PSN Sale - Droplitz 50% off, various PSP games and Minis discounted (2/1 - 2/7)

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
This week's sale is not that hot compared to last week's. Sale prices are good 2/1 - 2/7 (technically mid-day 2/8, whenever the PS Store updates again). In any event, here's the list:

PS3:
Droplitz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2: The Mystery Of Riddle Manor – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3: The Mystery Of The Concealing Flame – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4: Death From Above – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5: The Riddles Of The Past – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6: Flight Of The Felonious Fugitive – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 1-3 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $25.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $26.99)

PSP:
Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin’ Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Half-Minute Hero – Price Change (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $19.99)

Minis (PSP/PS3):
Mahjongg Artifacts – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Stand O’ Food – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Supermarket Mania – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
I Must Run! – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – minis – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)

Expired sale:
"11 for 11" sale - 11 PSN titles for half off. Sale runs from 1/25 through the 31st (technically until 2/1 when the following store update happens afternoon/evening). List of sale titles and links to their Metacritic reviews pages are below.

Costume Quest – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Hoard* – $7.49 sale price; $14.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype* – $6.49 sale price; $12.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
MotorStorm 3D Rift* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price
Peggle – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Space Invaders Infinity Gene – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Swords and Soliders** – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Tumble* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Comet Crash* – $4.99 sale price; $9.99 regular price Metacritic reviews
Shatter** – $3.99 sale price; $7.99 regular price Metacritic reviews

* - Asterisk denotes a PSN exclusive title.
** - Also available for PC on Steam.

My personal recommendations: Costume Quest, Peggle (if you don't already have it on another platform), Tumble (if you have a Move controller), and Shatter.

Source:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...aystation-networks-11-for-2011-ps3-game-sale/
To stay informed with what's new in the Playstation Store on a regular basis and to hear about future sales, be sure to subscribe to the PS Store thread in the PS3 forum!:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, pretty good sale, too bad Shatter was already free on PSN+, definitely recommend that! will have to think about some of the others..would have loved to see some PSP digital titles..

This should have been the Christmas sale. Christmas sale was horrible lame and yet here they are swinging big for no reason at the end of a month........

Hmmmmm....this is going to be a tough choice. I enjoyed the swords and soldiers demo. I've heard good things about hoard and costume quest. Already own peggle and shatter.

In for Deathspank ToV. I loved the first and the corniness. Also, I agree with token, if you didnt get it for free from Plus, this is a good price for a fun block breaker type game.

[quote name='sociopharm02']Is Costume Quest worth the 7.49? I have been thinking about getting it but could never pull the trigger at the higher price point.[/QUOTE]

I think so. The gameplay is simplistic, but I thoroughly enjoyed the art style and the humor. You basically walk around an "overworld", knocking on doors, which either nets you candy or puts you into a turn-based battle. Each costume has different abilities and the battle system is pretty simple, but I really enjoyed it.

Damn, I want Costume Quest, DeathSpank (got the first game when it was on sale), and Tumble. Not bad for $20 instead of $40. Reading up on some of the games I am unfamiliar with. Considering the other Solder-X since I have the first one. Any opinions?

I will probably be getting most of these. I already have tumble and shatter and I also have peggle on the other platform but most the rest will be mine. Thanks OP.

Since one already went free through PS+ (I'm looking at you Shatter!) I'm sure some more of these will also go free in the future so I'm not buying. Too bad there are some sweet deals here.

I'll be grabbing me some Hoard, Thongs and Soldner-X2.

EDIT: Wish/Hope this includes the Costume Quest Winter DLC, but I doubt my luck is that good.

I will keep my eye on this... May jump on one or two.. even though I rarely play the PSN games I buy. They are good to have around for the rainy day.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Damn, I want Costume Quest, DeathSpank (got the first game when it was on sale), and Tumble. Not bad for $20 instead of $40. Reading up on some of the games I am unfamiliar with. Considering the other Solder-X since I have the first one. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

I have them both. If you enjoyed Soldner-X, you'll enjoy Soldner-X2. It's much better IMO.

Some pretty good sales. I played the demo for Tumble and while I was hesitant to purchase it for $10, the $5 sale price is good enough for me to give it a go. I've also been waiting for Shatter to have a sale price for the longest (not a PS+ member) so that is an instant buy as well.

Definite maybes are Sword and Soldiers (own it for the Wii), Soldner-X2 (wish the bundle was on sale), and Space Invaders Infinity Gene (own it for the iTouch but it did look great on the HDTV).

Definitely in for shatter, probably in for SX2, will have to look up the rest. Costume Quest demo was enjoyable but it seems like it could get repetitive pretty fast.
$4.99 Motorstorm 2 prologue may be of interested, I wonder what the size is.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I save my credit. Not sure on Costume or Tumble. Certainly want Soldner (been waiting for a drop). Might try Invaders for that price and get Spank despite having the first and not playing it yet. Got Shatter and Peggle during previous deals. What's Hoard and is that Motorstorm worth anything?

