TAP WATER White stuff floating in water... sort of looks like oil or gas

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
could this be something like a calcium build up in the pipes

its this sort of filmie stuff floating on top of the water.. sort of looks like an oil slick on water (not that much but you can see something floating on top of the water

anyone have a clue what it could be and what i can do to fix this problem

if i had to guess im guessing calcium build up in pipes

its just floatin on the top of the water

Get a filter...But if you have the money go bottled water. The placebo of bottled water does wonders for me lol. I would recommend Nestle . They have the highest water grade rating that I've seen compared to others on the market.

Use a brita filter pitcher. I've used them for years. I drink a ton of water and don't want to blow the money on bottled water, as well as being environmentally friendly by not wasting all the plastic. Even if you recycle it, still better to not use it in the first place.

Why dont you identify what state/county/city or whatever you are in and then someone can either look up info about your watertable. or contact the EPA or someone smaller in your town who does water quality stuff. Dont just throw out this random and unhelpful info expecting serious responses to remedy your issue (other than a brita).

[quote name='dmaul1114']It's slidecage. He's never posted anything useful or informative.[/QUOTE]

qft. I don't know how he lives day to day. He has a problem with almost everything.

What's it smell like? You better get your nose right in that water to smell it to. Just smelling the surface won't give us enough information.

[quote name='Scorch']qft. I don't know how he lives day to day. He has a problem with almost everything.[/QUOTE]

I've always been convinced he's just some regular's alt account that they fire up every once in a while when board to post something crazy.

called up the water company and they go it might be some sort of calicum build up what happens when it gets cold like this .. could also be air in the pipes or it could even be a build up of Chlorine...but i think if it was the latter i would smell it....

Was it semen? Did you taste it?

Seriously though have you seen your cat lately? I had the same thing happen and it turns out my cat was stuck in the faucet. I got lucky that time!

actually a chlorine smell comes from having too little cl2 in the water, not too much.

air in the lines could cause white/milky looking water. but if it is air it will clear up if you let the glass sit for a few minutes.

calcium is typically white specks in the water.

if it's an oily/slimy residue check any filters/purifiers you have installed, they may need cleaned/replaced.

calling up your water company and ask them to send someone out to test your water would be your best bet to figure out what it is.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']actually a chlorine smell comes from having too little cl2 in the water, not too much.

air in the lines could cause white/milky looking water. but if it is air it will clear up if you let the glass sit for a few minutes.

calcium is typically white specks in the water.

if it's an oily/slimy residue check any filters/purifiers you have installed, they may need cleaned/replaced.

calling up your water company and ask them to send someone out to test your water would be your best bet to figure out what it is.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the help.. werid thing we dont have any fliters/purifiers its just coming right out of the tap... give you an idea what it looks like....

Get a pan.
Pour a little oil in the pan and then fill it with water.... that wavie lines in the water is what im getting out of the tap.

it looks like cooking oil or something floating on the water..

they also told me to bump up my hot water heater up to 180 they said it could have something to do with the hot water heater even though im using cold water... this weekend im going to go over to my neighbors house and see if they have the same problem

I can't even imagine the stories that Slidecage's neighbor must share of his crazy neighbor at work events and family gatherings.

bread's done
Back