SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
404 replies to this topic

#241 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'd buy that Sucker Punch SB right now if I hadn't already paid $18 for the movie. It's awesome and the soundtrack included is a nice bonus.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#242 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

Anyone find a deathly hallows part 2 steelbook anywhere? I though these would be all over the place after part 1 had one in almost every region.

#243 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:56 AM

Anyone find a deathly hallows part 2 steelbook anywhere? I though these would be all over the place after part 1 had one in almost every region.

www.amazon.fr/Harry-Potter-reliques-mort-partie/dp/B005JRHBA6/ref

www.amazon.de/Harry-Potter-Heiligtümer-Todes-Amazon/dp/B005HGXSFG/ref

www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-future-shop-exclusive-steelbook-2011-blu-ray-blu-ray-dvd-digital-copy/m2191817.aspx

#244 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-future-shop-exclusive-steelbook-2011-blu-ray-blu-ray-dvd-digital-copy/m2191817.aspx

I want to say i got part 1 from amazon.co.uk, hopefully they will do a part 2 to match it.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#245 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

i don't know. no difference between them. my copy wasn't a reprint. just buy them now and discuss it later, seriously.

Well my WBShop order of "Sucker Punch" steelbook arrived. Apparently WB feels it is alright to charge $60 for this and also feels it is okay to throw them in a bubble mailer.

I got three orders (i'm hoping on getting rid of two to offset the one I keep) and they were all thrown in a bubble mailer. I've looked them over and the shrink wrap has no tears and I can't see any damages to the cases themselves however on the back of every single steelbook their is an obvious small bump underneath the insert near the middle of the case. I'm hoping because of the location being nearly the same on all three cases that it is "normal" (fingers crossed) and just feels different because it is where the discs are pressed againt the inside back cover so their is a difference in density.

Who knows though. I figured $180 spent over three discs would have at least resulted in shipping in a small box.

#246 Taco5

Taco5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

You were lucky! I just had to return the 2 I ordered. They looked like someone used them for target practice. I was totally blown away about the bubble mailer. Who the hell would ship steelbooks in a bubble mailer? And via UPS to boot? WBShop would!
What's the matter kid, don't you like clowns? Aren't we fuckin' funny?

#247 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

You were lucky! I just had to return the 2 I ordered. They looked like someone used them for target practice. I was totally blown away about the bubble mailer. Who the hell would ship steelbooks in a bubble mailer? And via UPS to boot? WBShop would!

For future reference how are they with returns? Did you have to fight with them at all?

#248 Taco5

Taco5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

For future reference how are they with returns? Did you have to fight with them at all?

This will be my first time returning anything to WBShop but CS was very cooperative and professional. Even she could not understand why they would ship something easily damaged in a bubble envelope!

Someone in another forum said that they told them to just throw away the damaged item and they would just send a new one.
What's the matter kid, don't you like clowns? Aren't we fuckin' funny?

#249 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

This is going to be a real letdown if Best Buy or FYE doesnt have a U.S. release of Harry Potter 7: Part 2 in steelbook. Since FYE had it for Part 1 and Best Buy has had 3 steelbooks over the last month (Fast Five, Green Lantern and Jurassic Park). WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE IT!

#250 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

This is going to be a real letdown if Best Buy or FYE doesnt have a U.S. release of Harry Potter 7: Part 2 in steelbook. Since FYE had it for Part 1 and Best Buy has had 3 steelbooks over the last month (Fast Five, Green Lantern and Jurassic Park). WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HAVE IT!

Don't forget Wal-Mart had 7 steelbooks from last year (Battle of LA & Resident Evil 1-5 + Degeneration).

#251 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

Don't forget Wal-Mart had 7 steelbooks from last year (Battle of LA & Resident Evil 1-5 + Degeneration).

And i got them all!! 8-)

#252 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

Agreed, I forgot. I have them all too, even though where I'm from its much eaiser to get steelbooks at a Best Buy then it is at a Wal-mart. & you have to pre-order at a FYE or its sold out. :-#

#253 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

got these two in the mail the past two days! OH YEAH!!

Posted Image

#254 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

^how much was the Pulp?

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#255 Jayare

Jayare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

^ that pulp steel looks nice

#256 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

wait a sec, pulfp fiction steelbook is 10 cents?

