"TheMangoKnife really hates the 'Green Bay Fudge Packers'" OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
"I rarely say this but, fuck the Green Bay Fudge Packers for winning today. Now I really want to super bowl to just crash and burn." - TheMangoKnife

I am betting on less than 20 posts before a TMK comment.

park-recs-pyramid_1500.jpg

a guy just got hit by a car on this episode of COPS on true tv just now.. i don't think i've ever seen something like that on this show. The cop was questioning some guys who he stopped for a cracked windshield and you could hear someone slam on their brakes and the camera jerked up just in time to see the guy hit the windshield, then hit the ground and slide for a while.

it's on youtube, type in "guy riding bike destroyed".. first result

i really, really want someone to make a poster out of the swanson pyramid of greatness.. that really needs to be framed and hanging on my wall.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I was at Fry's contemplating buying WoW. Then I realized I had a life. I wish SC2 would go down in price.[/QUOTE]

I have a life, and I play WoW.

/headasplodes

[quote name='Number83']I have a life, and I play WoW.

/headasplodes[/QUOTE]

You have kids. That doesn't count as a life, just procreation.

[quote name='The last OTT']
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest comes out on instant watch Tuesday. I really liked the first of the series and thought the second was pretty good. I just hope the third really wraps the series up.
__________________[/quote]

Watched the first two with my Dad and he really liked them. I'm surprised it's out for netflix streaming the same day as the DVD.

It's long, isn't it? LIke 2.5 hours?

The American version is going to suck, I just know it. Angelina Joule would be a perfect fit for Lisbeth. She's a slutty risk taker and has played a hacker before.

Played the Kinect for the first time today at a friend's place and thought it was just ok. I think I like the Move better.

About finding Heavy Rain for cheap from the previous OTT, shoulda got it with the buy 1 new get 1 used 50% off deal from gamestop a couple of days ago. Woulda been about $28.

Seriously, Heavy Rain is long overdue for a price drop. That shit is like at a Nintendo level of price stability.

It doesn't help that it got a big update for the Move.

Paid full price for it and don't regret it though. One of the best games of 2010.

"Joule" is like ten years too old and would cost a shitload compared to hiring a nobody. I've only read the first book and seen the first film but Salander's age is kind of really important to her character. The movie was also pretty lame aside from their characterization of Salander so I don't understand why you would whine about the guy who crafted Seven and Zodiac trying it again with a bigger budget.

[quote name='2DMention']Seriously, Heavy Rain is long overdue for a price drop. That shit is like at a Nintendo level of price stability.

It doesn't help that it got a big update for the Move.

Paid full price for it and don't regret it though. One of the best games of 2010.[/QUOTE]SCEA rarely drops prices of their games like Nintendo. If it sells good enough, price isn't dropping until GH time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Jinxed them to the Super Bowl?[/QUOTE]

No, at the time they were in thier own endzone and he brought up the last time the Jets played there, in the same situation, it was a safety. Sure enough, didn't Big Ben fumble the snap and the Jets got a safety?

It's a moot point now...just thought it was funny at the time.

Morning, OTT.

5 Degrees (Real Feel -3 degrees) when I left the house this morning. Going up to 19.

___

R.I.P. Jack LaLanne

Last edited by a moderator:
It was -3° at my house this morning. Made me really wish I had a garage.

83/Seanr - did you guys hear anything about snow on Wednesday? A lady here at work told me we could get up to a foot.

[quote name='Maklershed']It was -3° at my house this morning. Made me really wish I had a garage.

83/Seanr - did you guys hear anything about snow on Wednesday? A lady here at work told me we could get up to a foot.[/QUOTE]

I had heard it could be a whopper, but in my commute this morning the news radio station said it's now going to be mostly rain.

In other words, YMMV.

Dammit Budge.

You name the OTT after this developmentally challenged $$$$$$'s retarded outburst and now he's contributed 8% of its content.

And he's in here licking Sorny's asshole as well.

For Shame...

:nottalking:

[quote name='Maklershed']It was -3° at my house this morning. Made me really wish I had a garage.

83/Seanr - did you guys hear anything about snow on Wednesday? A lady here at work told me we could get up to a foot.[/QUOTE]

I've heard from my dad there's a chance of a good storm, but checking two different sites, I've only seen a 50% chance as the highest. The prediction for this week has been consistent thus far going by the 10 day report, but I still haven't heard anything about possible totals.

And checking Noaa.gov, the latest report (note, this is eastern panhandle area of WV):

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph.

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday: A chance of snow before noon, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. North wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: A chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Heavy Rain is shitty anyway, just rent it for 8 bucks. There is no real reason to own it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this assessment...I got it as my free game at a B2G1 at Gamestop a while back, and I could not get 45 mins into with without asking myself WTF is the big deal about this boring piece of work. Haven't looked back since.

I never understood why Heavy Rain was getting hype, besides it being a :ps3: exclusive.

