Eagle Eye PlayStation 3 Converter - Converts Mouse and Keyboard to PS3 Controller

PenguinUnited

CAG Veteran
Hi guys we are from penguin united. We released Eagle Eye Converter that lets you use/calibrate your mouse and keyboard to an accurate PS3 controller. Please check the link below for reviews and videos.

6 rating from official page

Eagle Eye Converter

43 review from Amazon page - 4 Star Average

Hopefully you guys find this promising.

I have the EE for my ps3, its pretty much a controller emulator for the ps3, makes the ps3 think your mouse is the right analog and the keyboard is the controller, you can map buttons and stuff. the original firmware is complete trash and i would not suggest even using this without the firmware 2.0 update

Hi Guys, Sorry I never formally introduced myself. This is Richard with Penguin United. Some of you may remember, years ago we joined together with CAG to make a CAG LOGO 24X DS gaming Pouch. That sold really well and I made a lot of friends on CAG whom I have kept in touch for the past years. Although I am not an active member of CAG, I will try my best to give back to this community that has helped me in the past.

I have been running Penguin United for the past 4 years, and really have been too busy to participate in the forum so I have not been active at all. I do try to participate in this community when I get reminded though, like I was invited to join on the [FONT=&quot]Child's Play raffle and the CAG party at E3. [/FONT]

This is my new account, I lost the previous account login. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
I am just trying to get some feedback on this product - sorry about not posting a coupon.

Talking about coupons. Here is the coupon code!

Code: CAGSPECIAL
$12 off total for the Eagle Eye Converter.
This is for sale at Amazon for around $60 with free shipping, but its a better deal to use the code above and pay like $2.50 in shipping.

Eagle Eye Converter

I hope I can get reconnected here with some of the guys here. Anyone who owns EEC please feel free to speak up. I thought we did a pretty good job with this product, but any feedback is welcomed.

For one, the FPS were created on PC, and originally designed for mouse and keyboard. The whole target pointing sequence was created for the PC. So mouse and keyboard is the natural and better way to play. Its much quicker and easier to aim with a mouse, since you don't have to deal with managing how far you push you analog stick.

Now its great that they moved the FPS to a cheater free, lag free, and the standard hardware console platform, but they(Microsoft and Sony) didn't take the original control scheme along. So that is why we created an adapter for it. Although its only an adapter, there is a lot of software behind it to make the right analog stick act like the mouse. We also created a software where you can map your keys, calibrate your mouse in game, and sync it back to your pc and save it as presets ect. Check the videos we posted and the amazon ratings.

Can you use the Move navigation controller with this so you retain analog movement? If not, can you use the Logitech G13 and use the control stick on that for analog movement? Otherwise, seems as though movement controlled by the left analog stick would essentially be a digital signal, it's essentially only on or off. If neither of these are possible, do you think you will or can add this feature in a future update?

I have the Eagle Eye Converter and I can say its pretty good. Its nice for people who are used to playing PC games. Its not going to exactly feel like PC but you will have the feel of it. The one I had bought was when there was no firmware with it and it worked great right out of the box. But now that it has firmware its much better and smoother. Some say its cheating, some say its not. Having used the product so far, I'm happy with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n67hMaE7Jo4
Sorry for the cussing, my cousin goes crazy when he plays games.

This will not turn your PS3 into a PC gaming platform, it just doesn't translate. The gaming on PS3 will feel like mouse acceleration is turned on like a PC game. Because mouse sensitivity is specific to a PC and the sensitiving on a dualshock is based on pressure and longitivity of holding the analog, it just doesn't end up being fluid, a good attempt, but still not perfect like they make it out to be.

Check this review of the product to for more info:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3534YTK3259PZ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3534YTK3259PZ

I have this converter and I use it to play COD:MW2 because I suck at FPS games when I use a controller. Overall it works very well but you definitely need the latest firmware. It's not exactly like playing on a PC but its as close as you're gonna get using a ps3. I don't notice any lag, either.

It's worth it if you play lots of FPS games and prefer a keyboard/mouse setup. I use a saitek eclipse keyboard and saitek gm3200 mouse and they both work fine with the Eagle Eye.

I have this product and I will say it works great... kinda. I dont know what everyones settings are but in Black Ops it feels pretty close to using a pc.

The biggest issue with this thing is imo is that if you dont want to use a logitech mouse with it you may as well not even bother getting it. I use a Razer Death Adder 3500 and the 2 side buttons dont work with the Eagle Eye converter. I posted on their troubleshooting forums and got no help at all. No one even made a real attempt to help. Not to mention the mouse is on the list of compatible mice... yet isnt compatible.

