HD collections - discussion and speculation

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#391 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'm still holding my breath for Onimusha HD. I'm guessing it won't happen because they'll need to pay Kaneshiro and the Matsuda estate...such a shame.

#392 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and Birth By Sleep might be receiving HD upgrades and will launch on the PS3, Wii U, and PS VITA.

http://www.dualpixel...-ps3-wii-u-and-

This better happen. I don't own a DS or PSP, so I never played those games. I'm really skeptical at a 5 game bundle though :(

I'd assume Dream Drop Distance is too new. I'd settle for a 1, 2, and Chain of Memories (since Chain of Memories was already ported to PS2) and a 2nd collection with 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance.

#393 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

Finally got around to playing Ico today in a lazy afternoon. Man, that game still holds up 11 years later. Reminds me of a time when games were short enough that you could beat them in a day and still come away satisfied. Really hope TLG doesn't suffer because of all the design changes, but they need to hurry up and get it on shelves already.

Still waiting for a Dark Cloud HD announcement. . . :(

#394 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Finally got around to playing Ico today in a lazy afternoon. Man, that game still holds up 11 years later. Reminds me of a time when games were short enough that you could beat them in a day and still come away satisfied. Really hope TLG doesn't suffer because of all the design changes, but they need to hurry up and get it on shelves already.

Still waiting for a Dark Cloud HD announcement. . . :(

You think Sony might start offering the HD collection on vita too that would really change the game & make cross play/cross buy explode.

I can't wait for TLG either hope they do it up real big.

#395 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Can Sonic Generations be considered as a part of the HD Collection list?
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#396 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

please hitman Hd collection!

+1, yes please; with 3D.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#397 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Trying to play Silent Hill 2. I can barely see a damn thing with the brightness all the way up on the game, controls are terrible (I switched to the "2D" ones - tank controls were awful too), and the camera is flat out infuriating.

After poking around for a while trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do I get to the apartment building. Found a few items, spent an inordinate amount of time going into the same rooms multiple times because the screen is so dark - even with the flashlight - that I can't always tell if I got turned around or not.

I go through a door and the game freezes, black screen with music playing. Left it for 15 minutes, no dice. Had to do a hard reset. Definitely not playing any more tonight and wondering if I should even bother going back to it at all.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#398 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Has there been any news on the FF10 HD rerelease.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#399 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

Has there been any news on the FF10 HD rerelease.

Nope Posted Image

Latest was this little snippet = http://www.playstati...ate-for-ffx-hd/

There's gonna be a "big announcement" for FF end of August but that's XIII-3 -_-

I wouldn't be surprised is they'll cancel the HD remake, and just release the PS2 port on PSN which is BS.

#400 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

jak and daxter collection... ugh... the checkpoints are pretty much non existent. you fight with the camera more than the actual enemies. i cant believe uncharted came out of this dev when they produced these games on ps2.

out of the big 3 platformer franchises (jak, r&c, sly) jak is far and away the worst.

i cant even bring myself to play 3. 2 is so frustrating and boring.

EightBitArtist.png

#401 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

so i hear we can play ratchet online multiplayer with the collection. lets see if anyones going to be playing it

they should have included deadlocks multiplayer as the feature but oh well.
Posted Image

#402 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

jak and daxter collection... ugh... the checkpoints are pretty much non existent. you fight with the camera more than the actual enemies. i cant believe uncharted came out of this dev when they produced these games on ps2.

out of the big 3 platformer franchises (jak, r&c, sly) jak is far and away the worst.

i cant even bring myself to play 3. 2 is so frustrating and boring.

I loved the first, hated the 2nd and thought Jakt 3 was good. Jak 3 does away with some of the annoying shit in 2. 2 was really hard too.

Ratchet and Clank is far superior in every regard though. So much fun.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#403 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

so i hear we can play ratchet online multiplayer with the collection. lets see if anyones going to be playing it

they should have included deadlocks multiplayer as the feature but oh well.

I remember playing dozens of hours just split screen, messing around with friends. The main reason I'm picking it up is because of that multiplayer.

#404 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

The one HD collection I'm waiting for at this point is Zone of the Enders HD Collection. I loved the first one, but couldn't ever get my hands on a copy of the second one.

Josh1billion.png

Check out my free Android puzzle game, Super Blackout.  90 levels + random level generator + level editor.

#405 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

Waiting for Hitman HD collection, That along with splinter cell collection will bring back many good memories.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#406 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

I could forsee 1 or 2 GTA collections between the PS2 & PSP versions to get people setup for the next GTA. Wonder if they would go for the full money grab & offer the PSP versions on 360 too.

