Photo
- - - - -

Eagle Eye PlayStation 3 Converter - Converts Mouse and Keyboard to PS3 Controller

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 PenguinUnited

PenguinUnited

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

Hi guys we are from penguin united. We released Eagle Eye Converter that lets you use/calibrate your mouse and keyboard to an accurate PS3 controller. Please check the link below for reviews and videos.

6 rating from official page

Eagle Eye Converter

43 review from Amazon page - 4 Star Average

Hopefully you guys find this promising.

#2 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

Where's the deal? You gotta hook us CAGer's up!

#3 spOOfy

spOOfy

Cheap Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

Any fellow CAGers have this device? I'd like some feedback on it.

#4 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:08 AM

This is a deal forum, not free advertising space.

#5 Maromi

Maromi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:21 AM

60 bucks seems kind of expensive for a converter...

#6 Fenlol

Fenlol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:04 AM

I have the EE for my ps3, its pretty much a controller emulator for the ps3, makes the ps3 think your mouse is the right analog and the keyboard is the controller, you can map buttons and stuff. the original firmware is complete trash and i would not suggest even using this without the firmware 2.0 update

#7 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:22 AM

This will make FPS game easier. atleast for me, i used to play them on PC

#8 PenguinUnited

PenguinUnited

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:27 AM

Hi Guys, Sorry I never formally introduced myself. This is Richard with Penguin United. Some of you may remember, years ago we joined together with CAG to make a CAG LOGO 24X DS gaming Pouch. That sold really well and I made a lot of friends on CAG whom I have kept in touch for the past years. Although I am not an active member of CAG, I will try my best to give back to this community that has helped me in the past.

I have been running Penguin United for the past 4 years, and really have been too busy to participate in the forum so I have not been active at all. I do try to participate in this community when I get reminded though, like I was invited to join on the [FONT="]Child's Play raffle and the CAG party at E3. [/FONT]

This is my new account, I lost the previous account login. [FONT="]
[/FONT]
I am just trying to get some feedback on this product - sorry about not posting a coupon.

Talking about coupons. Here is the coupon code!

Code: CAGSPECIAL
$12 off total for the Eagle Eye Converter.
This is for sale at Amazon for around $60 with free shipping, but its a better deal to use the code above and pay like $2.50 in shipping.

Eagle Eye Converter

I hope I can get reconnected here with some of the guys here. Anyone who owns EEC please feel free to speak up. I thought we did a pretty good job with this product, but any feedback is welcomed.

#9 Chickenmumbo

Chickenmumbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:51 AM

Whats the advantage using a keyboard and mouse over my ps3 controller?

#10 PenguinUnited

PenguinUnited

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

For one, the FPS were created on PC, and originally designed for mouse and keyboard. The whole target pointing sequence was created for the PC. So mouse and keyboard is the natural and better way to play. Its much quicker and easier to aim with a mouse, since you don't have to deal with managing how far you push you analog stick.

Now its great that they moved the FPS to a cheater free, lag free, and the standard hardware console platform, but they(Microsoft and Sony) didn't take the original control scheme along. So that is why we created an adapter for it. Although its only an adapter, there is a lot of software behind it to make the right analog stick act like the mouse. We also created a software where you can map your keys, calibrate your mouse in game, and sync it back to your pc and save it as presets ect. Check the videos we posted and the amazon ratings.

#11 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

Can you use the Move navigation controller with this so you retain analog movement? If not, can you use the Logitech G13 and use the control stick on that for analog movement? Otherwise, seems as though movement controlled by the left analog stick would essentially be a digital signal, it's essentially only on or off. If neither of these are possible, do you think you will or can add this feature in a future update?

#12 Mikey777

Mikey777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

Any fellow CAGers have this device? I'd like some feedback on it.

Youtube review. Seems to work well.

Also, one of the commenters mentions an open source solution which is currently being worked on - uses cheap Bluetooth dongles. Still buggy. Video at link.
http://diy-machine.b...h-tutorial.html

#13 Clownfyre

Clownfyre

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

I have the Eagle Eye Converter and I can say its pretty good. Its nice for people who are used to playing PC games. Its not going to exactly feel like PC but you will have the feel of it. The one I had bought was when there was no firmware with it and it worked great right out of the box. But now that it has firmware its much better and smoother. Some say its cheating, some say its not. Having used the product so far, I'm happy with it.

Sorry for the cussing, my cousin goes crazy when he plays games.

#14 toastmasta

toastmasta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

This will not turn your PS3 into a PC gaming platform, it just doesn't translate. The gaming on PS3 will feel like mouse acceleration is turned on like a PC game. Because mouse sensitivity is specific to a PC and the sensitiving on a dualshock is based on pressure and longitivity of holding the analog, it just doesn't end up being fluid, a good attempt, but still not perfect like they make it out to be.

Check this review of the product to for more info:
http://www.amazon.co...#R3534YTK3259PZ

#15 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

I have this converter and I use it to play COD:MW2 because I suck at FPS games when I use a controller. Overall it works very well but you definitely need the latest firmware. It's not exactly like playing on a PC but its as close as you're gonna get using a ps3. I don't notice any lag, either.

It's worth it if you play lots of FPS games and prefer a keyboard/mouse setup. I use a saitek eclipse keyboard and saitek gm3200 mouse and they both work fine with the Eagle Eye.

#16 Ribkage

Ribkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

I have this product and I will say it works great... kinda. I dont know what everyones settings are but in Black Ops it feels pretty close to using a pc.

The biggest issue with this thing is imo is that if you dont want to use a logitech mouse with it you may as well not even bother getting it. I use a Razer Death Adder 3500 and the 2 side buttons dont work with the Eagle Eye converter. I posted on their troubleshooting forums and got no help at all. No one even made a real attempt to help. Not to mention the mouse is on the list of compatible mice... yet isnt compatible.
Im not only a cheap ass gamer. Im a cheap ass mutha fucka!