[quote name='Ribkage']The biggest issue with this thing is imo is that if you dont want to use a logitech mouse with it you may as well not even bother getting it. I use a Razer Death Adder 3500 and the 2 side buttons dont work with the Eagle Eye converter.[/QUOTE]

Are you using the 2.0 firmware? I'm using a Saitek mouse (which isn't even on the list of compatible mice I don't think) and both of the side buttons work fine.

[quote name='gamegirl79']Are you using the 2.0 firmware? I'm using a Saitek mouse (which isn't even on the list of compatible mice I don't think) and both of the side buttons work fine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have fully updated firmware for both the eagle eye and death adder 3500. The 2.0 EE firmware is what made me finally buy it.

[quote name='PenguinUnited']Hi guys we are from penguin united. We released Eagle Eye Converter that lets you use/calibrate your mouse and keyboard to an accurate PS3 controller. Please check the link below for reviews and videos.

6 rating from official page

Eagle Eye Converter

43 review from Amazon page - 4 Star Average

Hopefully you guys find this promising.[/QUOTE]

Will this version be firmware upgradeable to work with the Xbox 360 that you are releasing in a few months or will that be a separate unit?

You will not feel the same way with this as you would feel on PC FPS games.
How core analog sticks and mouse movements implemented are very different.

If you want to see how this would feel on your PS3, take any of newer Source Engine powered FPS games from Valve and turn on Joystick or Analog control on the option panel.
You might be able to see how it would feel, just a little worse in the actual experience.

P.S. Half-Life: Lost Coast is free on Steam, so in case for some weird reason you don't own any of newer Valve's FPS games, you could try with that.

There's going to be a separate unit for Xbox 360. If you guys want a demo of a game I can do it for you guys if you want.

You will not feel the same way with this as you would feel on PC FPS games.
How core analog sticks and mouse movements are implemented in FPS games are very different.

If you want to see how this would feel on your PS3, take any of newer Source Engine powered FPS games from Valve and turn on Joystick or Analog control on the option panel.
You might be able to see how it would feel, just a little worse in the actual experience.

P.S. Half-Life: Lost Coast is free on Steam, so in case for some weird reason you don't own any of newer Valve's FPS games, you could try with that.

I still look at this as cheating (when used in multiplayer), I had to get used to playing (FPSs) with a controller just like everyone else that played/plays on pc. Bottom line is these types of things give you an unfair advantage over other people using the standard hardware. That's just my 2 cents.

Anyone with the EE know if you can use the Move navigation controller or G13 with this to retain analog movement?

Yes, I know some people think of using the device is cheating but at the same time it isn't. It's not always going to give you an advantage because it's not exactly going to be fluid and smooth as the same being on a PC, it just emulates the movement but sometimes has a staircase effect but it can be fixed through the adjustments. As for the Move controller, I'm not sure if it will be able to use it (most likely not but someone can try). G13 as in the keyboard? I've tried 2 of my keyboards that light up and they use too much power, you may have to use a different keyboard or get and extra adapter to give it more power to the USB. My G15 and Razer Tarantula don't power up so I just use a generic USB keyboard which works just fine. Keyboards don't have much effect when playing but the mouse will. I use a Razer Death Adder, one of the older ones, I think the DPI is 1800 max? There's a list on their site that shows which mice don't work.

[quote name='mkivsuptt']Anyone with the EE know if you can use the Move navigation controller or G13 with this to retain analog movement?[/QUOTE]

No it cannot, but that is actually we are working on. The problem is that the Move nav controller is a wireless device and it may get some of the information from the actual Move controller, so it may not be possible. We are working on it as a possibility.

Oh nevermind I see the analog stick on the keyboard. Unless G13's analog stick outputs a standard Human interface device data, it probably won't work.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']You will not feel the same way with this as you would feel on PC FPS games.
How core analog sticks and mouse movements are implemented in FPS games are very different.
[/QUOTE]

This. Although I'm sure things are a bit different, I went through this on the first xbox with Halo. All my friends wanted me to play, but the control pad was very frustrating after playing FPS on PC with mouse & keyboard.

So, I bought this adapter that let me use a mouse and keyboard. Only it still didn't feel right because the game was made for analog input. I was still getting rolled by people using control pad. I gave up and went back to PC gaming.

Enter xbox 360. Once again I was being pressured to play (CoD this time) by friends at work. Everyone I know has a 360, very few have a gaming computer.. so I forced myself to learn to play a FPS on a pad. It took a very long time, but I finally got it down. I did the majority of my learning in CoD:WaW and ended my career with a horrible K/D ratio. When MW2 hit, I had it down and did quite well.

