Your earliest Internet memories

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

A friend and I would have cyber sex with older women all the time. It was some really good stuff. I would've probably fapped if I was alone.. Anyways, at the end, we would reveal ourselves to be 14 and 15 year olds and just read the reactions. Alot of it made me cringe and it just felt awkward as hell but we just kept doing it to numerous women. Good times..?

In hindsight, probably not really "older women" you guys were talking to :-#
Posted Image

#62 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

I remember happypuppy, I think I used to get PC demos from then. Then sites wanted to start charging for access to demos, and that really sucked. Looking at you fileplanet.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#63 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Using Netscape Navigator at the library to look up ECW news and wrestlers' real names. When I finally got the internet at home, I used AOL at the end of 2000 to go up in chatrooms and such.

#64 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

I remember having to communicate through newsgroups.

#65 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

In hindsight, probably not really "older women" you guys were talking to :-#

9 times out of 10 it's a guy in prison that got an hour in the computer room for good behavior.

#66 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

Wow I guess I arrived late to the party. My parents refused to get a pc so I didn't get one until late 99 after I had moved out. Remember playing the heck out of Worms 2 and getting ranked pretty high on the BNG Cases ladder
Posted Image

#67 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

Prodigy, back in the mid 90's. Looking for video game codes and moves. I remember being part of some lame Mega Man X club. My first online handle was Zero. I was so cool.

#68 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Prodigy, back in the mid 90's. Looking for video game codes and moves. I remember being part of some lame Mega Man X club. My first online handle was Zero. I was so cool.

Since my first PC was a HP from Sears I started on Prodigy. Played some 3-d first person maze game that had riddles you had to answer.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#69 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

I thought of another one: Asking Jeeves if he was gay.

"I prefer the term jovial" was the answer.

#70 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

I remember back around 1998-1999ish I started using dial-up and thinking the internet was the best thing ever. I can't ever go back to that though.

#71 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:52 AM

Registering for classes on the network at college in 1993. Also a bit later playing Battletech and Neverwinter Nights on AOL.

#72 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:04 AM

Since my first PC was a HP from Sears I started on Prodigy. Played some 3-d first person maze game that had riddles you had to answer.

Yeah, I seeing ads for that. I always wanted to play but my parents wouldn't pay for it.

#73 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

First time I used the internet was back in 1996 during my freshman year at college. The first sites I remember were Geocities and Chathouse. Chathouse was really popular on campus and was pretty much a slow, clunky, HTML version of an instant messenger.

http://web.archive.o.../chathouse.com/

I think that site is dead now as I haven't been able to get in, but back in the day it was one of the most popular sites on the net.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#74 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

The first sites I remember were Geocities

I remember Geocities. Pretty popular in the late 90s. I think I made a music fanpage for Garbage or something. lol
Posted Image

#75 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

1990- At college I remember chatting with friends at other schools around the country. It was mind blowing at the time.

But 1994 with AOL is when I really started to get online regularly.

#76 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

Chathouse was really popular on campus and was pretty much a slow, clunky, HTML version of an instant messenger.

http://web.archive.o.../chathouse.com/

I think that site is dead now as I haven't been able to get in, but back in the day it was one of the most popular sites on the net.

I remember Chathouse very very well, I used to hang out there and on IRC when not playing games on my pc.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

1996-97, I somehow discovered emulation and frequently searched for ROMs on sites like The Dump, EmulationExcitement and others like it.

It was awesome (and still is) to play NES, SNES, Genesis, SMS, games on my PC, but what really blew me away was MAME and the ability to play arcade games at home.

That's a good one. I loved all the emulator stuff when I discovered it and remember futzing around with NESticle, ZSNES, and Genecyst trying to get my Sidewinder pad to work with them...but the MAME thing fucking blew me away. I flipped out at being able to play shit like arcade Punch-Out!!, for free, on my PC. The first time I fired up TMNT and saw the intro I couldn't believe it. I remember bothering the shit out of some nerdy friends while trying to figure out how to set it up/use it. Later on I got a frontend but at the time I was just using the command prompt and the keyboard to control it. Didn't care, still was amazed.
Posted Image

#78 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Back in 96 I think, parents got a computer. Lots of gamefaqs, and various shockwave games. I remember my younger brother coming into my room at 2am to do some various neopets quests too haha, those that you can do like every 12 hours or something. Remember browsing a lot of geocities too, looking for everything from music to anime fan sites.

Nothing to see here, move along!