Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

• Please log in to reply
2325 replies to this topic

#91 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

I can't believe they added Wake and Gulf instead of Mash. Road would have been a nice add too. Oman is too plane dependent and Wake is getting old.

Posted Image

#92 htown01

htown01

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

Most defintely looks like the PC version. It seems like the footage is part of the campaign. Assuming due to the scene where they are dragging a soldier to safety.

The movement and explosions look really nice. Fall/Winter can't come sooner.

Yeah, it does look like the campaign but I wonder how much of that is pre-rendered footage?

I rarely preorder a game but I went ahead and did it at Gamestop yesterday :D Here is hoping for a midnight release and for DICE to continue making excellent games :)

#93 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, it does look like the campaign but I wonder how much of that is pre-rendered footage?

I rarely preorder a game but I went ahead and did it at Gamestop yesterday :D Here is hoping for a midnight release and for DICE to continue making excellent games :)

That was all in game....

http://www.nowgamer....lers-misleading

Formerly known as slickkill77

#94 ugadawg239

ugadawg239

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

Battlefield is a much better game in my opinion. The destructible environments and actual team bases gameplay. Cod is run and gun period.

#95 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

I thought this thread was made for Battlefield 3? Not "Come bash Bad Company 2, all of you CoD hacks!!"

Agreed.

I didn't know that BFBC and BFBC2 were so controversial. BFBC2 is all I know of the series, and I'm a huge fan. If BF3 is going to be much better, then wonderful! My guess is that most of the people who get psychotic about the particulars are probably PC gamers who scoff at the console gamers and their 'light' experiences.

I actually favor the assault levels without many vehicles (like Arica Harbor) in BFBC2, and I'm sure they are among the more popular levels in BFBC2. I hope they have small levels without tanks in BF3 to mix it up in addition to vehicle oriented level designs.

And let me clarify that the only class that can't destroy easily tanks in BFBC2 is the Medic. Assault can get C4, in addition to Recon. Two of my biggest complaints for BFBC2 are that spawn camping happens more often than I'd like and that the helicopters are a pain. If they address these issues, I'll be very pleased.

I'm super pumped for BF3. I picked up Medal of Honor limited edition since it said those folks would get beta access for BF3. I wonder if I actually have to PLAY it to get a beta invite. Yuck.
Posted Image

#96 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Agreed.

I didn't know that BFBC and BFBC2 were so controversial. BFBC2 is all I know of the series, and I'm a huge fan. If BF3 is going to be much better, then wonderful! My guess is that most of the people who get psychotic about the particulars are probably PC gamers who scoff at the console gamers and their 'light' experiences.

I actually favor the assault levels without many vehicles (like Arica Harbor) in BFBC2, and I'm sure they are among the more popular levels in BFBC2. I hope they have small levels without tanks in BF3 to mix it up in addition to vehicle oriented level designs.

And let me clarify that the only class that can't destroy easily tanks in BFBC2 is the Medic. Assault can get C4, in addition to Recon. Two of my biggest complaints for BFBC2 are that spawn camping happens more often than I'd like and that the helicopters are a pain. If they address these issues, I'll be very pleased.

I'm super pumped for BF3. I picked up Medal of Honor limited edition since it said those folks would get beta access for BF3. I wonder if I actually have to PLAY it to get a beta invite. Yuck.

:wall:wooooooooooow

Yea I can tell you've never played anything other than BFBC 2 .
You're looking for the wrong game if you want small levels. Battlefield is all about vehicles and big maps. There will be no "small" levels. The game you're looking for is Call of Duty. Pop BF2MC in for the 360. You'll see what I mean.

If you want to see a gamer shit storm, you'll get one if BF3 has small maps.

#97 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

It should be "Battlefield law" that each multiplayer level must have each type of vehicle in it. LAW I TELL YOU.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>[acronym="Check My List ↓"]CML[/acronym]<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ Have: DmC, Split/Second (both new), Halo 4 (mint)
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#98 mannysgoldglove

mannysgoldglove

NooB KilleR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:27 AM

You're looking for the wrong game if you want small levels. Battlefield is all about vehicles and big maps. There will be no "small" levels. The game you're looking for is Call of Duty. Pop BF2MC in for the 360. You'll see what I mean.