Long story short; you are probably better off just learning the pad, painful as it may be. Now, what I would recommend is dropping some cash on a FPS Freek for the right stick. Those things are worth every penny.

I'd buy one for the 360 just because most the shooters I play are on 360. Definitely let the CAG community know if you ever come out with a 360 model adapter.

I used the mouse/keyboard for about 5 years and then switched to the xbox controller for the last 4 years.

It would take me a while to get used to keyboard/mouse again, but I'd give it a try for $48+ $2.50 shipping (for the xbox 360 though). :)

The 360 has a huge install base, but I can imagine it would be a lot harder to develop an adapter for the 360.

[quote name='PenguinUnited']Oh nevermind I see the analog stick on the keyboard. Unless G13's analog stick outputs a standard Human interface device data, it probably won't work.[/QUOTE]

I think the g13 analog stick is recognized as a HID Compliant Game Controller in the device manager. Not sure if that is what you mean.

I personally won't do it ( consider it like modding an xbox controller ) but its pretty neat. I play FPS on the console for the most even playing field (everyone has the same hardware, and controlling tech).

Joe

[quote name='Chickenmumbo']Whats the advantage using a keyboard and mouse over my ps3 controller?[/QUOTE]

Everything.

To Eagle Eye owners: how is DIAGONAL aiming? Is it accurate/PC-like?

I'm personally waiting for the XIM3 . It's made for the 360 -- and perhaps moddable for the PS3. From what I read, it's due out very soon.

...And NO, I don't work/own stock in that company (unlike the OP for this thread).

Re: 'cheating'. I don't look at it as cheating. If you REALLY wish for an even playing field then EVERYONE must use the RCA connections with their consoles and play on an analog TV with 2.0 sound and a dialup internet connection. Using ANYTHING else is just optimizing your playing experience.
A mouse/keyboard is just an alternative controller, IMO that helps those used to m/k. Does someone using the new silver 360 controller with 'enhanced D-pad' have an unfair advantage over those with the old controller? I don't think so. It just adds to their comfort level with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the return policy for the Eagle Eye, in case the 'pretty good job' you did isn't quite up to expectations?

See, I've been down this keyboard and mouse adapter road a few times.
SmartJoy Frag, MaxShooter, XFPS Sniper Pro, etc.
They all have the same problem - a general blanket approach to games that need a unique solution to their look mechanics - deadzone size, deadzone shape, translation exponent, diagonal dampening, smoothness, x/y ratio, acceleration issues, etc.

Does the Eagle Eye adapter address these issues? If so how? Can the firmware in the EE be updated, or will we have to buy a new unit every other year? (aka XFPS.)

From my experience with these adapters, the only adapter I've found that is TRULY almost PC-like, are the XIM adapters. The about-to-be-released XIM3 looks amazing, judging from all the competitive footage and info vids that have been recently put out.

Thanks for the coupon.

You get what you pay for. Eagle Eye, cheap. Only OK with one or two games.

Xim 2 may have been on the expansive side, not very versatile, and somewhat buggy but it let you modify configs which let you emulate a PC feel much better than anything on the market.

Xim 3 fixes everything that was wrong with Xim 2. And provides the option for translators, called Smart translators, that are the most optimal at emulating a PC feel you will get from these devices. So far only the most popular games have Smart translators but the list will grow. That's in addition to the regular translators that you can edit and modify yourself for each individual game.

You have got to be kiddin me......get real...I have spent enough of my hard earned cash on crap... stop pushing crap on the gullible masses. These half assed attempts at emulating kb.m suck fullstop...There are viable alternatives which I wont go into...google is your friend...starts with X :p

Im going to make a youtube vid soon taking a hammer to an Xscortch as proof that I wasted £70 on a lie!

I have Eagle Eye Converter, FragFX and Fragnstein/Scorch wathever you call it. So I´m in a good position to talk.

Let me tell you that none of those adapters are good. It´s all about marketing. They simply emulate an right analog stick in a mouse but it´s not accurate at all even configuring dead zones and stuff. I end up fighting with my mouse playing online rather than killing people. I don´t trust my aim with those products, because sometimes it will jaggle or skip frames and I got killed.

My advice is that don´t waste money on those. The last and final one I bought is called XIM 1 (xim3.com) and this is the only one that gave me a PC feeling playing my PS3. I hesitated a lot before buying it because I felt robbed by eagle eye and other converters, but this one made it. The only downside is that as it uses PC windows acceleration you must have your pc turned on to play, but that´s worth it and I guess in XIM3 (wich is almost out) you don´t need a PC.

So just follow the advice from someone who burnt money in a lot of junk until find the only good product that does what advertises. In my experience, and I´m not a kind of geek, other converters emulation and translation are MILES away from XIM one. Much work to do.

