Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

• Please log in to reply
2325 replies to this topic

#121 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

I was promised "real gameplay footage." That is obviously scripted bullshit.

Fuck this series.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#122 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:15 AM

Fuck this series.

:???: I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Do you just like being annoying? Obviously that's in game. Look at the bullet counter on the bottom. Read the previews. ITS IN GAME CoffeeEdge. Whether you want to believe it or not

Formerly known as slickkill77

#123 htown01

htown01

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:41 AM

I believe I heard this to be true. It sucks for me as well, I'm still rockin' good ol' XP Pro. At least when I do upgrade to Windows 7 soon (before The Witcher 2 comes out) I can rest easy knowing its a highly regarded OS unlike Vista.

Just an fyi: If you're a student, universities usually offer Windows OS's at a heavily discounted price. I bought the Windows Ultimate 7 64bit Systems Student Media for $19.99+tax. I honestly don't know the difference between the student version vs retail, I'm just putting this information out there :)

I hope the :360: version looks almost as good as the PC :pray: God knows I cannot afford to upgrade my PC right now to run this future AWESOME game :lol:

#124 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:55 AM

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Do you just like being annoying? Obviously that's in game. Look at the bullet counter on the bottom. Read the previews.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if not, just, wow....you're exactly the sort of person that marketing scumbags just love.

Seriously, if an ammo counter is all it takes to convince you that something is actual, regular, non-scripted gameplay, then I have a PS3 game I'd like to sell you:

Hi...

Posted Image

#125 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

Um, the trailer is gameplay footage. There's a full HUD, a button prompt shows up when the player is dragging the downed soldier, there is ADS footage, and even poor A.I is shown when the player forces an A.I squadmate to leave his cover when the player hijacks it. Sure, the events in the gameplay are scripted, regardless, it's still gameplay. If it isn't, what would you call it then?

#126 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:02 AM

Gameplay that scripted is hardly gameplay. It's a stroll through a cinematic, like a Disney ride.

Take a second and actually look at what we're looking at in this video. We're watching at the player following some completely script-driven squadmates down some extremely narrow halls with no room for variation whatsoever, then through some rooms that they're going to move through the exact same way every time because they're just following a script, before finally exiting into a slightly larger square area that, from the second the player walks out the door, immediately goes into being a QTE where you drag someone around (again, this is all just a script and a QTE, not actual dynamic gameplay), and then the player stands in the same place for a while shooting enemies, until finally, we get back to watching the squadmates do some more scripted actions, and the player stands next to something that explodes and triggers a pre-scripted "falling on their ass" animation. This will all happen the same way every time. You don't have any real impact on anything. Your squadmates won't react to you going off-script. You're just going through the motions and acting out the pre-scripted cinematic.

And yet here we have it, dopes going ga-ga like this is the fucking second coming or some sort of revolutionary FPS that will finally deliver on the promises of that fake Killzone 2 trailer from so many years ago. This isn't magic, people. This is just a game, using blatant and insulting smokescreens, to mask a lack of actual dynamic gameplay. Did Medal of Honor teach you nothing? People's insistence on not actually thinking about this stuff critically is how people get duped into buying stuff like Monster Cable, thinking it's some sort of magic, when a basic technical understanding will show you the truth. Again, this game has no magic, just tricks.

"Get shit on Call of Duty"? What do you see in here, that isn't done in CoD's campaign modes? A slightly different scripted Disney ride?

Ugh. This series died five years ago.
Hi...

Posted Image

#127 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

Too bad you weren't along with it.

Of course it's scripted -- all single player shit is scripted nowadays.

#128 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

Gameplay that scripted is hardly gameplay. It's a stroll through a cinematic, like a Disney ride.

Take a second and actually look at what we're looking at in this video. We're watching at the player following some completely script-driven squadmates down some extremely narrow halls with no room for variation whatsoever, then through some rooms that they're going to move through the exact same way every time because they're just following a script, before finally exiting into a slightly larger square area that, from the second the player walks out the door, immediately goes into being a QTE where you drag someone around (again, this is all just a script and a QTE, not actual dynamic gameplay), and then the player stands in the same place for a while shooting enemies, until finally, we get back to watching the squadmates do some more scripted actions, and the player stands next to something that explodes and triggers a pre-scripted "falling on their ass" animation. This will all happen the same way every time. You don't have any real impact on anything. Your squadmates won't react to you going off-script. You're just going through the motions and acting out the pre-scripted cinematic.

And yet here we have it, dopes going ga-ga like this is the fucking second coming or some sort of revolutionary FPS that will finally deliver on the promises of that fake Killzone 2 trailer from so many years ago. This isn't magic, people. This is just a game, using blatant and insulting smokescreens, to mask a lack of actual dynamic gameplay. Did Medal of Honor teach you nothing? People's insistence on not actually thinking about this stuff critically is how people get duped into buying stuff like Monster Cable, thinking it's some sort of magic, when a basic technical understanding will show you the truth. Again, this game has no magic, just tricks.