Slickkill is 100% correct about the maps. I miss BFMC2 before all the glitching and people lagging out servers. I played for a really, really long time before giving up on it. I started playing BFBC2 and at first I couldnt stand it but now its kinda grown on me. I picked up Black ops and I really cant see how its so much more popular than BFBC2.

#99 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

You have no idea if there won't be some small levels by your standards. None of us know that at this point. Being that it has vehicles and most likely the same gameplay feel, I will be happy; no matter how big or small the maps will be.

#100 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:53 AM

Weellll, there is a big difference between Arica Harbor and Black Ops. You could probably fit three Black Ops maps in the virtual space of Arica Harbor, which may be the smallest map for BFBC2. And I do enjoy many of the larger maps, aside from Heavy Metal, which most people don't love.

It's an insult to tell a Battlefield fan to play Black Ops, huh? I can see that. Perhaps you can see that if you put the Blah Ops maps into the BFBC2 engine, it would still be a very different game. The two games have a very different feel. I just enjoy the Battlefield gameplay and pace a lot more than the where CoD is lately.

There are three or four guys posting on this thread that have very strong opinions about Battlefield and BFBC2, as though the rest of us are lesser players for liking BFBC2. That's ok, but the BFBC trouncing detracts somewhat from the potential thread excitement for the new game.

I doubt DICE look at BFBC2 as their red-headed stepchild (no offence to the gingers out there). I'm sure they are proud of it, even if it was a slightly different direction to take. And I'm sure (to your dismay) there will be elements of the Bad Company games in the new Battlefield.

I'd really love to see some map ranking, where you could mark a map as 'avoid' and then play it a little less. And I hope they can design maps to help avoid spawn camping. Seems the did that a bit with the Vietnam maps.

Some of this comes down to gaming philosophy. I'm not going to be playing this on PC with a perma-squad aiming for the heights of the scoreboards. I'm going to be casually playing an hour a night with a few friends, not worrying about what features are the hardcorerest. As long as DICE make it fun, I'm there.
Posted Image

#101 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'd really love to see some map ranking, where you could mark a map as 'avoid' and then play it a little less. And I hope they can design maps to help avoid spawn camping. Seems the did that a bit with the Vietnam maps.

If there was a map ranking, you would find that only 2-3 maps would ever be selected. DICE/other developers are fully aware of this hence why you don't see it implemented anywhere; the closest thing is map voting but even then you are forced to pick from 2.

As for your two complaints I saw earlier...
Spawn Camping - you know you can spawn on your buddies. It is has been forever since I was able to spawn camp a team and normally that occurs because you have a team of 8 on 2 or something like that. Normally my crew backs out of those games as spawn camping is just plain boring. When games are lopsided, a form of spawn camping will exist either way. Say you put a border around where you spawn, once you walk out of that barrier they could still spawn camp that. It is just part of FPS games online. If it happens, you just leave the game and try anew.

Helicopters - most pilots are not great flyers. They fly at a basic/low level and they constantly throttle. The constant throttle allows for easy hits with the tracer dart; aim around a couple inchs in front of the heli. Once it hits, the heli is pretty screwed as not only you but I guarantee another teammate with launch a rocket. 1 and done. Practice makes perfect. It is very rare for me to come across a good pilot/gunner team that takes some time to take down; most of those times they are clan mates (i can tell base on their gamertags). Though note rumor has it tracer dart will not make it into BF3. Being that there are jets, I would assume there will be better ways to take down aircraft.

And I'm sure (to your dismay) there will be elements of the Bad Company games in the new Battlefield.

They already stated they are staying only with 4 classes from BFBC2. I am sure that won't be the last thing they keep from the series.

Weellll, there is a big difference between Arica Harbor and Black Ops. You could probably fit three Black Ops maps in the virtual space of Arica Harbor, which may be the smallest map for BFBC2. And I do enjoy many of the larger maps, aside from Heavy Metal, which most people don't love.

Africa is a midlevel map, in BFBC2 speak. Nelson Bay and White Pass are small maps. These guys complaining are used to big scale maps, which are definitely bigger than these listed. Personally, I think most of the maps in BFBC2 are just about the right size for large scale tank battles.

I hope the maps in BF2 have a similiar feel to Oasis. I like the concept of invading a city. First using your big tanks to fight their big tanks in the countryside to them going on foot through the streets taking out guys in buildings. I really hope the maps have that type of feel.

