Parasite Eve:The 3rd Birthday - Pre-order PSP $29.99 @ Amazon w/FSSS

GundamS

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the first PE and hated the second. Don't know if that has any bearing on the 3rd birthday but I will wait until it's $20 or less.

Sadly I have heard terribly things about the story. Which is a shame since I really liked the first two. I would wait for the English reviews on this one folks.

I wish Square-Enix would just release their games on PSN already. I don't wanna buy any more UMDs, since the NGP won't play them.

I have heard no confirm on that release date; it's previous Amazon listing was March 31 @ $39.99.

Thanks for the heads-up OP, I've been keeping close watch on this listing. Pre-ordered.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I wish Square-Enix would just release their games on PSN already. I don't wanna buy any more UMDs, since the NGP won't play them.[/QUOTE]

Most of their recent games, minus Kingdom Hearts, are available on PSN. There's issues with Disney as to why Kingdom Hearts isn't.

I'm confused by this and Duodecim both being $30 brand new. I'm wondering if this is some sort of early adopter thing by Squenix, or a new standard due to PSP "being on the way out". (IE with NGP due out this year)

Either way, highly tempted to pre-order and secure at this price. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='boogie4114']the date on the pre-order now is March 21 unless the OP made an error on his post.[/QUOTE]

They changed it ;) and where did release date delivery go??

My order still says the 29th with RDD :roll:

[quote name='mxpowar']What extras are included in the LE?[/QUOTE]
  • Artbook (48 pages)
  • CD​
    Mini-Soundtrack CD
  • exclusive DLC costume for Dissidia 012
Just like the Tactics Ogre one, which does have a picture. I haven't seen a picture of the 3rd Birthday LE yet.

I am guessing it will be similar to this:
TacticsL.jpg

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I'm confused by this and Duodecim both being $30 brand new. I'm wondering if this is some sort of early adopter thing by Squenix, or a new standard due to PSP "being on the way out". (IE with NGP due out this year)

Either way, highly tempted to pre-order and secure at this price. Thanks for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

Well, both Lords of Arcana and Tactics Ogre are still $40, so it could just be that they are trying to encourage people to buy all four now rather than buying just one or two of the games and waiting for the others to drop in price.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I wish Square-Enix would just release their games on PSN already. I don't wanna buy any more UMDs, since the NGP won't play them.[/QUOTE]

^ This. Sony pretty much killed off UMD sales for the rest of 2011 with the NGP announcement. Even for collectors, backwards compatibility sometimes trumps physical media. It doesn't help that the 3DS is out in March.

[quote name='sadakou']^ This. Sony pretty much killed off UMD sales for the rest of 2011 with the NGP announcement. Even for collectors, backwards compatibility sometimes trumps physical media. It doesn't help that the 3DS is out in March.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really love all the UK collectors editions that were posted here and in the other thread, but I just don't know about having all these UMDs laying around. I'd rather have a digital copy that I can actually keep and play on my NGP when I get one.

I realized how much I love having games stored on the memory card / system when I picked up a PSP go last year (not that I won't buy the new carts for NGP if there's a collector's edition I want). I've been playing the hell out of Persona 3 Portable. Boot up and load times are next to nothing, and frequently you can catch a sale that makes the game fifty percent off (like P3P, Valkyria Chronicles II, and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker). Plus you don't have to carry all your games around when you travel.

Does anyone know if Square-Enix is gonna be releasing Tactics Ogre, 3rd Birthday, and Duodecim on PSN? If they are, I'll be waiting for those.

Will PSP games bought via PSN work on the NGP (PSP2)? I was under the impression that there would be no backward compatibility whatsoever.

I've perused the GameFAQs forums on this game after the Japanese release to get a sense of whether the game turned out well. From my impression, the story sucks, gameplay is above-average, and its main draw is the fanservice. Sadly, as an ex-Squaresoft fan who liked the original PE, I am still interested. Just like how I am interested in FFXIII-2 despite thinking FFXIII was one of the worst "big" games of last year.

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, both Lords of Arcana and Tactics Ogre are still $40, so it could just be that they are trying to encourage people to buy all four now rather than buying just one or two of the games and waiting for the others to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

It's working on me at least.

