Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dark Souls (Project Dark) - October 4, 2011

• Please log in to reply
2115 replies to this topic

#2071 bastiartadi

bastiartadi

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yea, the enemies are stronger imo. My brother took away my PS3 so I haven't played this game in over a week and stopped at anor londo at first bond fire.

Yeah, it seems like every enemy will have a chance to kill you as long as they're >2. I kind of miss the penalty on dying tbh.

Great source for PSN prices: http://www.psnprices.com/

#2072 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

Started playing this last week. I'm through Anor Londo and Blighttown. Dark feels much more fantasy, while Demon's felt more gritty, dark and oppressive.

From what I've dabbled and read about the covenants, though, Dark's got the edge in RPG stuffs. Demon's had cool bits of backstory and stuff to be found in the game world, but Dark probably has 100 times that.

The backstabbing done by invaders is just beyond stupid, though. It was pretty bad and glitchy in Demon's, but it's flat out embarrassing in Dark.

Edited by Feeding the Abscess, 17 March 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#2073 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

I beat this game on my xbox before it red ringed, but I just recently picked this up for the Ps3, can't wait to dig in and play the PvP on the Ps3 seems more abundant then the xbox because it was released first in Japan on the Ps3.

#2074 io

io

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

Like the pathetically low drop rate of the Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls, I consider being forced to complete another iteration of the game for just 1 weapon artificial difficulty. For that reason I had no reservation about receiving a duped Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls and I wouldn't begrudge someone holding onto the cursed Astorias sword so they don't have to do a 3rd playthrough.

Thanks - I agree entirely. I put in the effort and time on this game (120+ hours). It's not like holding a couple extra weapons gave me the platinum after just 10 hours of play or something.

You don't have to do a full 3rd playthrough though, just up to Anor Londo, and I'm begrudging io for not even doing a second playthrough.

I haven't even read this thread since my last post in early Feb, but this is just hilarious. I need to finish up that plat on Demon's Souls just to piss you off even more (as in that game someone let me hold the pure bladestone weapon and some of the rings). But I'm too absorbed in Mass Effect right now to bother with that. And hey, I played Mass Effect 2 through 3 or 4 times. I forget exactly - one or two times regular and again on insanity (to get all the achievements) and am playing again currently for the DLC and to get the correct story elements in line for ME3.

The point is I tend to spend a lot of time playing a single game and obsess over getting every item/sidequest/trophy. It's gotten to the point where I won't even start games that I know I'll sink 100+ hours into (eg, Skyrim) because I don't want to get tied down to a single game for so long. If I can shave a few hours off using a valid, in-game mechanism (sharing items via coop play is not a glitch) then I have no qualms about doing so.

Edited by io, 19 March 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#2075 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Looks like a PC version is likely incoming, all manner of articles about an announcement about Dark Souls coming by April 12th and an Australian PC Mag teased an image of red letters on black simply saying "You Died."

Like on facebook to have the announcement come faster.
https://www.facebook...352678381442367

Guardian_owl.png

#2076 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I could only imagine the mods/hacks that would ensue. I'd bet someone would find a way to create a true co-op mode as well. So many possibilities, but I'm not sure I'd bother with a PC port TBH.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2077 Assasin

Assasin

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Has there been any new updates since the last one that ruined the game?

#2078 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

PC version confirmed for late August including new content and bosses. I would assume the same DLC for the consoles would be released around that time.

Guardian_owl.png

#2079 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Game is also coming out for steam, not just windows live. Artorias of the Abyss DLC will be released for console in the winter.

Guardian_owl.png

#2080 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Can't wait! i will buy and die again
Posted Image

#2081 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Argh, have to wait until Winter. Oh well, I'll get it then. Haven't played in a few months now, and by then I'l probably just play through the whole game again a few times.

#2082 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I wonder if they are delaying to winter so that they can release a new prepare to die edition for consoles for Christmas or something.

Guardian_owl.png

#2083 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Praise the Sun! Looking forward to fighting Artorias the Abysswalker.

#2084 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

I wonder if they are delaying to winter so that they can release a new prepare to die edition for consoles for Christmas or something.

