Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/23/11 to 1/29/11)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

Well, one store near me said they do require the receipt from best buy because of the city's laws, the other in another city said they don't.

Must have something to do with how pawn laws are handled and using the receipts from best buy as a way of avoiding claiming stuff to the city government.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#92 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Ok, it shouldn't be this hard to trade-in games. I do know the BBY stores that don't require receipts (looks like over 800 of them) are all posted on the website at www.bestbuy.com, games section under Preowned and Trade-In. There's a little store locator banner where you select your state and then it shows the stores that have it. Looks like Florida is still pretty lean. I think somebody else called it out but it comes down to pawn shop licensing type stuff to determine whether or not receipts are required. Again, those stores on the list don't require receipts.

You get the same values online as you do in store, it takes about two weeks or so to get your gift card back.

As far as the promo goes, you don't need to trade-in two. If you have only one of the titles on the list, you get $30 for that, basically $30 per title on the list. $60 just sounds better (think free game basically). You can do multiple titles per transaction, but there is a limit of three of the same title per platform per year. So you could trade in 2 copies of Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for 360, 1 copy of it for PS3 and get $90 on a gift card.

Hope this helps.

#93 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

The OP should add the 20% off coupon for Rewards'r'us members thats good until tomorrow.

It does exclude video games and hardware but it doesnt say anything about accessories in the fine print so maybe people wanna take advantage of the deal.

#94 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:09 AM

They expire Saturday which is the 29th.

Just used some of my TRU certs today - something to pay attention to is that your TRU certs are applied before the taxable amount is TBD.

For example, I bought a game at $19.99 and used $20 of certs expecting to pay the tax out of pocket but the certs were applied before tax was calculated so the base basically came out to:

$19.99 - $20 coupons = $0 out of pocket.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#95 Smaug27

Smaug27

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

Split Second down to the 30s already--- wow nice. And Im loving the Kmart dead space 2 + 20$ psn credits <333 thx OP
Truth is your perception.