#151 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:17 AM

Heres the link again

Formerly known as slickkill77

#152 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

Fine, it's gameplay. But the gameplay looks unremarkable, and not different from any other big scripted shooting gallery FPS out right now.

I just want to know how it "shits on" CoD.

Why does it bother you so much? If you don't like it then don't buy it. Why do you care so much? You are judging a games gameplay from a 3 minute video. Really?

#153 thehuskerfan

thehuskerfan

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

I don't want to add to the drama, but to be honest I'd rather see this game underperform and not bring over the CoD fanboys. The BC2 community is leaps and bounds better than the shit that I've had to deal with in MW2.

Back On Subject - Both "gameplay" videos I've seen look fantastic! I cannot wait for this game!!
2011 Nebraska Cornhuskers -- (9 - 3) -- Big Ten Baby! :D
Posted Image Posted Image

#154 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Why does it bother you so much? If you don't like it then don't buy it. Why do you care so much? You are judging a games gameplay from a 3 minute video. Really?

It bothers me, because these franchises and their horrible dumbed-down lowest-common-denominator conventions are fucking killing the FPS genre, which on the whole has been on a massive downward spiral for over 5 years (ever since Call of Duty 2, at least), pretty much.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#155 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Part 2

Yea ok old timer. :roll:

It bothers me, because these franchises and their horrible dumbed-down lowest-common-denominator conventions are fucking killing the FPS genre, which on the whole has been on a massive downward spiral for over 5 years (ever since Call of Duty 2, at least), pretty much.

#156 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

I'm excited about BF3, but I still wish DICE had made BF:Vietnam 2 instead of just the mod for BC2. I'm afraid full servers are going to die down once BF3 drops. Maybe I'll be tired of those 5 maps by then, but I'm still really enjoying Vietnam.

#157 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

Part 2

That was really bad although it still doesn't make me NOT want this game less.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#158 ucantcme69

ucantcme69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:43 PM

Looking forward to this. Graphically its looking like one of the best games we can get for console. Would love to see some multiplayer vids to see how that looks as well.

#159 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:06 AM

Looking forward to this. Graphically its looking like one of the best games we can get for console. Would love to see some multiplayer vids to see how that looks as well.

Again, this footage is most likely from a highend PC. The master copy is the PC version. Don't get your hopes up for the same results graphically on consoles.

#160 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:34 AM

Again, this footage is most likely from a highend PC. The master copy is the PC version. Don't get your hopes up for the same results graphically on consoles.

It's also very carefully scripted, being played in an extremely restricted and specific way (no, that building demolition at the end isn't dynamic real-time destruction; it's a pre-baked/pre-calculated physics animation just being played back when triggered by the rocket launcher; it'll happen the same way every time no matter where you aim that rocket, as long as it hits the boundary box they set), which I'm not really going to criticize anymore, because hey, straight-line interactive shooting galleries that give the (easily seen-through) illusion of actual dynamic events are the norm for FPSes now, and that has to do with the events going on, more than the environments.

The damning part about the actual graphics, this time, comes at 0:23. That motion blur was blatantly done via post-processing. I'm sure the actual motion blur will look fine, but that was definitely touched up via post-processing.

The point I'm trying to get to here, is don't get your hopes up for quite the same results graphically on PC, either. Not that motion blur, at least.

But, what bit of this is actually representative of the game, is indeed most definitely from the PC version. No way are they pulling off ambient occlusion like that on a console. That all looks quite nice.

Edited by CoffeeEdge, 17 March 2011 - 07:09 AM.

Hi...

Posted Image

#161 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:00 AM

Part 2 really needed Medal of Honor's leaning button.

W A N TRdBqKD5.pngW A N T
H A V E03ol2Bg.pngH A V E

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#162 htown01

htown01

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

youtube video

Thanks for the video :) I don't understand why they do that; just play the game for fun.

Heres the link again

Great stuff :D I'm with ucantcme69; they should show us what they have for multiplayer already.

It's also very carefully scripted, being played in an extremely restricted and specific way (no, that building demolition at the end isn't dynamic real-time destruction; it's a pre-baked/pre-calculated physics animation just being played back when triggered by the rocket launcher; it'll happen the same way every time no matter where you aim that rocket, as long as it hits the boundary box they set), which I'm not really going to criticize anymore, because hey, straight-line interactive shooting galleries that give the (easily seen-through) illusion of actual dynamic events are the norm for FPSes now, and that has to do with the events going on, more than the environments.

The damning part about the actual graphics, this time, comes at 0:23. That motion blur was blatantly done via post-processing. I'm sure the actual motion blur will look fine, but that was definitely touched up via post-processing.

The point I'm trying to get to here, is don't get your hopes up for quite the same results graphically on PC, either. Not that motion blur, at least.

But, what bit of this is actually representative of the game,
is indeed most definitely from the PC version. No way are they pulling off ambient occlusion like that on a console. That all looks quite nice.

No need for all that extra blabber, what's in red would have been just fine for us.