#102 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:35 PM

I hate getting stuck on every single stone and pebble. And the walking up a hill. I hope they fix those.

#103 htown01

htown01

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

That was all in game....

http://www.nowgamer....lers-misleading

Damn, very nice :D I liked what Bach said,

It’s a little bit like showing someone a Ferrari and when you paid for it you get a Suzuki.

:lol:

I would love to play this on PC but I know myself; I'm accustomed to playing on a console hooked up to a TV and I will end up playing this on the :360:.

Just curious; How did y'all Battlefield guys get into PC gaming? And is that y'alls primary platform for all games?

#104 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:39 AM

Just preordered this! Going to be amazing!

#105 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

I never played Battlefield up until Bad Company 2. I was never really that much into shooters until then, either -- Borderlands/Goldeneye (N64)/Perfect Dark (N64)/Timesplitters 2 aside. ;)

#106 vlad86

vlad86

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

This game looks like your freaking watching a movie....its simply amazing and frostbite 2 engine is impressive to say the least! The thing I want to know is.....are the gameplay previews were seeing on a monster pc with some heavy duty dual card setup or is that what were going to get on the xbox 360?

#107 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

This game looks like your freaking watching a movie....its simply amazing and frostbite 2 engine is impressive to say the least! The thing I want to know is.....are the gameplay previews were seeing on a monster pc with some heavy duty dual card setup or is that what were going to get on the xbox 360?

That definitely looked like PC with top specs.

#108 vlad86

vlad86

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

lordopus99 lets hope.....and I mean HOPE!! that it will look a little something like that ;)

#109 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

Did I read correctly that BF3 wont support Windows XP on the PC? I actually didn't read that, but I read some peoples reactions that suggested that.

That makes me sad because I still run XP on my desktop and have no plans to upgrade. If true I guess this means I'll only be playing the 360 version.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#110 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

I hate getting stuck on every single stone and pebble. And the walking up a hill. I hope they fix those.

I agree, I tend to get stuck on small objects all the time. Anything I can walk up, I'd like it to automatically move up. And corners, those get sticky too.

I think that the human field of view is very wide, like 160 degrees or so. When playing an FPS, it feels like I have a 45 degree field of view some of the time. I think this contributes to the getting stuck sensation. And the lack of tactile feedback of walking. So they kind of need to make movement more fluid around small things.
Posted Image

#111 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

Did I read correctly that BF3 wont support Windows XP on the PC? I actually didn't read that, but I read some peoples reactions that suggested that.

That makes me sad because I still run XP on my desktop and have no plans to upgrade. If true I guess this means I'll only be playing the 360 version.

I believe I heard this to be true. It sucks for me as well, I'm still rockin' good ol' XP Pro. At least when I do upgrade to Windows 7 soon (before The Witcher 2 comes out) I can rest easy knowing its a highly regarded OS unlike Vista.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#112 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

http://www.ea.com/ba...s/faultline-ep1

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#113 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Oh my God, the waddling under water is gone!

#114 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Oh my God, the waddling under water is gone!

I am really excited for this game. I can't wait till fall comes around.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#115 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

Heh, M.o.H.'s "1 in the chamber" reload made it in. Didn't see much use of Frostbite 2's destruction capabilities. Draging your comrade to safety was the best part.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>[acronym="Check My List ↓"]CML[/acronym]<< (())

#116 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

2:50 of gameplay. Get shit on Call of Duty

I believe its because Xp does not support DX11. Or whatever version they are using for the game that XP doesn't support. I'm not a pc gamer so forgive me if I'm wrong there but I believe that's the reason.

#117 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

After watching Faultline Episode 1, I think I need a new pair of pants.

#118 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

The animation wasn't that good, not better than Medal of Honor t.b.h.

#119 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

The animation wasn't that good, not better than Medal of Honor t.b.h.

:error:

DICE had a map vote in Battlefield 2 MC but unfortunately you generally ended up playing the same three maps. They would be better off giving you a choice of two or three maps and letting you vote while constantly switching them.

#120 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

I haven't preordered a game since GTA IV, but I'll do this one. I can't wait.

Currently playing:

Battlefield 3

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

My Strategy Guide TradeList