"Get shit on Call of Duty"? What do you see in here, that isn't done in CoD's campaign modes? A slightly different scripted Disney ride?

Don't be confusing target renders with in-game. Thanks for pointing out it'll be a linear shooter captain obvious - everything in that trailer is perfectly feasible for a veteran player to do on their second playthough as we all know we get those "where do I stack up?" moments in our first playthroughs and of course the dev. knew that van would blow up so taking cover and being blown back added MARKETING drama.

H A V E03ol2Bg.pngH A V E

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#129 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if not, just, wow....you're exactly the sort of person that marketing scumbags just love.

You sir, are too dumb for words

Formerly known as slickkill77

#130 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

Too bad you weren't along with it.

Wow, that was completely fucking unnecessary. Interesting that you think this is an issue worth actual human lives, internet tough guy.

Of course it's scripted -- all single player shit is scripted nowadays.

And that's awful. It's pathetic that the reason people are excited for this is basically "ooh, look how cool this shallow, empty scripted shooting gallery looks!," when it's still just the same backwards shit we've been playing since Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. There is nothing new to be excited about here, that we didn't have 10 years ago.

What innovative or dynamic or cool new gameplay do we have in this trailer? What's new? Some slightly different recoil effects when you shoot while aiming down the sights? Some god-rays? A well-animated QTE? What? What is the excitement for? Honest question.

I hear that this "shits on" CoD, but what is in here that's different from any of the past five CoD games?

You sir, are too dumb for words

Sick burn.

You said this shits on CoD. What is different?
Hi...

Posted Image

#131 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

Posted Image

Looks like we got a thread crapper.

You've made your opinion clear, now please find someone else's thread to rant on. Everyone in this forum is extremely excited about Battlefield and typically prefers it over any COD. If you aren't satisfied with the trailer, then move on.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#132 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

Oh my bad, didn't see that this thread is for circle-jerking only, not actual critical or intelligent discussion about games.
Hi...

Posted Image

#133 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:14 AM

I hear that this "shits on" CoD, but what is in here that's different from any of the past five CoD games?

You obviously have never played any of the Battlefield titles. One huge fucking difference is Vehicles. There are plenty more differences. You must be really blind.

#134 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

Oh my bad, didn't see that this thread is for circle-jerking only, not actual critical or intelligent discussion about games.

You should join the intelligent discussion over at GameFAQs then. If you don't like what you see, move along.

You've made your opinion clear, now please find someone else's thread to rant on. Everyone in this forum is extremely excited about Battlefield and typically prefers it over any COD. If you aren't satisfied with the trailer, then move on.

This.

#135 htown01

htown01

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

I saw this video yesterday; this is one broken multiplayer game :shock:

The only time you get trapped in Battlefield is when your team players are immensely useless and lose every flag on the map.

#136 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:37 AM

That was proven to be faked, most of the other team helped boosted.

#137 mannysgoldglove

mannysgoldglove

NooB KilleR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:34 AM

Oh my bad, didn't see that this thread is for circle-jerking only

Yeah you must have missed it, bye

#138 robin2099

robin2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:44 AM

People just ignore CoffeeEdge. All he typically does is troll and make dumb statements, like the one time he claimed the Heavy Rain was gonna cause the next videogame crash..

#139 htown01

htown01

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:42 AM

That was proven to be faked, most of the other team helped boosted.

No shit? Can you please give me a link to that? :)

It looked like those guys learned the spawn points and just ran riot on those poor bastards :lol:

#140 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

People just ignore CoffeeEdge. All he typically does is troll and make dumb statements, like the one time he claimed the Heavy Rain was gonna cause the next videogame crash..

Lol is this for real?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#141 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

No shit? Can you please give me a link to that? :)

It looked like those guys learned the spawn points and just ran riot on those poor bastards :lol:

#142 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

People just ignore CoffeeEdge. All he typically does is troll and make dumb statements

No, actually, I say honest things that a lot of people find challenging, and get branded "troll" by people who can't deal with it. I refuse to be a blind trendwhore hivemind lowest-common-denominator regular gamer or buy into marketing bullshit and outlandish developer claims, or to keep silent about what I think, and the CoD and Battlefield kids just can't handle it.

like the one time he claimed the Heavy Rain was gonna cause the next videogame crash..

Bullshit.

You obviously have never played any of the Battlefield titles. One huge fucking difference is Vehicles. There are plenty more differences. You must be really blind.

Actually, I've sunk hundreds of hours into 1942 and Vietnam, and BF2 consumed most of Fall 2005. I still play Vietnam, my personal favorite. Do you really think I would be so upset to see how shitty this series has become, if the earlier entries weren't some of my favorite games ever?

To address what you said: no shit it has vehicles, but we don't even see them in this trailer, and yet from this trailer, we can apparently tell that this "shits on CoD" (nevermind the fact that in the singleplayer, they'll just be vehicles from one scripted set-piece to the next), and I just can't get an explanation of what is so amazing in this video. We had some straight halls, some empty rooms, one QTE, a short firefight where the player hardly moved, and a scripted explosion. If you weren't told what it was, how could you have told this was footage of Battlefield 3, and not the inevitable Modern Warfare 3?

