Shaun White Skateboarding $9.99 with rewards zone coupon at Best Buy 1/27-1/30

Brother Daz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just got a email about this, its definitely not the best skating game out there but for $10 it may be worth it to some poeple.

$20 off the normal price of $29.99, good for the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii versions. Coupon valid from 1/27-1/30

Coupon

Wow, maybe this time it will bump up the Multiplayer numbers enough that I'll break the game out again.

Game really isn't that bad, a lot better than the last few Tony Hawk skate games.

[quote name='Vacabck']Wow, maybe this time it will bump up the Multiplayer numbers enough that I'll break the game out again.

Game really isn't that bad, a lot better than the last few Tony Hawk skate games.[/QUOTE]

That's not saying much, though...

(my opinion is that SWS is a complete turd)

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']That's not saying much, though...

(my opinion is that SWS is a complete turd)[/QUOTE]

Never said it was a gem, but it's not as bad as reviews have said.

Especially at $9.99.

I'm a firm believer in everyone having their own opinion, so I totally don't mean to discount yours. I'd just rather spend $9.99 on (possibly) 10 iOS games. :)

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']I'm a firm believer in everyone having their own opinion, so I totally don't mean to discount yours. I'd just rather spend $9.99 on (possibly) 10 iOS games. :)[/QUOTE]

:applause: Was looking for a thumbs up but only found the applause. :)

That was a nightmare. The coupon does not work automatically, and it took 45 minutes before they decided to perform a manual override. I forced them to call corporate to get the coupon fixed. Bastards !!

[quote name='stoned99']That was a nightmare. The coupon does not work automatically, and it took 45 minutes before they decided to perform a manual override. I forced them to call corporate to get the coupon fixed. Bastards !![/QUOTE]

damn dude, and for what? a game you'll probably play for 5 minutes..probably saved some of us the headache though, so thanks! I think its funny/strange how the coupon is only good for 3 days, usually they are always a week..

[quote name='token2k6']damn dude, and for what? a game you'll probably play for 5 minutes..probably saved some of us the headache though, so thanks! I think its funny/strange how the coupon is only good for 3 days, usually they are always a week..[/QUOTE]

I bought it for myself, and for my sons friends. And I've already played the game a while back and it's worth 10$. It's got a number of fun elements that sets it apart from TH. And lets face it, I didn't expect to have problems when I actually set out to BB. It's not my fault that BB don't have their shit together. I posted my experience as a warning to others.

I had the same experience - took over 45 min to checkout while he called a manager who called the help desk (and got disconnected twice) and then had to get a higher manager to do the override... using a couple copies of this to flip/increase my RZ bucks. Had $30 in RZ rewards and trading these in at $14 each to BB.

beware if you're planning to trade in to Amazon, it might not work. This is the BB exclusive edition which has a differenct UPC than the standard. Other sites say they've gotten rejected for that before.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']For $10, I might bite. Hey, it's still better than Tony Hawk Ride.[/QUOTE]

AIDS is better then Tony Hawk Ride....

STOP.

Do NOT buy this game.

It's HORRIBLE.

I wanted something new to play besides Skate and Tony Hawk.. this game was NOT it. So disappointed in it.

And as said above, this is a BB exclusive version.. you will need to print out the original cover art or find original cover art to trade it in to Amazon.

Saw this today. So Best buy reward zone gamers club finally lets out a coupon after all this time and it's this? Just close down the gamers club and focus on the damn magazine. That is what best buy is doing anyways. Guess in the end they showed us, we screwed em too many time, now we have to pay them a subscription. Hmm kinda smart actually.

[quote name='Vacabck']Wow, maybe this time it will bump up the Multiplayer numbers enough that I'll break the game out again.

Game really isn't that bad, a lot better than the last few Tony Hawk skate games.[/QUOTE]

At first I was annoyed at this, since the Tony Hawk games is one of my favorite series ever. :bomb:

Then As I read down the thread someone mentioned RIDE and I remembered that RIDE and SHRED exist (I tend to block those games from my memory) and hopefully that's what you were referring to. :drool:

I love Project 8 and Proving Ground (though they do have their flaws), but they're designed for hardcore fans only, so their appeal is limited to only a few thousand people 'round the world. :cold:

Edit: I would seriously pay $200 for Tony Hawk 10 (a TRUE sequel to Proving Ground). I'd do ANYTHING!

[quote name='downsouthtigger']Saw this today. So Best buy reward zone gamers club finally lets out a coupon after all this time and it's this? Just close down the gamers club and focus on the damn magazine. That is what best buy is doing anyways. Guess in the end they showed us, we screwed em too many time, now we have to pay them a subscription. Hmm kinda smart actually.[/QUOTE]

I kind of think the opposite. We should continue to use these coupons more and send the message that we don't want to buy a magazine for promos. Even if the game is a steming pile. Think of the good ole days...Fairytale Fights...X-blades....it's not like anything else this cheap has been a real gem. I wonder what the sell-through is on the magazine.

Shit, I'll pay $10 for a video game that I'm only vaguely interested in. It's like a DVD that I'm bound to get a couple more hours use out of.

Thanks OP. Was going to get this during the Buy 2 Get 1 sale because of the Best Buy Exclusive content, but went with some other titles. Will be picking one up this weekend.:D

[quote name='JKSonic']Been waiting forever for another "free" coupon and THIS is what they put up? Grrrr...[/QUOTE]

Seriously! I hope you're joking. Free is always nice, but at least Best Buy has a decent rewards program. Don't see any other "FREE" program that gives back to the gaming community like Best Buy.

[quote name='neudog']Thanks OP. Was going to get this during the Buy 2 Get 1 sale because of the Best Buy Exclusive content, but went with some other titles. Will be picking one up this weekend.:D

Seriously! I hope you're joking. Free is always nice, but at least Best Buy has a decent rewards program. Don't see any other "FREE" program that gives back to the gaming community like Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Check out the Kmart thread of late, it's been on fire, I would say doing a much better job than BB.

[quote name='joshnorm']AIDS is better then Tony Hawk Ride....[/QUOTE]

Well, hell quit thread crapping and go get you some AIDS you fucking idiot!!

Anyway on my way to bb. $10 is worth it in my opinion!!

[quote name='stoned99']Check out the Kmart thread of late, it's been on fire, I would say doing a much better job than BB.[/QUOTE]

Overall deals, I will agree with ya, but there are times when BB still manages to shine a bit with their specials and occasional coupons.

February is going to be epic at Kmart for rewards, I mean come on, 25 bucks back for buying MvC3?!?!

Thanks BroDaz.......I'll pick it up for $10. I figure I'll get 10 bucks worth of entertainment out of it............I understand I am not getting a gem for a steal.

bread's done
Back