Dark Souls (Project Dark) - October 4, 2011

• Please log in to reply
2115 replies to this topic

#1981 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

I know from the map where he should be. I really think the game is glitched for me, on this aspect. Go back to Sen's and see if he is still sitting there.

Speaking of Sen's: I killed the golem dropping the boulders down the shoot there, but he respawned. Is that normal? He seems big enough that he would not respawn.
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#1982 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

He is the only one that respawns iirc

#1983 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

I am guessing that is so people could always go back and find Big Hat, otherwise they wouldn't be able to bash the wall.

I read on this kotaku article that he doesn't:
http://kotaku.com/58...?tag=dark-souls
I guess I shouldn't expect more from Kotaku.

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#1984 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Probably. Although I also saw a neat video where someone stood in front of that wall and baited the snakeman that rests down there. If the snakeman does his overhead swing and hits the wall it will actually break the wall for you. Pretty cool.

#1985 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Wow, that is cool.

#1986 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:47 AM

Need some advice. I have beaten most areas. I'm currently lvl100 with roughly 100hours playtime and I am a strength character.

Anyways the latest place I went into is The Catacombs. I was always afraid of that place so I kept out. Anyways recently just went in there and I now feel over powered! I literally killed the boss in 3-4 hits with the Dragon Tooth hammer. I was like WTF. Anyways can anyone name him for me? It's the boss with 3 masks.

So now I'm deep and find myself in Tomb of Giants. I read that, that takes you to Lost Izaths(or something) which may lead to the end game? Anyway, all I need to know is there a shortcut out of here without warping? The reason is BC I saved that chick and want to buy her spells but if I warp out, I'd need to go through The Catacombs again! Thanx and sorry if this contains spoilers.

#1987 Tronny

Tronny

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

Probably. Although I also saw a neat video where someone stood in front of that wall and baited the snakeman that rests down there. If the snakeman does his overhead swing and hits the wall it will actually break the wall for you. Pretty cool.

This happened to me too. I didn't put two and two together about the rock being able to bash that wall so basically I spent a TON of time trying to get the snake men to bash other walls.

#1988 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Need some advice. I have beaten most areas. I'm currently lvl100 with roughly 100hours playtime and I am a strength character.

Anyways the latest place I went into is The Catacombs. I was always afraid of that place so I kept out. Anyways recently just went in there and I now feel over powered! I literally killed the boss in 3-4 hits with the Dragon Tooth hammer. I was like WTF. Anyways can anyone name him for me? It's the boss with 3 masks.

So now I'm deep and find myself in Tomb of Giants. I read that, that takes you to Lost Izaths(or something) which may lead to the end game? Anyway, all I need to know is there a shortcut out of here without warping? The reason is BC I saved that chick and want to buy her spells but if I warp out, I'd need to go through The Catacombs again! Thanx and sorry if this contains spoilers.

The boss from the Catacombs is Pinwheel, and he's pretty easy at almost any level. Especially if you summon the NPC Lerroy to help. I also felt over-powered by the time I went down there since I had already done The Archives and New Londo first. Though I was about level 70 I think.

Tomb of the Giants is basically a dead-end. It leads only to a boss that gives you one of the Lord Souls, so you'll have to kill him to complete the game. There's no shortcut out or back in, really, so I'd finish it up while you're down there. Otherwise you have to go through the catacombs again (though you can drop down from bridge to bridge pretty quickly) and through the Tomb again.

#1989 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Lost Izzy connects via Blighttown -> Quel's Domain -> Demon Ruins -> Lost Izy

Only shortcut out of Catacombs / Tomb of Giants is warping.

It's pretty easy to get through the catacombs once you have flipped all the Bridges. Enter catacombs, climb down ladder and kill the skeles, go past the first bonfire. Once you are in the first open area where there was a necromancer on your right, kill the 2 skeles, start to cross the first bridge, but look over on your right side and below. You should see a rock platform jutting out about 6 feet. Drop down to it, roll out of the way of the hovering, exploding heads if there are any when you land. Then on the right side of that platform you landed on look for a spot on the cliff where it juts inward a bit to form a V, and inch forward to drop down onto a ledge from the V, then drop down again to the next ledge and you will be 6 feet from the area with all the wheel skeletons.

Alternately watch this:

Guardian_owl.png

#1990 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

Ok thanx guys.

#1991 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Well the update in my ongoing Missing Logan Saga:

previouslyl: He was not at firelink after rescuing him. He was not in the cell in the Archives Tower.I beat

Seath, and then went back to Sen's. Logan was still in the cage. I talked to him and he said he was going to go to FireLink, but he needed to stay there for a minute to log some things. He told me this months ago when I rescued him too. It was interesting that the wall was not smashed out to get to him, I had to redo it. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Anyway, I was so frustrated wtih him I gave he a good hard single stroke from my +5 Lightening Uchi. Which hopefully was enough to teach him a lesson. (It wasn't enought to agro him.) Hopefully he wrote that in his log.