Notice that all anyone here has done is call me an idiot, wished death upon me, and said that the game is awesome or whatever, an instant pre-order, based off of 2 minutes of doubtlessly extremely tightly-controlled and scripted footage, without actually saying anything about the footage or the game itself.

But hey yeah whatever, you guys got me burned real good and have me all figured out, I'm just a troll here to ruin your excitement and cause trouble for no reason or whatever. God forbid I actually care about games and have things to say about them, and dare to not just join the circle jerk over the latest boring desert warfare non-game lifeless shooting gallery we get served every few months.

Whatever. At least I still have ARMA II and Red Orchestra.
Hi...

Posted Image

#143 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

Actually, I've sunk hundreds of hours into 1942 and Vietnam, spent most of late 2005 playing BF2. Do you really think I would be so upset to see how shitty this series has become, if the earlier entries weren't some of my favorite games ever?

To address what you said: no shit it has vehicles, but we don't even see them in this trailer, and yet from this trailer, we can apparently tell that this "shits on CoD" (nevermind the fact that in the singleplayer, they'll just be vehicles from one scripted set-piece to the next), and I just can't get an explanation of what is so amazing in this video.

Notice that all anyone here has done is call me an idiot, wished death upon me, and said that the game is awesome or whatever, based off of 2 minutes of extremely tightly-controlled footage, without actually saying anything about the footage or the game.

If you've played the earlier BF games, then you know how shitty they've become with the BC series. People are excited. The smallest changes in the right direction mean a lot. The movement looks improved. The lighting and graphics look superior to BC2. The recoil looked more realistic.

Now it is only a few minutes of footage, but it gets me excited for the game.

That being said, everyone please try to be civil from now on.

#144 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

[url][/url]

Suck on that CoffeeEdge.

Edit: Alternate links below as EA is actively getting videos taken down as soon as they go up. You may or may not be able to find it on Youtube.

http://rapidshare.co...11.hi.mp4|50226
http://nl.media.mult....GDC2011.hi.mp4

Edited by jkanownik, 04 March 2011 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#145 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

The rapidshare link works, but the other one says 403 - Forbidden. Just an FYI.

Downloading now.

#146 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

I thought that video looked ok, it didn't really set my world on fire.

I'm still hyped for the game though, the BF games are the only shooters I really enjoy online.

Edited by benjamouth, 04 March 2011 - 08:09 PM.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#147 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Fuck this series.

Everyone is primarily attacking you for that statement, everything else is just snowballed from that. Gameplay footage, no matter how scripted, is still gameplay footage. MoH SP was more or less entirely scripted. Does that mean I didn't play a game when I played the SP?

You may not be trolling, but you're taking a single player trailer way the hell out of context.

#148 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Fine, it's gameplay. But the gameplay looks unremarkable, and not different from any other big scripted shooting gallery FPS out right now.

I just want to know how it "shits on" CoD.

Edited by CoffeeEdge, 04 March 2011 - 07:39 PM.

Hi...

Posted Image

#149 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Tanks. Tanks and more Tanks.

I've played tons of COD4, MW2 and BC2 and still continue to play BC2. Its just a difference of opinion and preference whether one shits on another. I played BO for about a day with friends and we all got tired of it. There are pros and cons to each game, but I'd rather play BF over COD anyday.

#150 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

Tanks. Tanks and more Tanks.

I've played tons of COD4, MW2 and BC2 and still continue to play BC2. Its just a difference of opinion and preference whether one shits on another. I played BO for about a day with friends and we all got tired of it. There are pros and cons to each game, but I'd rather play BF over COD anyday.

This is pretty much how I feel about the Battlefield vs. CoD debate. It comes down to personal preference. I played quite a bit of CoD4 on PC and have tried the newer CoD games since and I have realized that CoD multiplayer is just not my cup of tea. I have put hundreds of hours into the Battlefield games since 1942 and this is just my preference but I feel that the BF games are ahead of the CoD games in a bunch of areas.

- dice usually does a pretty good job of balancing vehicles in the games
- I really like the squads and the amount of teamwork that is needed in the game, the CoD games really don't encourage much teamwork at all
- destructable environments change the way you have to play, you can't camp in a building because eventually the building will get blown up
- I prefer the overall pace of the BF games more than the CoD games, I feel that the CoD games put too much emphasis on your reaction time
- There are other things to like the sound, the way the guns handle, gun recoil, etc.

CoffeeEdge, I'm not really sure what you want from people in here. You talk about us getting all excited over a couple minutes of gameplay and don't seem to understand why we are excited. You are definitely entitled to think that but on the other hand you are labeling BF3 as "just another modern military shooter" based on the same 2 minutes of gameplay.

As for myself I can't wait for this game and admit that I prefer the BF series over any other MP series.
Posted Image