#17 gamegirl79

gamegirl79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

The biggest issue with this thing is imo is that if you dont want to use a logitech mouse with it you may as well not even bother getting it. I use a Razer Death Adder 3500 and the 2 side buttons dont work with the Eagle Eye converter.

Are you using the 2.0 firmware? I'm using a Saitek mouse (which isn't even on the list of compatible mice I don't think) and both of the side buttons work fine.
Posted Image

#18 Ribkage

Ribkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

Are you using the 2.0 firmware? I'm using a Saitek mouse (which isn't even on the list of compatible mice I don't think) and both of the side buttons work fine.

Yeah, I have fully updated firmware for both the eagle eye and death adder 3500. The 2.0 EE firmware is what made me finally buy it.
Im not only a cheap ass gamer. Im a cheap ass mutha fucka!

#19 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hi guys we are from penguin united. We released Eagle Eye Converter that lets you use/calibrate your mouse and keyboard to an accurate PS3 controller. Please check the link below for reviews and videos.

6 rating from official page

Eagle Eye Converter

43 review from Amazon page - 4 Star Average

Hopefully you guys find this promising.

Will this version be firmware upgradeable to work with the Xbox 360 that you are releasing in a few months or will that be a separate unit?

#20 Clownfyre

Clownfyre

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

There's going to be a separate unit for Xbox 360. If you guys want a demo of a game I can do it for you guys if you want.

#21 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

You will not feel the same way with this as you would feel on PC FPS games.
How core analog sticks and mouse movements are implemented in FPS games are very different.

If you want to see how this would feel on your PS3, take any of newer Source Engine powered FPS games from Valve and turn on Joystick or Analog control on the option panel.
You might be able to see how it would feel, just a little worse in the actual experience.

P.S. Half-Life: Lost Coast is free on Steam, so in case for some weird reason you don't own any of newer Valve's FPS games, you could try with that.
whitespace

#22 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

I still look at this as cheating (when used in multiplayer), I had to get used to playing (FPSs) with a controller just like everyone else that played/plays on pc. Bottom line is these types of things give you an unfair advantage over other people using the standard hardware. That's just my 2 cents.

#23 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

Anyone with the EE know if you can use the Move navigation controller or G13 with this to retain analog movement?

#24 Clownfyre

Clownfyre

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Yes, I know some people think of using the device is cheating but at the same time it isn't. It's not always going to give you an advantage because it's not exactly going to be fluid and smooth as the same being on a PC, it just emulates the movement but sometimes has a staircase effect but it can be fixed through the adjustments. As for the Move controller, I'm not sure if it will be able to use it (most likely not but someone can try). G13 as in the keyboard? I've tried 2 of my keyboards that light up and they use too much power, you may have to use a different keyboard or get and extra adapter to give it more power to the USB. My G15 and Razer Tarantula don't power up so I just use a generic USB keyboard which works just fine. Keyboards don't have much effect when playing but the mouse will. I use a Razer Death Adder, one of the older ones, I think the DPI is 1800 max? There's a list on their site that shows which mice don't work.

#25 PenguinUnited

PenguinUnited

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

Anyone with the EE know if you can use the Move navigation controller or G13 with this to retain analog movement?

No it cannot, but that is actually we are working on. The problem is that the Move nav controller is a wireless device and it may get some of the information from the actual Move controller, so it may not be possible. We are working on it as a possibility.

#26 PenguinUnited

PenguinUnited

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

Oh nevermind I see the analog stick on the keyboard. Unless G13's analog stick outputs a standard Human interface device data, it probably won't work.

#27 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:33 AM

You will not feel the same way with this as you would feel on PC FPS games.
How core analog sticks and mouse movements are implemented in FPS games are very different.

This. Although I'm sure things are a bit different, I went through this on the first xbox with Halo. All my friends wanted me to play, but the control pad was very frustrating after playing FPS on PC with mouse & keyboard.

So, I bought this adapter that let me use a mouse and keyboard. Only it still didn't feel right because the game was made for analog input. I was still getting rolled by people using control pad. I gave up and went back to PC gaming.

Enter xbox 360. Once again I was being pressured to play (CoD this time) by friends at work. Everyone I know has a 360, very few have a gaming computer.. so I forced myself to learn to play a FPS on a pad. It took a very long time, but I finally got it down. I did the majority of my learning in CoD:WaW and ended my career with a horrible K/D ratio. When MW2 hit, I had it down and did quite well.

Long story short; you are probably better off just learning the pad, painful as it may be. Now, what I would recommend is dropping some cash on a FPS Freek for the right stick. Those things are worth every penny.
Posted Image

#28 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

I'd buy one for the 360 just because most the shooters I play are on 360. Definitely let the CAG community know if you ever come out with a 360 model adapter.

I used the mouse/keyboard for about 5 years and then switched to the xbox controller for the last 4 years.

It would take me a while to get used to keyboard/mouse again, but I'd give it a try for $48+ $2.50 shipping (for the xbox 360 though). :-)

The 360 has a huge install base, but I can imagine it would be a lot harder to develop an adapter for the 360.

#29 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Oh nevermind I see the analog stick on the keyboard. Unless G13's analog stick outputs a standard Human interface device data, it probably won't work.

I think the g13 analog stick is recognized as a HID Compliant Game Controller in the device manager. Not sure if that is what you mean.

#30 KansasFF

KansasFF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

I personally won't do it ( consider it like modding an xbox controller ) but its pretty neat. I play FPS on the console for the most even playing field (everyone has the same hardware, and controlling tech).

Joe