I feel like anyone who says NGP is a douchebag

I don't know why

[quote name='Antipodes']Will PSP games bought via PSN work on the NGP (PSP2)? I assumed that there would be no backward compatibility whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

NGP will be able to play any PSP games downloaded off of PSN. At least that was the understanding I have from the different reports.

My only concern now is the one shared with many CAG peeps. Do I buy 3rd Birthday, Duodecim, (as well as) Persona 3 Portable and Phantom Brave? Sure I could buy em as UMDs for collecting and buy them again on PSN, or I could be halfway smart and just buy em directly on PSN from the getgo. Decisions, decisions. :cry:

(Also, i would be much more okay with PSN downloads only if someone would get the fuck to putting Valkyrie Profile Lenneth on PSN. >=| )

[quote name='sadakou']^ This. Sony pretty much killed off UMD sales for the rest of 2011 with the NGP announcement. Even for collectors, backwards compatibility sometimes trumps physical media. It doesn't help that the 3DS is out in March.[/QUOTE]

wrong the thing will be so over priced it wont sell for at least the first year.... now they will be sticking the games on memory cards (Flash drives) so that mostly means places like Gamefly will not carry them for rent..

i will always keep my PSP due to the 40 + RPG games i have on it ....and im looking to buy at least 3 of them in the next 2 months

I'd be all over this... but with the PSP2 announcment, I honestly can't bring myself to buy any UMD games since they're basically going to be obsolete.

[quote name='slidecage']wrong the thing will be so over priced it wont sell for at least the first year.... now they will be sticking the games on memory cards (Flash drives) so that mostly means places like Gamefly will not carry them for rent..

i will always keep my PSP due to the 40 + RPG games i have on it ....and im looking to buy at least 3 of them in the next 2 months[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?
2m6s7xh.jpg

It's the same as a DS cart, which Gamefly rents out. I know you are angry about having to buy a new PSP in the future, but try to stay cool about it.

[quote name='Vinny']I'd be all over this... but with the PSP2 announcment, I honestly can't bring myself to buy any UMD games since they're basically going to be obsolete.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I'm happy people seem to be thinking this way or not. On one hand I hope this makes companies price their games lower so I can buy more, on the other hand I'm worried it might make some companies start releasing what's left of the PSP games as DD only titles. I'm not buying overpriced DD games. I'm just going to have to accept that the NGP is not backwards compatible as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Vinny']I'd be all over this... but with the PSP2 announcment, I honestly can't bring myself to buy any UMD games since they're basically going to be obsolete.[/QUOTE]

I honestly never understand how people make this leap. The PSP2/NGP probably won't even launch until November or so. That's eight months after this game is tentatively scheduled for release. Are you planning on throwing your PSP and all your UMDs away the day the PSP2 comes out?

[quote name='bojay1997'] Are you planning on throwing your PSP and all your UMDs away the day the PSP2 comes out?[/QUOTE]

No, but I'm sure a lot of people are planning on trading in the PSP1 to absorb some of the PSP2 price just like people are doing with their DS for the 3DS, with the only difference being the 3DS can still play all of the DS games.

People choosing to only buy DD versions of PSP games from this point forward is just a matter of trying to be prepared for the future. Actually, I'm sure many people will slowly buy back some of their UMD games in digital format over time as they slowly drop in price so that they can enjoy them on their new system without having to carry around and swap discs while listening to laser read noises.

[quote name='Brian9824']Is the code for lightning IN the game or is it included seperately[/QUOTE]

The code is in the game case on a small piece of paper. So you would still get it probably.

[quote name='bojay1997']I honestly never understand how people make this leap. The PSP2/NGP probably won't even launch until November or so. That's eight months after this game is tentatively scheduled for release. Are you planning on throwing your PSP and all your UMDs away the day the PSP2 comes out?[/QUOTE]
No, but many may be planning on selling/trading in their PSP and UMDs to be able to afford a NGP.

I'm definitely the same, backing off on physical UMDs for now. I do not plan on carrying around two portables when I want to play my library when the NGP comes out, I want it all in one. :cool:

bread's done
Back