#407 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Sony needs to drop a Socom Collection (10yr anniversary this month) and a Syphon Filter Collection.

#408 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sony needs to drop a Socom Collection (10yr anniversary this month) and a Syphon Filter Collection.

I don't need a Syphon Filter collection too much but I'd probably buy it at around $20.

A Socom collection with at least 1-3 for $40 would be a day one buy. I didn't even play them online very much, I just like the more tactical pace of the campaigns.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#409 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

I tried playing Syhpon Filter when they released it for free for Plus members. Wow, so bad. I couldnt tell what was happening everything was so fuzzy and blocky. HD might be able to help clean it up a bit, but cant imagine it would be much better.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#410 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

The one HD collection I'm waiting for at this point is Zone of the Enders HD Collection. I loved the first one, but couldn't ever get my hands on a copy of the second one.

You'll love Zone of the Enders 2 for sure if you liked the first. It's way more action packed in a fun way. Battles have a lot more going on, and it's challenging in a good way. The upgraded battle system really makes you feel like a powerful mech. It has extra challenges too if you like those, I didn't do those much.

There is an Anime too (different story)

With so many HD collections out now, and announced, it's hard to imagine what else could be. Since PS1 games don't get HD, they just get "Classics". I hope Xenosaga 1-3 gets a collection. Or the "Tales of" series. Or Grandia II + Xtreme. I am looking forward to revisiting FFX HD, too bad it's only 1 game.

#411 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

^Legacy of kain is the only HD collection I can think of that hasn't been announced yet.

Playing Soul Reaver with updated graphics would be pretty cool.

#412 Hente

Hente

Honk honk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

With so many HD collections out now, and announced, it's hard to imagine what else could be. Since PS1 games don't get HD, they just get "Classics". I hope Xenosaga 1-3 gets a collection. Or the "Tales of" series. Or Grandia II + Xtreme. I am looking forward to revisiting FFX HD, too bad it's only 1 game.

I would pick up a Xenosaga HD collection in a heartbeat, never really got around to playing the series when I had my PS2, same with Tales of the Abyss. Star Ocean 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, Rogue Galaxy, Radiata Stories, Psychonauts, .hack, i'd be happy if any of them got an HD remake.

Only confirmed games that i'm waiting for right now are Okami and ZoE.

#413 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

My Friend and I are just waiting for Kingdom Hearts HD Release. :lol: No matter how slim it could be.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#414 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

My Friend and I are just waiting for Kingdom Hearts HD Release. :lol: No matter how slim it could be.

I don't know. I would say its slim but with the message in the 3ds title one might make the case that it could happen. If it does I hope its final mix versions

#415 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

You can only hope right? :)

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#416 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

You can only hope right? :)

Agreed, I'm holding out and hoping for a tgs announcement

#417 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

You'll love Zone of the Enders 2 for sure if you liked the first. It's way more action packed in a fun way. Battles have a lot more going on, and it's challenging in a good way. The upgraded battle system really makes you feel like a powerful mech. It has extra challenges too if you like those, I didn't do those much.

Good to hear. Looking forward to checking it out. :)

Josh1billion.png

Check out my free Android puzzle game, Super Blackout.  90 levels + random level generator + level editor.

#418 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Sony needs to drop a Socom Collection (10yr anniversary this month)

Would any of the PSP ones make the cut for you? There's so many of them I could see them doing a 5 game combo coll of PS2/PSP ones or go the GOW route & have a PS2 coll & a PSP coll. If they make both have it avail. for PSV too so hopefully there'd be enough interest in the good games to spark a renewed interest in a better Socom 5 w/vita cross play.

#419 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Personally I would love to just see a Socom Legacy type game (that has been rumored before) which takes the framework of Socom CA and merges it with the gameplay of S2. Online only, No SP, and all maps from 1-CA (which would be like 50 maps). I doubt this will happen, b/c its just too much value and way too much work. I think they split it up, maybe just a S1 & S2 collection and then a HD pack of the PSP ones. Tactical Strike is so different though so not sure how that will work. Basiclly like you said, just too many games for 1 collection. What is the GoW 5in1 pack going to retail for?

There are plenty of different options, and its flabbergasting that Sony has not already made it. Its in the top 10 on Playstation.blog.share for suggestions, and has been for years.

#420 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Not sure if it was already announced but there is going to be a Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection. Will include Budokai and Budokai 3. I'm definitely disappointed there is no 2, since it was my favorite. But I never played 3. I guess that makes up for it. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler