The Kings Of Wrestling Reign Supreme Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
497 replies to this topic

#481 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

So, we were discussing crowd reactions a few weeks back. The crowd response to this is incredible - two absolute *nobodies* joining up. That's something to behold.

To be fair, however, the crowd did go wild for Santino's revival at the end of the 2011 Royal Rumble. That may be an apples->oranges comparison, however, as this was another episode of Raw, whereas Santino's pop was related to him being a potential Royal Rumble winner.

What do you think?
Posted Image

#482 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

Here is the updated card for the Ring of Honor "9th Anniversary Show" iPPV that happens on Feb 26.

Although the Briscoes vs. The WGTT is the biggest thing on the card, I'm really looking forward to seeing Christopher Daniels go up against Eddie Edwards. I mean they're basically devoting 1/6 of the the show to these guys. Hopefully we get an exciting match out of it.

16 Days To Go!

ROH World Title Match
Roderick Strong with Truth Martini defends vs. Homicide

World Tag Team Title Match
The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) with Shane Hagadorn defend vs. The All Night Express

World TV Title Match- 2/3 Falls with a 30 Minute Time Limit
Christopher Daniels defends vs. Eddie Edwards

First Time Ever- Dream Tag Team Match
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas

Special Attraction
Colt Cabana vs. Davey Richards

Also scheduled to appear:
- El Generico
- “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett
- Kyle O’ Reilly
- Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
- Steve Corino

Looks really solid, I might check it out, how much will it cost and were do I go to order it?

#483 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

I had no idea whatsoever that Glenn Jacobs ever set foot in WCW.

What's extra weird is he's using an alias that Mantaur used.
Posted Image

#484 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

I had no idea whatsoever that Glenn Jacobs ever set foot in WCW.

That looks like someone put a bad wig on Kane.

#485 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

What's extra weird is he's using an alias that Mantaur used.

Yeah I thought that was odd myself when I saw it some time back

#486 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

So Wrestlecrap did their first ever pre-debut induction, and it's for The Chaperone. Do yourselves a favor and read it. I was in stitches:

http://wrestlecrap.c...induction1.html

#487 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

I'm not a parent, so it doesn't come across as offensive to me, it comes off as fucking ridiculous. Like the blowoff match is going to be the Jarrett/Angle kids on a pole match. Maybe it's b/c I study the legal system that I can't buy into a feud centering around legal custody of the kids.

Maybe Russo will swerve us all and Angle will flop for the loss because he didn't want his kids anyway.

There are plenty of things outside the realm of reality in pro wrestling - but those angles shouldn't be rooted in reality (legal issues, marital issues, custody battles, real-life divorces and marriages) themselves.

That's why I never liked motorcycle Undertaker - I don't want to know he's a dude with a wife (let alone a wife who can beat DDP) who lives in a house in Texas. He's the fucking Undertaker; I don't want to picture him paying his mortgage, or renewing his driver's license. I don't want him to be a "real person," I want him to be the fucking Undertaker.

Same thing here. Custody is being decided in a wrestling match? Now, if it was fighting for the honor of the kids, sure, it's tasteless, but I could roll with it. Custody, on the other hand, is fuckin' stupid.

EDIT: Take a reality-based angle. Scott Hall's a drunk, or Lita's a whore, or whatever. Now take a legal issue or personal issue and make it a match stipulation - that's how stupid it is. "If Scott Hall loses, he has to go to jail for six months!" or "If Matt Hardy wins, Lita has to feed him grapes for thirty days!" It's fuckin' ridiculous.

I literally heard the setup for that match and changed the channel. I also regret buying tickets for this shit if that is what I get to see. Fucking terrible. I fully plan on shitting on this show if that is what we see.

Posted Image

#488 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Looks really solid, I might check it out, how much will it cost and were do I go to order it?

gofightlive.tv

It's $15 and easily worth it. I've bought 3 of the ROH iPPV's and enjoyed all of them. ROH's production quality is bare bones to say the least but the matches are why you're watching and they always deliver.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#489 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

I literally heard the setup for that match and changed the channel. I also regret buying tickets for this shit if that is what I get to see. Fucking terrible. I fully plan on shitting on this show if that is what we see.

see also: Ric Flair in the asylum (featuring a few Scott Hall cameos).
Posted Image

#490 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

jim rome ripping on micheal cole

#491 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

jim rome ripping on micheal cole

Did this happen today? I keep missing good shit. I don't get the last hour and I missed the other day when he brought up something with Mason Storm.

Hogan has to love how often he uses "brother!"

Posted Image

#492 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Did this happen today? I keep missing good shit. I don't get the last hour and I missed the other day when he brought up something with Mason Storm.

Hogan has to love how often he uses "brother!"

they were playing the audio from smackdown and rome was letting cole have it for sounding so surprised about the referee in the match. shouldnt be too hard to figure out who bc you know, sd is in green bay this week

#493 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

So, we were discussing crowd reactions a few weeks back. The crowd response to this is incredible - two absolute *nobodies* joining up. That's something to behold.

To be even more fair, these guys weren't exactly *nobodies* in the story lines. At that time, Billy Gunn still had some popularity from the Smoking Gunns days, and Road Dogg still had some buzz from being that guy who actually sang Jeff Jarrett's theme song.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#494 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

To be even more fair, these guys weren't exactly *nobodies* in the story lines. At that time, Billy Gunn still had some popularity from the Smoking Gunns days, and Road Dogg still had some buzz from being that guy who actually sang Jeff Jarrett's theme song.

I'm going to disagree. Farooq and Bradshaw were thrown together at first, and Farooq had been a big part of the WWF during the NOD stuff - but at the time they first paired up those two, both had spent a good period of time doing absolutely nothing.

When I say "nobodies," I mean that in the time frame when they formed the tag team. I mean that in the sense that nobody in any crowd at the time would have said "oh, did you notice Rockabilly wasn't on the show tonight? That really sucks."

Pointing out Jesse James' background as "The Roadie" more emphasizes my point than diminishes it.
Posted Image

#495 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

We're at 500, so those of you who called the next thread or whatever should go ahead and put one up

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#496 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

"Die, Michael Cole, die!" wrestling topic?

Nah, he's not worth the effort.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#497 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

Has anyone else tried out my WCW themes in-game yet? I just tried Raven and DDP and they were pretty perfect in terms of hearing the ring announcer over them. I should test out theme volume in-game before uploading them. I really wish they'd release the DLC for the 360.. I'm guessing it'll come next week.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#498 niceguyshawne

niceguyshawne

Hardcore since '74

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

How about the Ray Bradstone Wrestling Topic?
Posted Image