Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) - $34.99 at Amazon

Awesome. If anyone in mildly interested in this game, get it at this price.

It's a bit hard (aggravating), but a very excellent game overall.

Sweet! Finally bit on this. Looking forward to it.

I'm kind of surprised they dropped to $35 after Newegg sold out (unless they're PMing another store?).

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='Altanis']Awesome. If anyone in mildly interested in this game, get it at this price.

It's a bit hard (aggravating), but a very excellent game overall.[/QUOTE]

I love that it can be difficult but still feel extremely fair. Every time you die, it is definitely your fault (although there is some trial and error gameplay to be found).

There are some absolutely brilliant sequences in this game.

Fantastic work by Retro.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Gahh... this or Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Help me, CAG'ers![/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about the Capcom game, but I can attest that DK Country is an excellent game. Looks great, has solid control, is challenging yet not artificially difficult, and has both a nostalgic and fresh feel to it. Can't go wrong for $35.

I'm happy for all y'all and ima let u finish but i wish it was still in stock at newegg.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Cheaper thru newegg.

No tax and no shipping thru newegg.[/QUOTE]

True for me as well, i live in washington.

[quote name='MDogg17']Thanks a lot OP. Applied the $20 Living Social Gift Card from a few weeks back so it was only $15.[/QUOTE]

Me too, although having paid $10 for the gift card, it's really more like $25.

This is the best 2d platformer I have played in years and I like the genre.

I implore people to buy this game new when they see deals like this so more of these games come from Retro.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Cheaper thru newegg.

No tax and no shipping thru newegg.[/QUOTE]

Also no shipping on amazon, no tax for most, and Newegg is out of stock...If you do get taxed on Amazon but not Newegg it's still kind of a moot point unless they get it back in stock at $35.

Anyone who is a fan of 2D Platformers and doesn't buy this at $35 is a fool (well, assuming they have a Wii).

I've put many hours into this game, and it's one of the best platformers I've played in years too. Nostalgic, but with enough fresh mechanics to make it feel new again, with tight controls great graphics pitch-perfect music and a pretty solid difficulty curve. I paid $40 and I feel like I got way more than I paid for.

Here's hoping for a sequel.

Worth noting that it's also trading in for over $30 right now. If you can get it and beat it in a reasonably short time you could potentially turn this around for only a few $ net.

My birthday is week from today, there's no way of knowing how long this sale will last, right?
At least someone tell me how long Amazon's PM sales last. A day, few days, a week?

[quote name='beaus27']My birthday is week from today, there's no way of knowing how long this sale will last, right?
At least someone tell me how long Amazon's PM sales last. A day, few days, a week?[/QUOTE]

Time is not the problem... the problem is that this deal will be Out of Stock pretty soon.

Great game, I bought it at launch and never regret it for a second. A great 2D platformer and worthy of being a DKC game that's for sure.

[quote name='plasmabeam']Still waiting for sub-$30[/QUOTE]

Me too. This would be $33 in a B2G1 deal, but it's hard to tell if this will drop quick like Metroid or sit at $50 forever and just go OOP.

[quote name='scottman']Me too. This would be $33 in a B2G1 deal, but it's hard to tell if this will drop quick like Metroid or sit at $50 forever and just go OOP.[/QUOTE]

do nintendo games go OOP? maybe not popular ones like mario kart or smash bros, but do you guys think super mario galaxy 1 or zelda are OOP? i know metroid trilogy is.

man i want to get this, but have been trying to cut down my video game spending..

Sweet. I just got this game for $0.

I had almost $100 in amazon credit at the moment. I wait for moments just like this to use my credits.

I bet the lowest price we see for 2011 will be $30-35, so $35 is a good price for me.

It's a very fun game. If you don't already own it, and you like platformers, you should be picking it up.

My *only* complaint with the game: Adding waggle. I hate the control scheme for this game. In fact, I was so put off with it (after a couple hours), that I was gonna shelve it.

Thankfully, if you have a
modded console
, you can find a code to use the Classic Controller.

Can anyone tell me if motion controls are in? I don't mind them for the most part but I've heard that rolling is a motion & honestly I believe that's moronic when it could've been a button instead.

Wii was a gift to me years ago so don't blame me when I'm not that enthusiastic about motion controls & prefer regular gamepads by far

[quote name='Rig']

My *only* complaint with the game: Adding waggle. I hate the control scheme for this game. In fact, I was so put off with it (after a couple hours), that I was gonna shelve it.

[/QUOTE]
And that is exactly why I am holding off until a $20 price point, if that even ever happens. I'm sure it is a great game but I get so sick of these developers shoehorning the stupid waggle in their games. I'm almost done with Golden eye and absolutely love it. I've been playing with the classic controller and it's been smooth as butter.

Great price, especially if you have Amazon credit. I paid $33 with the help of some credit and I think it was worth it then. Get it!

$47.99 and tiv dropped to $23.50; glad i broke and bought this yesterday before i went to bed.

so this only went on for a few hours in the evening till the early morning?

bread's done
Back