Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/30/11 to 2/5/11)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Well if it means anything to you, the Target ad is marketing the hell out of... Ricky Martin. :lol:

And Bob Marley. But the Target limited edition Ricky Martin stuff is funny.

So this is Target: Livin La Vida Loca Edition?

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#62 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

That video was horrible. This is better.

#63 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:39 AM

I am looking to pick up a 4gb 360 slim and a PS3 so I might bite on the $50 credit deal with the PS3 and then use the credit towards a PS3.

Only will save $20 with tax compared to buying them from amazon without any credit so I will have to think about it. I was hoping amazon would match the Gamestop deal this week but they didnt so maybe they will match this best buy deal.

#64 Lubis

Lubis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:04 AM

any dvd deals?

Nope, just some toys and baby stuff.

#65 MadB00tleg

MadB00tleg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

That video was horrible. This is better.

Man I havent heard this in AGES! I actually liked that song.. still do I guess lol
Posted Image

#66 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

Do you guys know if there are any TV ads for this super bowl week? Or where I might be able to get a hold of the ad for tomorrow? Prrrease?
Posted Image

#67 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

At around midnight pacific time stores will usually update their ad online.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#68 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

And they just did. Seems Target has a lot of TV deals this week.
Fight for the Lost

#69 tigstah

tigstah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

i bought my tv from hsn, dont laugh. 5 payments, no interest. free shipping.
had it about 6 days after i ordered it. tv was shipped inside of another box. no damage.

#70 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

I just checked their website to order a pink Dualshock 3. Only the black one shows on sale. Anybody been to the store to see if the other colors are on sale? It may be too early for them to be open yet, only 8am CST.

Edit: Amazon matched the $39.99 on the black official Sony DS3.

2nd Edit: I called Best Buy, they said the SKU in the ad matched the black controller only. The lady was super nice and checked the ad, agreed that the blue & red should be the same price but confirmed they were still $54.99 on the website. She typed something to what I guess would be a manager and got approval to sell the pink one to me for $39.99. So with free shipping (since I'm Premier Silver) plus tax it was $41.68. I did not have to argue with anybody. She did say she mentioned to the person she sent the request to that I was Premier Silver but I'm sure that had nothing to do with them honoring what their ad lead people to believe.

Edited by sdcranford, 30 January 2011 - 04:10 PM.

#71 Lkr721993

Lkr721993

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

those aren't bad prices on nhl and fifa. I might pick one of them up

#72 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Man I'm so desperate for M$ points I ALMOST bought one at full retail just to keep me going. This week's deal isn't great but I'll pick up 2 just to cover my arse. At least I know that these purchases will count towards getting another RZ cert so there's that too. Thanks OP.

#73 Outrun9

Outrun9

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

does Target charge tax for the 12 month xbox live?

#74 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

AMAZON matched the points card
http://www.amazon.co...96413889&sr=8-1

#75 Digital Idiot

Digital Idiot

User has been disabled.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

People may want to check online on BB.com when the points cards go on-sale, because they may be tax-free and ship-free

Gift cards should always be non taxable items, afaik, because you will be paying sales tax when you buy something with the GC. Online GCs fall under the same rules (generally).

#76 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

does Target charge tax for the 12 month xbox live?

No, they don't :D (At least not in Ohio anyway.)

I had a 25 dollar gift card left from Christmas, so I got a 12 month gold card for just 19 dollars xD

Definitely the best deal of the bunch this week.

#77 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

i don,t like ad, thanks for posting

Games My life..8.gif

#78 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

are you charged tax for the point card?

#79 dboy81

dboy81

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

I just checked their website to order a pink Dualshock 3. Only the black one shows on sale. Anybody been to the store to see if the other colors are on sale? It may be too early for them to be open yet, only 8am CST.

Edit: Amazon matched the $39.99 on the black official Sony DS3.

2nd Edit: I called Best Buy, they said the SKU in the ad matched the black controller only. The lady was super nice and checked the ad, agreed that the blue & red should be the same price but confirmed they were still $54.99 on the website. She typed something to what I guess would be a manager and got approval to sell the pink one to me for $39.99. So with free shipping (since I'm Premier Silver) plus tax it was $41.68. I did not have to argue with anybody. She did say she mentioned to the person she sent the request to that I was Premier Silver but I'm sure that had nothing to do with them honoring what their ad lead people to believe.

Same for me- went to customer service w/my Blue DS3 to ask since the display price was still $54.99. The CSR said since the ad shows the blue and red controllers as well, she would just override it.

#80 Tank36

Tank36

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

Any one else get coupons for Premier Silver Members? $25 gift card if $250 or more are spent. Any one think it would work with the PS3 deal, making it a $75 gift card?

#81 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

hmm is new vegas worth it? got to use a reward zone certificate by the 12th don't know what to get

#82 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Any one else get coupons for Premier Silver Members? $25 gift card if $250 or more are spent. Any one think it would work with the PS3 deal, making it a $75 gift card?

All of those coupons in the past have excluded Video Game hardware. I didn't look at the fine print on mine but I'm sure it still excludes it. If it doesn't I'm sure it says that's it's not valid with other offers.

#83 ryanmassacre

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

are you charged tax for the point card?

I just picked one up and was charged $17.99 so no tax on the card!!!!

#84 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

I just never understand why prices of sports games dont completely drop like a rock after the season is over. NCAA and Madden should drop to $20 or below after the season is over. I just cant imagine that many people actually pay this close to MSRP after the season. But I guess they do...

Matt is a bastard PS3 case hoarder and Stotch still thinks he is the CAG champ.

Wrencrest.png

#85 dork

dork

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

they havent done any giftcards recently have they

#86 Dreamweapon

Dreamweapon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:00 AM

Same for me- went to customer service w/my Blue DS3 to ask since the display price was still $54.99. The CSR said since the ad shows the blue and red controllers as well, she would just override it.

Ditto here with a white DS3 (last one in the Duluth store)--the $39.99 signs were next to the black, red and blue controllers, but not the white, silver or pink. I brought the white one up and it rang at $54.99, at which point I told the cashier the ad said $39.99, for any color, and that I wanted the white one b/c it reminded me of the Dreamcast controller. She laughed about that and dutifully went and checked, and agreed that the ad said as much, but there was a hang-up b/c of the stupid SKU issue until someone could come up and override with some "key flip" or whatever they called it. I took five minutes, but the cashier was cute and personable and I had fun flirting with her, so it was all good.

#87 shiftyfink

shiftyfink

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:06 AM

All of those coupons in the past have excluded Video Game hardware. I didn't look at the fine print on mine but I'm sure it still excludes it. If it doesn't I'm sure it says that's it's not valid with other offers.

I have the coupon and it DOES EXCLUDE video game software or hardware. Basically I think you would have to buy $250 worth of gum with the list of exclusions!:roll:

#88 koolhand nick

koolhand nick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

Sounds like a decent deal,although I don't like any of those games.The oinly sports game I have bought in a while was from Target.I bought UFC Undisputed there for $45 while all the other retail stores were charging close to 60.

#89 dboy81

dboy81

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:46 AM

Seems like a good day for BB customer service. Usually we see lots of "I hate Best Buy," "Wouldn't shop there if my life depended on it" rants. Personally I've never had a bad CS experience at Best Buy. I try to be courteous and reasonable and it usually ends up in a reasonable agreement.

#90 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

I just picked one up and was charged $17.99 so no tax on the card!!!!

What state are you in? Anyone know it theres tax in new york?