#257 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

#258 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

^how much was the Pulp?

its a play.com exclusive, and they dont ship to the U.S. FYI. I think it was about $40 including a tip for the guy i got it from.

#259 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

3 Blu-ray Steelbooks for 30 EUR

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

3 for 30 Euros ($44.99) [10 Euros each ($13.99)]
14 Euros Shipping ($19.59)
Total: 44 Euros ($61.53) [$20.51 each]

http://www.amazon.de...ocId=1000589773

#260 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

^^^ Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

#261 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

3 Blu-ray Steelbooks for 30 EUR

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

3 for 30 Euros ($44.99) [10 Euros each ($13.99)]
14 Euros Shipping ($19.59)
Total: 44 Euros ($61.53) [$20.51 each]

http://www.amazon.de...ocId=1000589773

I'm debating on forest gump, cloverfield, and saving private Ryan since I don't have the bluray version on those. Would this have inside artwork?

#262 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

I'm debating on forest gump, cloverfield, and saving private Ryan since I don't have the bluray version on those. Would this have inside artwork?

I believe there is no artwork inside. :(

#263 WongTongSoup

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

Does my total seem correct? Transformers 1 and 2 and Forest Gump. Then I added the new transformers for 24.99 EUR. My total was 65 EUR which is 94.44. I cannnot figure it out because of the difference in currency...
Respect is something earned.

#264 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

Does my total seem correct? Transformers 1 and 2 and Forest Gump. Then I added the new transformers for 24.99 EUR. My total was 65 EUR which is 94.44. I cannnot figure it out because of the difference in currency...

Yes, it's correct. Well, sort of. In general, amazon.de's prices include 19% sales tax/VAT which is deducted when you have it shipped to the US. So the Transformers cost you only around 21 EUR (21 EUR +19% = 24.99 EUR).
However, this 3 for 30 EUR is a strange promotion as the 19% is not deducted from the sale price but only from the regular price. That is, regular price for on of those is 11.97 EUR, with VAT deducted it is 10.06 EUR. So, at the end amazon only applies -0.18 EUR as the promotion for three of these. Rather than 4.79 EUR as it should be.

#265 WongTongSoup

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

Yes, it's correct. Well, sort of. In general, amazon.de's prices include 19% sales tax/VAT which is deducted when you have it shipped to the US. So the Transformers cost you only around 21 EUR (21 EUR +19% = 24.99 EUR).
However, this 3 for 30 EUR is a strange promotion as the 19% is not deducted from the sale price but only from the regular price. That is, regular price for on of those is 11.97 EUR, with VAT deducted it is 10.06 EUR. So, at the end amazon only applies -0.18 EUR as the promotion for three of these. Rather than 4.79 EUR as it should be.

Should I contact them about correcting this promotion?
Respect is something earned.

#266 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Got an email from WB Shop earlier stating there's only 150 of those Sucker Punch SB's left. Still undecided if I want to bite or not.

Posted Image

#267 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

in for Cloverfield, Transformers, and Tropic Thunder steelbooks. That was a great deal at first, then it added $14 shipping to my international order =(. ~$60 for 3 steelbooks isn't bad, but that was disappointing.

On another note, I got an email talking about the Sucker Punch Limited Edition Comicon Steelbook. There are only 150 left (at the time of the email) and it's $60. Too pricey for me, even for a ultra LE, but the case does look pretty badass.

http://www.wbshop.co...default,pd.html

EDIT: Looks like I was barely beat to the punch!

SteamWidget.PNG

#268 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

I guess XAGE was right. Where is he? lol

#269 sweetg1223

sweetg1223

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

Just out of curiosity for anyone who does the international ordering.... those giant ratings labels, are those printed on the case or stickers? I'm not an avid collector, I just like having steelbooks that look nice on my shelf and those ratings are kind of an eyesore to me.

sgonzalez5.png

#270 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

Got an email from WB Shop earlier stating there's only 150 of those Sucker Punch SB's left. Still undecided if I want to bite or not.

Posted Image

If you're on the fence I'd order now; that way if it arrives damaged they would still most likely have inventory to switch it out. I got mine ( and so did another poster) mailed to me in a bubble mailer