For now it seems that the CE contents remain as a PC exclusive and consoles just get a re-release according to the photos on their FB page. Also, the price of the dlc is set at $14.99

EU PS3 - Prepare to Die Edition cover.
Spoiler

PC "Exclusive" - Prepare to Die Edition.
Spoiler

#2085 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Oh Fuck no, they get an actual CD soundtrack in their CE? GOD DAMN YOU NAMCO!!!!!!!!11111

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2086 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I just hope the DLC is easily accessible from anywhere in the game, like a portal in the Firelink Shrine or something. I don't want to be made to go through any areas to get to the DLC.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#2087 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

I just hope the DLC is easily accessible from anywhere in the game, like a portal in the Firelink Shrine or something. I don't want to be made to go through any areas to get to the DLC.

From the trailer it looks to be located where you fight the Hydra. I bet From Software will release it and let people figure out where it's at. I normally don't buy DLC for games without a sale but I will get this day 1. The trailer looks awesome.

#2088 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

From the trailer it looks to be located where you fight the Hydra. I bet From Software will release it and let people figure out where it's at. I normally don't buy DLC for games without a sale but I will get this day 1. The trailer looks awesome.

Hahaha, that would be awesomely "in the spirit" of the game.

"OK, you bought the DLC expansion content. Good for you. Now go explore and find it"

You'd need to kill the Hydra to get access to the area, and probably need to find some item in a completely different area to access it (with in game item description hints of course)

And which Hydra are you referring to? The one in the forest lake or the one that glitch-dies as it chases you to the Dragon Covenant?
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#2089 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hahaha, that would be awesomely "in the spirit" of the game.

"OK, you bought the DLC expansion content. Good for you. Now go explore and find it"

You'd need to kill the Hydra to get access to the area, and probably need to find some item in a completely different area to access it (with in game item description hints of course)

And which Hydra are you referring to? The one in the forest lake or the one that glitch-dies as it chases you to the Dragon Covenant?

I was thinking the same thing on which Hydra it could be. I would guess it's the Hydra by the lake in Dark Root. The reason cause it seems there is a forest that's a lot brighter. I'm going to finish up my Platinum before this is out. I can't wait for this and glad From Software has made this DLC.

#2090 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

Prepare to Die DLC coming to PSN on 10/24.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2091 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Nice, I've been holding up finishing my current playthrough ever since I heard about the DLC.

Guardian_owl.png

#2092 Assasin

Assasin

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I've been waiting for a release date for that for a while! Definitely looking forward to it!

#2093 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Excellent. I've managed to avoid all spoilers for the DLC thus far - just one more month to go! Of course, I haven't played since around February, so I'll probably get my ass kicked all over again. Guess I'll start a new character and run through once more as part of this....

#2094 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

The retail console version of 'Prepare to Die' is set to be released on 10/26. No real incentive to get it other than for the new box art or to have everything on one disc.

#2095 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

That's only in the UK, US version is not getting a stand alone
Posted Image

#2096 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's only in the UK, US version is not getting a stand alone

Damn. I got excited and let down for a second time ha. Not sure how I feel about buying it as DLC, since I've never bought any ever. Maybe if fans plead enough we'll get a GOTY edition and I can buy that instead. If not, I feel content enough that I've already beat Dark Souls and might skip on this.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2097 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I am fine supporting it because it is what DLC should be, content created after the fact to add longevity to a game which sold well, not features developed in tandem with the main game (which in the previous generation would of come with the game on disc at launch) then held back to milk extra money from the consumer.

Guardian_owl.png

#2098 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

I am fine supporting it because it is what DLC should be, content created after the fact to add longevity to a game which sold well, not features developed in tandem with the main game (which in the previous generation would of come with the game on disc at launch) then held back to milk extra money from the consumer.

Oh for sure and it's well done from what I've heard. I just prefer a retail copy is all because I don't mind paying extra, just like I did with RDR when they put out the Halloween DLC.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2099 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Here we go again...
http://www.dailymoti...2012_videogames
edit:
http://www.darksoulsii.com/

Edited by guardian_owl, 08 December 2012 - 08:16 AM.

Guardian_owl.png

#2100 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Here we go again...
http://www.dailymoti...2012_videogames

:whee:

BumslieOG.png