Cheers from Portugal

Very strange thread.

First a straight up advertisement for a product, which was later rectified by including a deal. I'm fine with self-promotion as long as there is a worthy deal in it (

Ok i have frag FX V1, Fragnstein, and a eagle eye. they all need alot of tweaking to get it right feel to it (even then they dont feel right). They all try to emulate a analog stick and it took me a long to get used to have played pc fps shooters for life (the only reason i the ones on the consoles is work related).

STICK to the PC,
if you must play on a shooter on a console the eagle eye is the way to go, even then i would still would pick up the PC version

[quote name='Animefalcon']Ok i have frag FX V1, Fragnstein, and a eagle eye. they all need alot of tweaking to get it right feel to it (even then they dont feel right). They all try to emulate a analog stick and it took me a long to get used to have played pc fps shooters for life (the only reason i the ones on the consoles is work related).

STICK to the PC,
if you must play on a shooter on a console the eagle eye is the way to go, even then i would still would pick up the PC version[/QUOTE]

Even ignoring the cost issue, there often isn't an option.

Hell, I'd even re-buy console games I've beat like MGS4 and Uncharted 2 if they released it on PC. Playing with a mouse makes it feel like a completely different experiences with since it controls so much better.

PC gaming is in a pretty poor state, and even if it does get games, they are sometimes unoptimized shoddy ports.

[quote name='Antipodes']Even ignoring the cost issue, there often isn't an option.

Hell, I'd even re-buy console games I've beat like MGS4 and Uncharted 2 if they released it on PC. Playing with a mouse makes it feel like a completely different experiences with since it controls so much better.

PC gaming is in a pretty poor state, and even if it does get games, they are sometimes unoptimized shoddy ports.[/QUOTE]
you dont want to know how many games i have rebought on the pc, from this gen. It was a chore to play some of these top FPS/3rd person shooters on a console (hell it took about twice as long as the intended play time cause i cant aim to save my life on a gamepad)

At least capcom does them right even tho they got off on a wrong foot Lost planet 1 (poor port) but they got around to fixing it with a better porter LP:colonies edition.

At least capcom does them right

I played the PC version of Resident Evil 4 after the GC version. It didn't even support mouselook. I was kind of frustrated, but on the other hand the game would be entirely too easy if you had mouselook.

As a matter of fact, that makes me wonder if they dramatically change the difficulty of multi-platform games like Call of Duty to account for the inferior control scheme on consoles.

I know that'll tick someone off who's a big console FPS fan (to be fair, it does largely depend on which control set you started on), but the proof is in the stats. Even adapted controls like this Eagle Eye system which don't fully emulate PC controls regularly top the leaderboards in console games.

[quote name='Esoteria']I played the PC version of Resident Evil 4 after the GC version. It didn't even support mouselook. I was kind of frustrated, but on the other hand the game would be entirely too easy if you had mouselook.

As a matter of fact, that makes me wonder if they dramatically change the difficulty of multi-platform games like Call of Duty to account for the inferior control scheme on consoles.

I know that'll tick someone off who's a big console FPS fan (to be fair, it does largely depend on which control set you started on), but the proof is in the stats. Even adapted controls like this Eagle Eye system which don't fully emulate PC controls regularly top the leaderboards in console games.[/QUOTE]
you do know capcom didnt do that port it was Ubisoft

[quote name='Antipodes']Very strange thread.

First a straight up advertisement for a product, which was later rectified by including a deal. I'm fine with self-promotion as long as there is a worthy deal in it (

So I am attempting to order this (and hopefully it's a smart choice) but I am having problems with the website. Is anyone else experiencing any of these?

- Cannot check shipping because the link does not work
- Cannot create an account because the box to select State is missing
- Cannot use the quick checkout because it brings me back to same page

If the website is acting like this, I hope it's not an indicator as to how the product is going to work. Most of the youtube reviews look pretty solid, so I am hoping for the best I would really like to use the code that was posted, otherwise I'll just purchase off eBay/Amazon.

[quote name='Duetschbag']So I am attempting to order this (and hopefully it's a smart choice) but I am having problems with the website. Is anyone else experiencing any of these?

- Cannot check shipping because the link does not work
- Cannot create an account because the box to select State is missing
- Cannot use the quick checkout because it brings me back to same page

If the website is acting like this, I hope it's not an indicator as to how the product is going to work. Most of the youtube reviews look pretty solid, so I am hoping for the best I would really like to use the code that was posted, otherwise I'll just purchase off eBay/Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same issue here as well. I was absolutely ready to purchase this product but after issues with the Penguin United checkout process I gave up.

Doesn't work for me at all.

bread's done
Back