~S

#1992 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Ha ha. Keep us posted :)

#1993 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Looks like there may be DLC for Dark Souls after all.
http://www.egmnow.co...ts-coming-soon/

A source close to the project has told EGM that some form of expanded content is in the process of being finished up for Dark Souls, and will be released as DLC at some point in the first quarter of this year.

Guardian_owl.png

#1994 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Would get me to buy it again, that's for sure
Posted Image

#1995 Assasin

Assasin

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

What's the recommended place/level to find the most people at when wanting to co-op?

#1996 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

BIg Hat Logan update:

I went back to fire link, and logan was there. Spoke to him.

Went back to archives, and he wasn't there. Went to cell and it was locked again and he wasn't there. Unlocked it. Went to his spot in archives and he was there!!!!!!! Yay, I can finally buy crystal spells!

I think the key is to give him a whack with your weapon when you free him from Sen's. :)

#1997 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Some people need a little extra "motivation"

#1998 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Supposedly that is the cure if Patches gets stuck and won't head go up to Firelink after finishing the Tomb of the Giants. Killing him often caused him to get unstuck and spawn up top.

Another thing which apparently can cause problems with Sen's NPC progression (particularly with Seigmeyer) is if you go back and do the events in Sen's after you've gotten the Lordvessel. Once you have the Lordvessel one never uses the entrance to Anor Londo via the ring on top of the fortress, they just warp to the first bonfire. But clicking through the ring (in the case of Seigmeyer) is the event which causes them to spawn in the next location.

Guardian_owl.png

#1999 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

I think I gave my divine ember to Andre(can't remember which sixth actually). I can't seem to get anyone to upgrade my divine weapon past +5. Can you only do that if you give the divine ember to rickert?

#2000 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think I gave my divine ember to Andre(can't remember which sixth actually). I can't seem to get anyone to upgrade my divine weapon past +5. Can you only do that if you give the divine ember to rickert?

There is a large Divine ember that you need to do +6 to +10, it can be found guarded by quite a few enemies in the Tomb of the giants. It isn't on the path of sliding down, it is on the path you would do if you climbed back up via ladders. From Patches, head to the right along the ledge, keep going until you see some fallen towers surrounding a hole in the ground which leads into a tomb. That leads on a twisting path up to the start.

Alternately, after you kill the first giant skeleton at the start of the level look over the edge for a ladder you can climb down / ledge you can jump to to enter from the top to take the alternate route down to Patches.

The ember can be found along the way in a room with 4 or 5 giant skeletons.

Guardian_owl.png

#2001 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

So is there a point to Humanity?

Also the first boss surprised the hell out of me:
Spoiler

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2002 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hey, guys, I have a question. I have some friends who want to play Dark Souls with me, but I've heard that it's hard to do co-op because of server design in DS. Is that true, or are those old reviews now false?

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#2003 Assasin

Assasin

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

I have yet to do this because I am afraid it might not work, can you put your soul sign down and get summoned in a world which you've already beaten the boss?

#2004 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

Yes.

#2005 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hey, guys, I have a question. I have some friends who want to play Dark Souls with me, but I've heard that it's hard to do co-op because of server design in DS. Is that true, or are those old reviews now false?

It's harder than in Demon's Souls, but it's not too bad. You might have to put your soapstone sign down multiple times before your friend can see it, but once he does you're good to go for your whole session (multiple summonings). Just try cancelling it and putting it down again every 30 seconds or so until he sees it.

#2006 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Where can I get a Catalyst exactly?
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2007 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Where can I get a Catalyst exactly?

You can get one for free by freeing an NPC in the lower Undead Burg (you need to buy the residence key from the undead merchant). Or you can buy one from the magic blacksmith by heading down the stairs at Firelink, then down the other set of stairs (kind of hidden) and taking the elevator down to New Londo. Then look around there for another set of stairs going down and you'll find Rickart the blacksmith.

#2008 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

I decided to start with the Master Key though.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2009 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

That doesn't affect getting a catalyst - no master key needed.

#2010 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

I decided to start with the Master Key though.

Master key doesn't unlock all doors (false advertising), some require a specific key that has to be purchased from an NPC or found in the level.

So is there a point to Humanity?

Also the first boss surprised the hell out of me:

Spoiler

Humanity is what you use to:
1.)Turn into human form at bonfires so that you can summon phantoms to aid you in defeating bosses / clearing levels
2.)Offered in large quantities to level up in 2 different covenants
3.)Greatly replenishes HP when consumed from inventory which converts it from solid to liquid form and puts it in your humanity bank.
4.)More "liquid" humanity in your "bank" (upper left-hand corner of the screen, not as a pickup in your inventory) means
-A.)higher item drop rate
-B.)Increased damage with Chaos weapon upgrade
-C.)boosted defense stats, especially curse resist

Solid humanity (humanity in your inventory) is not lost upon death, liquid humanity drops into your bloodstain along with your souls and is lost if you die again without retrieving it.

Assuming you avoid spoilers, you are in for a bigger surprise when you come back to the asylum later in the game.

Edited by guardian_owl, 23 January 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Guardian_owl.png