THQ - 75% off selected PC Digital Games

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

Yes, I bought it yesterday on the chance it would activate on Steam, and it did. Already d/l'ed and played it.

Is it worth getting -- I don't see any reviews or forums on steam...?

#62 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

Dawn of War II AND Soulstorm both activate on steam?

#63 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

just wanted to say i did it....i bought darksiders
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#64 SadExchange82

SadExchange82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

just wanted to say i did it....i bought darksiders

Does Darksiders activate on Steam? I know it's on the list, but wanted to make sure before I purchased it. Thanks

#65 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

it sure does
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#66 gamer5389

gamer5389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

I bought Supreme Commander and its not available on steam, but its on their list

Supreme Commander 2 can be registered on Steam, the first one can't

#67 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

you can get saints row 2 for the pc for $4.99

Comes with fss so if you have amazon prime or $20 of other stuff you wanna buy it is $2.50 cheaper and you get a hard copy of the game

#68 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

IS DOW Soulstorm any good -- the reviews say the graphics are outdated.....

#69 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

Ended up buying Chaos rising, Don't think it will hit cheaper than $5 this year.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#70 psynide

psynide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

how is dawn of war 2? im a huge fan of rts games. been playing age of empires, starcraft, warcraft, company of heroes since i can remember.

i watched a review saying that it isnt based around building a base, but squads. and that there are weapon/gear drops, which it thought was really cool. how long is the campaign, and im asuming i can do skirmishes vs ai, or is it only campaign and then online play?

and and is chaos rising the expansion to it?

#71 YEAHBUDDY

YEAHBUDDY

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

IS DOW Soulstorm any good -- the reviews say the graphics are outdated.....

Yeah its pretty much an ok campaign with two new factions that are meh. Overall, meh. Dark Crusade and the original are good to go though.

how is dawn of war 2? im a huge fan of rts games. been playing age of empires, starcraft, warcraft, company of heroes since i can remember.

i watched a review saying that it isnt based around building a base, but squads. and that there are weapon/gear drops, which it thought was really cool. how long is the campaign, and im asuming i can do skirmishes vs ai, or is it only campaign and then online play?

and and is chaos rising the expansion to it?

Its much closer to Company of Heroes imo so if you like that one you will like this one. The campaign with sidemissions I think is over 12 hours, but it depends on how you play. A lot of the sidemissions repeat and can sometimes be monotonous. You can do skirmishes offline against the CPU. It also has Last Stand which was pretty cool but its online only though. And yes Chaos Rising is the expansion.

#72 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

Did anyone run into a payment authorization failed from it? I called my CC and I have no lock on my card, so it seems to be THQ store's end.

#73 GoD_Hammy

GoD_Hammy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

On the fence for METRO 2033, reviews weren't great but not bad either. It looks like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./F.E.A.R. hybrid.... also didn't I see it on a STEAM sale not too long ago?
P.S. I love STEAM because I don't have to hunt down all the patches for my games every time I reinstall!

#74 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:14 AM

Good deal; picked up Chaos Rising for my copy of DoW that I already had on Steam.

ach.png

#75 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:16 AM

On the fence for METRO 2033, reviews weren't great but not bad either. It looks like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./F.E.A.R. hybrid.... also didn't I see it on a STEAM sale not too long ago?
P.S. I love STEAM because I don't have to hunt down all the patches for my games every time I reinstall!

I can recommend this game. I didn't care much for STALKER's open world. Metro 2033 is a linear game and has some incredible environmental detail and effects. It's kinda a horror shooter though in some regards so be sure you like shooting up monsters before buying. You also need a decent PC to enjoy all the effects.

ach.png

#76 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:19 AM

I was going to pick up Metro 2033 until I saw the computer specs...is it really that graphics heavy?

666277.png

#77 Silenthero1980

Silenthero1980

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

just got Darksiders and try it on steam and work just fine!

wanted to try this game and for the price of a rental i get to keap it:bouncy:

#78 GoD_Hammy

GoD_Hammy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

I can recommend this game. I didn't care much for STALKER's open world. Metro 2033 is a linear game and has some incredible environmental detail and effects. It's kinda a horror shooter though in some regards so be sure you like shooting up monsters before buying. You also need a decent PC to enjoy all the effects.

I'm running a 6 core amd, 5770 1gb, and 8 gigs of ram, so I should be ok...;)

also, do they send me the activation code so I can just activate it on STEAM and download it from STEAM?

#79 GoD_Hammy

GoD_Hammy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:12 AM

just answered my own question, bought it, copy n pasted the code into steam, boom, downloading :D

#80 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

I was going to pick up Metro 2033 until I saw the computer specs...is it really that graphics heavy?

Yeah, it's very demanding. You can scale it a ll back of course but it does to your PC what Crysis did when it first came out ... that is, made you wish you had a better one. :wall:

ach.png

#81 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

I might finally pick up Soulstorm at $5. The only Dawn of War game/expansion I don't own. Heard kinda bad things about the balance and stability, but hell. I'm a huge Dawn of War fan, and I've always wanted to try it and see it for myself. Can try stomping through the Soulstorm campaign before Retribution releases.

#82 Babobaka

Babobaka

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone know how PC downloads from THQ work with retail/brick & mortar purchases of a game in a series?

Say I have copy of Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts. How will a PC download copy of Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor work with those two games?

Thinking about getting Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor and Warhammer 40K: Soulstorm, but would like all have them to sync together.

#83 o2012o

o2012o

The better David

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

Just picked up DoW 2 and Chaos Rising. Amazing effin' deal. I was literally INCHES from buying both off of Steam for 50. I'll take 12.50 instead!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out." - Bill Hicks

http://my.livecard.n...410/graln1K.png