It's as if gaming completely forgot about the clusterfuck pile of shit that was Indigo Prophecy.

Then again, gaming always falls for Molyneux's lies and bullshit regarding Fable as well.

I ordered Dead Space 2 back in the day when I had a 50% off EA store coupon from their Bad Company 2 site misprint and I kinda wish I would have opted for the CE now. :/

[quote name='manthing']I never understood why Heavy Rain was getting hype, besides it being a :ps3: exclusive.

It's as if gaming completely forgot about the clusterfuck pile of shit that was Indigo Prophecy.

Then again, gaming always falls for Molyneux's lies and bullshit regarding Fable as well.[/QUOTE]

True, but at least Fable had some charming characteristics like family, same sex marriages (How's that working out Sean/Munch?) and STD's. It was just over-promising and under-delivered...typical Peter Molyneux. But I liked them anyway and could at least play through them.

Heavy Rain had graphics...and I heard it had an emotional storyline. I just couldnt get past the emotional boredom of the first 45 mins.

Sucks for you guys, I was just driving around town with my window down :cool:
--
Almost kicked too much ass in beer pong on Saturday. Went 8-1 with the highlight being a behind the back throw I did during redemption.
--
I stayed away from the hype only knowing in Fable 3 that you have to become a king then play as the king and I was still underwhelmed by the game.

Another 8 hours of work then a day off. May it just be an easy day of me watching others socialize while I sit and read my book.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Heavy Rain is shitty anyway, just rent it for 8 bucks. There is no real reason to own it.[/QUOTE]

Renting is difficult where I live. There aren't any rental places around here except maybe a lone Blockbuster, which I REFUSE to be a member of.

[quote name='manthing']I never understood why Heavy Rain was getting hype, besides it being a :ps3: exclusive.

[/QUOTE]

I liked IP at it's very start, but it lost me once it had me dodging ticks in an office building. fucking lame.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']
I liked IP at it's very start, but it lost me once it had me dodging ticks in an office building. fucking lame.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Exactly.

And did you ever get the 'best' ending, with the Starwberry Fields forever or whatever hippie-dippy thing?

Shit-tastic.

EDIT here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeHQMjc81k

Complete $$$$$$ry. The french wierdo's intro to IP was irritating as well.

I am the cheapest packager. Almost all of the bubble mailers I get in from goozex or ebay I re-use to send games back out in.

Also, we're watching Bubble Guppies right now. It somehow involves mer-kids being doctors to an elephant.

[quote name='eldergamer']I am the cheapest packager. Almost all of the bubble mailers I get in from goozex or ebay I re-use to send games back out in.

Also, we're watching Bubble Guppies right now. It somehow involves mer-kids being doctors to an elephant.[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing when I sell stuff on ebay. Although I haven't sold anything on ebay in over a year.

I've got a couple of games that aren't worth much that I'd like to get rid of, like Infinite Undiscovery (new), and some other stuff.

Would Goozex be worth starting up to get rid of it? About how much is each goozex point worth? It seems like it would be much more simple than ebay.

Ebay is getting worse and worse by the year.

[quote name='2DMention']I do the same thing when I sell stuff on ebay. Although I haven't sold anything on ebay in over a year.

I've got a couple of games that aren't worth much that I'd like to get rid of, like Infinite Undiscovery (new), and some other stuff.

Would Goozex be worth starting up to get rid of it? About how much is each goozex point worth? It seems like it would be much more simple than ebay[/QUOTE]

100 Goozex points = 5 bucks. Not sure if it's worth starting an account just to get rid of one or two games, but if you have several you want to dump it's not a terrible idea. You can also dump DVDs/Blus/HD DVDs there, that's actually how I got rid of most of my HD DVDs without much hassle at all. It's pretty easy to build up a surplus of points on there, I'm sitting around 4500 points right now without making much of an effort.

It's definitely easier than Ebay as far as not having to set up an auction since everything is automated. If you don't mind spacebucks instead of real money you may as well give it a shot. Just don't use it expecting to get new releases right away. With the major releases it's pretty common to have to wait a few months until you get to the front of the line unless you're up at 4 am on release day (or whatever) jamming on the request button.

[quote name='manthing']:rofl:

Exactly.

And did you ever get the 'best' ending, with the Starwberry Fields forever or whatever hippie-dippy thing?

Shit-tastic.

EDIT here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeHQMjc81k

Complete $$$$$$ry. The french wierdo's intro to IP was irritating as well.[/QUOTE]

Aw for fuck's sake. I quit after the stealth stage where you play as a 10-year-old. They kept spotting me and I'd have to start over at the beginning every single time, so I said fuck this and uninstalled it.

After seeing that ending, I'm glad I did. What the hell was that narrative?! I played a good chunk of the game yet had no clue what the hell he was talking about!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']W2 is finally available...time to do my taxes and hopefully get me a good refund.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I'll owe the state yet again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back