Star Ocean: The Last Hope (360) - $15.99 at Amazon

Thanks ssj, I think I may buy this after watching some reviews. My only question is are the save points really that far apart from each other? I really dont want to be stuck playing for 1 1/2 hours before I can get to a save point.

BTW-"Estimated delivery date for this item: February 24, 2011 - March 2, 2011 "

wow, it didn't have those kinds of estimates before, I guess someone bought up the last bunch Amazon had in stock. I'll update the post

I don't see the PS3 ver listed for $19.99 if your talking about the + $4.99 shipping it's sold by a third party member...

I hate swapping and installing multiple discs!

Not that you'll find any in stock by now, but Kmart had this game for 360 for $5 last year sometime or so. It should still be $5 if you can find it.

[quote name='CaoPi']I don't see the PS3 ver listed for $19.99 if your talking about the + $4.99 shipping it's sold by a third party member...

I hate swapping and installing multiple discs![/QUOTE]

Swapping disks for most games aren't a big deal but this one is the worst with it. On the last disk you actually have to swap to return to old areas while most games just make you swap when the story progresses. So if you don't like swapping don't get this on the 360. This game is pretty bad. I would suggest lost oddessey and tales of vesperia for jrpg's.

Imo star ocean is not good. The dungeons are too long and make no sense. I really doubt a spaceship will be built with a hundred miles of hallways and only 4 or 5 rooms. It's seriously stupid bad level design. Not only do the ship dungeons make no sense, they are just too long. It was really a chore to get through it. It's better than the las remnant but that's not saying much. The only part I really liked about. Star ocean were the badass cut scenes - some of them reminded me of space scenes on xenosaga.

This game is worth the price. The achievements are a grind fest that I couldn't bring myself to attempt. As soon as I had the final dungeon available to me, I rushed through it, skipping most enemies. I had enough of the game well before that point. I have no plans of playing through it again.

bread's done
Back