to make sure our $20 bill was not counterfit with the little pen. This is at a kmart way out in the middle of nowhere in the country too, haha.

[quote name='etcrane']I believe BigDaddy's quote was in relation to his ongoing vendetta against the members of Eurobricks, who cast him out and exiled him from the forums, leaving him to wander in the dark wilds of non-European LEGO discussion .. sort of like the Lion King except it's hard to equate Big with royalty ;)[/QUOTE]

You can't have a vendetta against retards, it's just not fair to them. :lol:

Plus I was banned after they asked on their homepage if Star Wars should continue. I said no so LEGO can make their own Space sets better. The SW mod i never heard of then banned me for having a bad attitude! I mean really?!

That was the second time I was banned. I rejoin every few years to hope adults took over the site but never such luck. Let's have 15 pages of speculation on Kingdoms, a core theme that just started, ending because we don't have any pictures by October! The have the mods come in and support the insanity. Now they have a color guy and everyone goes "that actually makes sense! Great job!". No it doesn't! There is little purple because using dyes on the plastic made them not match (the Harry Potter bus).

Everyone tries to forget about Power Miners so no orange or lime there. :lol:

It's why I like this thread, we use common sense (for the most part) on what goes on.

On kmart being nuts. There have been a few guys who printed out USB barcode stickers and stole hundreds of thousands of dollars in Lego that way.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
On kmart being nuts. There have been a few guys who printed out USB barcode stickers and stole hundreds of thousands of dollars in Lego that way.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad Kmart doesn't carry the Imperial Flagship...I'm sure we could convince them it was an undercover cruiser and get it for a dollar. I kid, I kid.

[quote name='elsnerma']It's too bad Kmart doesn't carry the Imperial Flagship...I'm sure we could convince them it was an undercover cruiser and get it for a dollar. I kid, I kid.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I'd actually be ok with that. If the person working us so dumb they can't count not your fault.

But at least two guys would print out the barcodes for $20 sets and stuck them on $100 sets. Target never questioned it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You can't have a vendetta against retards, it's just not fair to them. :lol:

Plus I was banned after they asked on their homepage if Star Wars should continue. I said no so LEGO can make their own Space sets better. The SW mod i never heard of then banned me for having a bad attitude! I mean really?!

That was the second time I was banned. I rejoin every few years to hope adults took over the site but never such luck. Let's have 15 pages of speculation on Kingdoms, a core theme that just started, ending because we don't have any pictures by October! The have the mods come in and support the insanity. Now they have a color guy and everyone goes "that actually makes sense! Great job!". No it doesn't! There is little purple because using dyes on the plastic made them not match (the Harry Potter bus).
[/QUOTE]

duty_calls.png

But you're WRONG (according to them)! Therefore, they must punish you by banishing you from their community. This thread is the only place I really socialize in about Legos. I may browse other sites, but for the most part CAG is full of reasonable people so I'd rather be here.

Found these pics from last June when we were reorganizing my sons room. These are all the unopened sets we had at the time...we've built a few since then but added a ton more this past holiday season.

My wife called it The Hall of Shame.

pic

DSC03022.jpg

pic

DSC03018.jpg

pic
DSC03016.jpg

pic
DSC03019.jpg

pic
DSC03020.jpg

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...fuck the Steelers!

Geebus, that's a lot of unopened legos. I'm annoyed that I missed the city corner price error at Target... I happened to say to my wife "Oh, look at this.. this reminds me a lot of the ones I had as a kid, and If this one ever drops I'd like to pick it up for BattleChicken Jr."

It just so happens it was priced wrong the moment I said that.. I didn't scan it, though, so I missed out. FEEL BAD FOR ME.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Plus I was banned after they asked on their homepage if Star Wars should continue. I said no so LEGO can make their own Space sets better. The SW mod i never heard of then banned me for having a bad attitude! I mean really?! [/QUOTE]
Now you do have to admit that you have a bad attitude when it comes to SW sets. I don't see that as any reason to ban you, but it is undeniable.
Maybe I am wrong, but it seems as though there is almost no mod who monitor us in here though, which is odd for a thread that gets as much use as this one does.

bah new thread to occasionally lurk, haven't bought lego in ages, that and I live in canada.

lime green not all green, as opposed to the google quote.

love star wars but can see where your going with the space sets thing. Loved the blacktron(well blacktron II I suppose it was) and iceplanet stuff as a kid,

and oh my at this thing someone put together, one of the first google results.
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

I'll try and get it posted correctly when I get home.

That "Hall of Shame" is a thing of beauty. Makes me wish I'd picked up more Coast Guard sets, and I miss Agents. I bow to your Hall of Shame.

Just to report into the thread. I live in the Northern Virginia area. The price on the Space Police Galactic Enforcer set is holding steady at $70 in the Target that has them available in my area (Falls Church store... the others didn't have it in stock). Its a shame... I would probably buy it at the $50 price point. My son and I really enjoy the Space Police line.

[quote name='evantrees']

lime green not all green, as opposed to the google quote.
[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter! :lol:

The EB person said green, plus too little lime green makes you nuts... ;)
http://www.gemstonegifts.com/Colors/lime_green.htm

But that has nothing to do with anything. Lego makes whatever they think a 7 year old boy would like to own and whatever jumps out on a box. They have tested with colors before and just pick whatever they think will get the most attention and sell the best.

If LEGO made Atlantis purple I don't think little boys would like that. Orange is too powerful of a color, but can see it being used in the next Rock Raider / Power Miner theme.

Lime green is just way to powerful of a color. The pig farm tractor has maybe 10 lime green pieces in it, and it looks great, you don't need tons of it to make it stand out. Even though the whole Power Miners theme is all lime green.

LEGO's choices have nothing to do with auras or meaning of colors, they pick the color that they think looks the best to little boys, yet stands out on a shelf. Little boys don't like purple or pinks, so they are rarely in sets.

Atlantis is red and yellow this year.
Alien Conquest is blue and we aren't sure.
PQ is tans and dark colors (like dark red and dark blue)
NinjaGo is black, red, white with a few minor purples and light blues.

All those stand out from one another yet still would appeal to boys.

Red is sexual and war like. Maybe the next fire truck should be blue because that's trustful and loyal, just like firemen. But wait no one would buy a blue fire truck. :lol:

My point is seriously psycho analyzing the colors of a children's toy is insane! :booty:

This might be a long shot, but I'm hoping some CAGs can help me out. I love those Troll Castle sets and Knight's Kingdom II sets and would love to expand on the theme. Does anyone have doubles of stuff they wouldn't mind selling to me at a reasonable price? I know the Kinght's Kingdoms is from way back when, but I love the castles from that series. Send me a PM or just reply here. Thanks!!

Yeah, that colorology or whatever is a bit nutty. Toys are toys, nothing more. Although I do feel a bit peckish from a lack of Lime Green in my life :roll:

My "backordered" Shadow Snapper has shipped, apparently. Before anything else that wasn't backordered, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back