LEGO Deals 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5089 replies to this topic

#91 ireladd

ireladd

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

Welcome, and thanks for the info. So I guess that means they probably won't drop lower than 50% off either...

To see if it has a chance at 50%, you could always do what I did back when I worked at Toys R Us in high school. Most places like Target, WalMart and Toys R Us have a bottom panel on their shelving that is elevated from the floor by about 4-5 inches. It's a little too easy to lift that panel up, slide a product in there and then wait, as it cycles through the many markdowns. No one ever bothers to check them because they're not used by the stores for storage, it's just part of the shelf design. I may or may not have gotten a number of cheap toys that later turned into collectibles. 8-)

I know, it's a gray line of ethics, and this was a number of years ago, but it did provide some guaranteed great deals.

#92 JAYMATIK

JAYMATIK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

It means that they didn't sell, survived on the shelf through clearance prices, and will now be going back to the warehouse/possibly LEGO for some amount back.

LEGO doesn't take back merchandise from retailers for credit. For Target at least, if a clearance items doesn't sell @ 75% all stores send the merchandise to a centralized warehouse. From there, it either gets resold to wholesale accounts or gets donated for a write-off.

#93 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

To see if it has a chance at 50%, you could always do what I did back when I worked at Toys R Us in high school. Most places like Target, WalMart and Toys R Us have a bottom panel on their shelving that is elevated from the floor by about 4-5 inches. It's a little too easy to lift that panel up, slide a product in there and then wait, as it cycles through the many markdowns. No one ever bothers to check them because they're not used by the stores for storage, it's just part of the shelf design. I may or may not have gotten a number of cheap toys that later turned into collectibles. 8-)

I know, it's a gray line of ethics, and this was a number of years ago, but it did provide some guaranteed great deals.

Years ago when I worked at TRU we reorganized the layout of the shelves, and when we took them apart many were stuffed full of Star Wars action figures. Turned out to be a waste of time for that person though, Star Wars toys from the late 90s are totally worthless.

#94 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

I miss the old thread already. I figured it was probably just about the longest active thread going on CAG.

me too me too. Quite the active thread we've all made!

#95 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

My son bought to school the ninja from series 1 minifigures. This kid says he can't play with them unless he brings a ninjago ninja. Stuck up child. My son has ninjago he just did not bring it in to school.
Smile

#96 JAYMATIK

JAYMATIK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:22 AM

My cousins did that with action figures years back, but the funny thing about that is that some Targets actually have the bottom shelf screwed down. I also read in another thread that some people stash merchandise in the furniture section. I've found some marked down LEGOs and other marked down items in the drawers.

#97 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

My son bought to school the ninja from series 1 minifigures. This kid says he can't play with them unless he brings a ninjago ninja. Stuck up child. My son has ninjago he just did not bring it in to school.

They look the same!

Did you tell him to tell the children his ninja is rare?

If that doesn't work a good punch will help.

#98 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

I also read in another thread that some people stash merchandise in the furniture section. I've found some marked down LEGOs and other marked down items in the drawers.

Why did you have to mention this? You know I'm gonna have to go through all the furniture at Target now...

#99 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:02 AM

Target has built furniture? That's new to me.

#100 GoingIncognito

GoingIncognito

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:01 AM

FYI a post on Toys n' Bricks says that Lego Stores ship. I will personally call some stores tomorrow to verify this and report back here. Here's to hoping that the guy wasn't joshing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. " --Albert Einstein

Check My List

#101 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

FYI a post on Toys n' Bricks says that Lego Stores ship. I will personally call some stores tomorrow to verify this and report back here. Here's to hoping that the guy wasn't joshing.

They will give you free shipping on the online store but not from the stores itself.

#102 IOIHUMMERIOI

IOIHUMMERIOI

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

They will give you free shipping on the online store but not from the stores itself.

Correct! If you place an online order in their store, they will waive the shipping. I asked about it last week when I was there. I was wondering if they did site to store and they told me this. I wish I could call that Rockefeller store to get the Venator and PoP Dagger sets shipped to me. :(

#103 ireladd

ireladd

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

Hurry, my fellow CAGers! The Log Cabin is back in stock at kmart.com for $14.99!

http://www.kmart.com...=1&blockType=G1

#104 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

Hurry, my fellow CAGers! The Log Cabin is back in stock at kmart.com for $14.99!

http://www.kmart.com...=1&blockType=G1

Aannnnnd it's gone.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#105 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

I don't know about this. I do know if you go into a Lego store and they don't have an item in stock that is available online at S@H, they will let you order in store and get free shipping. But I'm pretty sure you can't call the store and have them ship stuff to you, hell, they won't even transfer stock from one store to another.

On a side note, I've got a lot of sealed series 3 extras that are probably going back to TRU this weekend. If anybody needs a fig or two to complete a set I'd gladly mail them out to you for cost ($2.99) + shipping.

I also saw the Atlantis Seabed Strider for $10 at Target...it comes with 2 pieces of the Greek/Roman columns...I'd love to see these in a PAB wall at the Lego store!

Edited by 180husher, 26 January 2011 - 02:13 PM.

Posted Image

#106 GoingIncognito

GoingIncognito

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

I don't know about this. I do know if you go into a Lego store and they don't have an item in stock that is available online at S@H, they will let you order in store and get free shipping. But I'm pretty sure you can't call the store and have them ship stuff to you, hell, they won't even transfer stock from one store to another.

On a side note, I've got a lot of sealed series 3 extras that are probably going back to TRU this weekend. If anybody needs a fig or two to complete a set I'd gladly mail them out to you for cost ($2.99) + shipping.