I think I might go ahead and jump on Costume Quest, but I might have to wait for the next time Space Invaders goes on sale. Damn you awesome sales! You cast a pox on my wallet!

[quote name='zenintrude']Costume Quest is GOTY 2010... it's an insane deal at $7.50[/QUOTE]

Is the full game much different than the demo? I thought the demo was super repetitive. Still will probably buy it, cause the gf's been asking for it since before Halloween.

Also, in for Deathspank for sure. Debating on SX as well, and I'll check out the rest.

Is motorstorm 3d rift only for 3d, or is it the regular motorstorm rift with a 3d option? Still haven't picked that one up...

Tumble was well worth $10 when I bought it IMO, very fun drunk multiplayer matches.

I loved the shit out of Costume Quest. I guess one could find it repetitive in the sense of knocking on all the doors to advance the story, and the fights playing out pretty similarly, but it didn't bother me because it has so much charm.

I was gonna get Thongs on XBL this week but since I still have a bunch of PSN cash I'll get it there instead; saves me from having to buy points.

My overfull PSN wallet (thanks Kmart!) has been waiting for a nice juicy sale. I'm definitely in for Shatter, Costume Quest, Hoard; probably Space Invaders; and maybe Comet Crash and Soldner. Also debating rebuying Swords and Soldiers (I have it on WiiWare), but that's probably doubtful.

What is Motorstorm 3D Rift? Is it just a little bit of Pacific Rift in 3d? Any reason to buy it if I have Pacific Rift (I don't have a 3d tv)?

Unfortunately I JUST got Deathspank, Costume Quest, and shatter last week :whistle2:/

What can you tell me about hoard and tumble. I have Move and would like more, good Move games

Well, bravo, Sony, you're actually having a 'real' sale for once! I have a few of those games already, but may pick up one or two more. Thanks for the post!

Deathspank 2, Costume Quest, Space Invaders, and Tumble for me. If you are thinking about space invaders, try the demo out. Its pretty cool, and definetly sold me on the game. I might get Soldner 2 as well, but probably passing on that one

Any recommendations for Swords and Soldiers? What the heck is it? That's the only one I'm not sure I want, the rest either I have or I'm buying.

[quote name='MSI Magus']This should have been the Christmas sale. Christmas sale was horrible lame and yet here they are swinging big for no reason at the end of a month........[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly...

Now, the question is, which do I buy and which do I not buy because they will probably be PS+ free games at some point?

I think I'll get Costume Quest for sure since the cross-platform stuff usually isn't featured on PS+. And I really want Hoard, but that is a prime candidate to be a PS+ free game. Same with Tumble...

Swords & Soldiers I might buy, even though that may become free as well - it is sort of cross-platform having come out for the Wii in the past. And Serpentor, I highly recommend it. It was one of the few Wiiware games I've ever bought and the only one I finished. It is a real-time strategy game but it plays out along a linear path (with occasional branches). It is pretty fun - there's a demo isn't there?

Hoard, MotorStorm 3D Rift, Swords and Soliders, Tumble, Comet Crash for me. Damn it, and I wanted to save money, but these don't go on sale to often.

[quote name='adamical']What is Motorstorm 3D Rift? Is it just a little bit of Pacific Rift in 3d? Any reason to buy it if I have Pacific Rift (I don't have a 3d tv)?[/QUOTE]

Ripped from google ... "MotorStorm 3D Rift is a stand-alone MotorStorm title allowing fans to experience ten tracks from Pacific Rift in retina-searing 3D." ... So it looks like no reason for you to buy it.

I on the other hand have been playing the hell out of the 3D demo and will most likely be buying it. I bought the add-on for Enslaved and was extremely disappointed in the performance, dropping frames, audio glitching due to the performance hit at times.

My gf and I absolutely loved Costume Quest. Definitely in for that one. I do wish it had some sort of co-op play though.

Tumble is another one I'm considering.

Does amazon price match these kinds of sales? It seems like they have before but Im not sure.

I really want shatter for that price.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Ripped from google ... "MotorStorm 3D Rift is a stand-alone MotorStorm title allowing fans to experience ten tracks from Pacific Rift in retina-searing 3D." ... So it looks like no reason for you to buy it.
[/QUOTE]

If you don't have 3D, you can actually get something out of 3D Rift. Think of it along the lines of GT: Prologue. You get 10 Tracks and 10 Events. There are no trophies, but if youre just looking for some fun off-roading you could do far worse for $5 (looks at you, Smash Cars).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/23/motorstorm-3d-rift-comes-to-psn-tomorrow-with-10-tracks/

Cant speak highly enough of Costume Quest, loved this game and the Grubbins on Ice DLC. If you dont have it definitely pick it up.

I Plan on at least picking up Deathspank Thongs of Virtue.

bread's done
Back