I also saw the Atlantis Seabed Strider for $10 at Target...it comes with 2 pieces of the Greek/Roman columns...I'd love to see these in a PAB wall at the Lego store!

Bah, I'll still call anyway
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. " --Albert Einstein

Check My List

#107 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

If anybody needs a fig or two to complete a set I'd gladly mail them out to you for cost ($2.99) + shipping.

If you've got an elf and fishermen, I'm VERY interested. They are all I'm missing, I'd gladly pay and throw in some series 2 figs if you're interested (Maracas, Pop Star, Vamp, Witch, Surfer) PM me if you've got them.

#108 donniedroc

donniedroc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hey gang. Going to be in NYC today and tomorrow. Thinking about hitting the Rockefeller Center Lego Store (since the closest one to me is in Disney/Orlando). Does anyone know if they are wiped out of clearance deals, or would it be worth the trip?

...I guess i am going anyway, since that is where the Nintendo World Store is as well. Just thought I should know if I could get my hopes up for some cheap legos to take home to the boys.

#109 GoingIncognito

GoingIncognito

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

I called up the closest Lego Store to me and THEY DO ship, and would ship to my house but I must pay whatever the shipping and handling is based on the price of the items I have shipped. The guy couldn't tell me what the cost was, but I'm sure it's similar to S@H. Also, they are out of Home Ones and Venators.

Check My List

#110 bouchj45

bouchj45

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

This is my first post to CAG but I have been lurking on the first Lego deals page since around page 80 or so. Let me tell you that you guys and gals are awesome and I have gotten some great deals from this website. Not to mention that occasionally you are also good for some great laughs.

About the getting stuff mailed from Lego stores over the phone...I just did it yesterday from the Rockefeller store and the stuff will be mailed to my house. I unfortunately live in a state with no Lego store so I get the benefit of no tax but I do have to pay for the shipping so I guess it is a wash. I have also ordered over the phone from other Lego stores as well, namely the MOA store and the Ontario store so I do know it works. Again the big downside is there is always a shipping charge. I hope this helps out anyone that needs it.

#111 JAYMATIK

JAYMATIK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Just received an email from EE that Series 4 Wholesale Pre-orders are now available at the price of $295.10 a case (2 boxes of 60) plus $14 shipping (for me at least). Price per pack comes out to $2.57 each!

S1 is still my favorite so far, but considering S4 is a close 2nd I just might jump on this!

#112 GoingIncognito

GoingIncognito

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Just received an email from EE that Series 4 Wholesale Pre-orders are now available at the price of $295.10 a case (2 boxes of 60) plus $14 shipping (for me at least). Price per pack comes out to $2.57 each!

S1 is still my favorite so far, but considering S4 is a close 2nd I just might jump on this!

Err, what is EE?

Edit: Rockefeller is out of Home Ones and Venators.

Check My List

#113 IOIHUMMERIOI

IOIHUMMERIOI

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Err, what is EE?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I should have called yesterday when I saw all of that on the Toys N Bricks site. Crap.

#114 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Err, what is EE?

Entertainment Earth

#115 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Just a little warning about the Rockefeller store. They generally mark up their items a few bucks over MSRP, including sale items. I'm sure it's because of location and generally it's mostly tourists in there buying everything and price to them is of little concern. For instance, S3 sells for $3.49 a piece and items on sale else where for $8, or so, will be $11. It's a nice store to visit, but very small and always crowded like no other.

#116 videriant

videriant

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

If you've got an elf and fishermen, I'm VERY interested. They are all I'm missing, I'd gladly pay and throw in some series 2 figs if you're interested (Maracas, Pop Star, Vamp, Witch, Surfer) PM me if you've got them.

If you need those I can help you out. Grocery near my house still has about 6-7 boxes for $1.99 each and yesterday I was looking for a hula girl for her hair piece but ran out of time and just grabbed an extra fisher, elf & gorilla.

#117 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

This is my first post to CAG but I have been lurking on the first Lego deals page since around page 80 or so. Let me tell you that you guys and gals are awesome and I have gotten some great deals from this website. Not to mention that occasionally you are also good for some great laughs.

About the getting stuff mailed from Lego stores over the phone...I just did it yesterday from the Rockefeller store and the stuff will be mailed to my house. I unfortunately live in a state with no Lego store so I get the benefit of no tax but I do have to pay for the shipping so I guess it is a wash. I have also ordered over the phone from other Lego stores as well, namely the MOA store and the Ontario store so I do know it works. Again the big downside is there is always a shipping charge. I hope this helps out anyone that needs it.

Whadja get and how much was shipping? If its price based like S@H then that is a good deal. $7 shipping on a Venator that is only $30 is a good deal, $20 shipping, not so much.

Posted Image

#118 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

If you need those I can help you out. Grocery near my house still has about 6-7 boxes for $1.99 each and yesterday I was looking for a hula girl for her hair piece but ran out of time and just grabbed an extra fisher, elf & gorilla.

Thanks viderlant, but I'm covered now. What was your grocery store, btw? I haven't seen them anywhere outside the major chains (Target, BORDERS and TRU are the only place I've seen them.)

#119 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

So is everyone just calling stores and asking what they have on sale? Anybody know what star wars sets are on sale/clearance. I might give a store or two a call.

#120 bouchj45

bouchj45

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Well...I got

1 Venator $65
1 Home One $35
1 ISD $13
2 Atlantis swords $3 each
2 Atlantis shields $3 each
1 Atlantis Shadow Snapper $10

For a total of $141. All I actually paid was $101 because I redeemed $40 in VIP points. I think she said for all of that the shipping was approx. $17 which was included in that $101. I hope that all makes sense.