#163 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

No need for all that extra blabber, what's in red would have been just fine for us.

No, actually, there is a need for that "blabber," unless you're an apologist for bullshit doctored gameplay videos.

Seriously, just go ahead and say it: "I condone and think that it's appropriate for publishers to deliberately misrepresent the graphical quality of their games by adding rendered post-processing effects to gameplay videos that are not possible in real-time. Outright deception is acceptable marketing. This is how consumers deserve to be treated. It is wrong for us to question publisher claims whatsoever. Consumer drones everywhere, unite against those who dare to complain. All hail EA."

Your sig gives you away, though. Critical discussion of this sort of thing, about this series in particular, isn't of interest to you. You're here to join the fan-gushing. That's your prerogative and I absolutely hope you enjoy yourself, and I wouldn't think to try to stop you from doing as you please, but likewise, it is not your prerogative to try to prevent me from posting anything actually critical or analytical. Two-way street.
Hi...

Posted Image

#164 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

I'm looking forward to this game and don't understand all the COD vs BF hate. Not everyone likes the same thing, so what. When I see someone talking smack it just looks like they don't feel their game can measure up so they have to take up for it n
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#165 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

[...] don't understand all the COD vs BF hate. Not everyone likes the same thing, so what.

Here's the ironic part: they're pretty much the same.
Hi...

Posted Image

#166 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

:roll: Please stop trolliing.

#167 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

If we are talking about mainline BF games (1942, BF2, ect.) then this statement is overflowing with horseshit. Battlefield 2, for instance, plays NOTHING like any CoD game. It's clearly an "apples to oranges" situation there.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#168 Chase

Chase

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:07 AM

The game looks pretty. I'm a fan of Battlefield, so this should be great. I love Bad Company 2. Comparisons may be made, but I enjoy the Battlefield and Call of Duty games. Both have a lot more positives than negatives. :)

#169 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

I cannot possible cringe any more after reading a post. This is coming from someone who talks down to people and acts like he is the one person in here being objective and not joining in on the "gushing". :wall:
Posted Image

#170 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

If we are talking about mainline BF games (1942, BF2, ect.) then this statement is overflowing with horseshit.

Of course I'm not. But if you think BF3 is going to be anything like 1942 or BF2 or BFVietnam, you're sorely mistaken. The name is false advertising; BF3 is obviously more Bad Company 3 than a true Battlefield 3, just with a new set of (hopefully less cornball) characters and a more generic middle-eastern urban desert warfare scenario for the singleplayer.

They can talk about better graphics on PC or whatever, but the bottom line is this is a multiplatform game, and no game made in that paradigm could ever be the true successor to BF2. With BF2, the console version was a truly distinct, separate game based on the PC version, but specifically derived from it, released months later, unlike BF3, which is being developed simultaneously for all platforms, for a simultaneous release.

Edited by CoffeeEdge, 18 March 2011 - 05:48 AM.

Hi...

Posted Image

#171 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

Has anyone else realized it's only March the 18th - We still have what, NINE months of waiting.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#172 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

Of course I'm not. But if you think BF3 is going to be anything like 1942 or BF2 or BFVietnam, you're sorely mistaken. The name is false advertising; BF3 is obviously more Bad Company 3 than a true Battlefield 3, just with a new set of (hopefully less cornball) characters and a more generic middle-eastern urban desert warfare scenario for the singleplayer.

They can talk about better graphics on PC or whatever, but the bottom line is this is a multiplatform game, and no game made in that paradigm could ever be the true successor to BF2. With BF2, the console version was a truly distinct, separate game based on the PC version, but specifically derived from it, released months later, unlike BF3, which is being developed simultaneously for all platforms, for a simultaneous release.

:dunce:

We get it. You don't like the game. You've made your point. No need to continually argue and pound your anti BF3 views. GO THE Fuck AWAY ALREADY.

#173 htown01

htown01

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

Two way street? Of what I have read these past couple of pages from you, there is no two-way street with you CoffeeEdge.

I understand you want to make people more aware of the marketing tactics corporations like EA use on gamers but what are we, or you, actually going to do about it? And yes, I’m a little skeptical that this may not be real footage since SCE lied about the “real” Killzone 2 footage back in E3 2005, but yet I’m still excited about it.

Yes, I have only gotten exposed to the Bad Company IP and you will not get a critical discussion out of me on Battlefield. But have you seen posts from me expressing animosity towards the Battlefield or any other FPS IP?

You believe what you are saying in this thread is “critical” and “analytical” but to tell you the truth, you are posting thoughtlessly towards FPS and expressing a high animosity towards this genre. If you’re unhappy with this IP, and others, then please recommend a far much better FPS.

If you can’t, then by all means go out and create an IP and blow all of these guys out of the water. We’ll support you…that is if it’s any good.

#174 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

We get it. You don't like the game. You've made your point. No need to continually argue and pound your anti BF3 views. GO THE Fuck AWAY ALREADY.

So, what should happen in this thread then? Everyone should say "I like this" every time they release a new clip, and that's it?

I'll leave the thread and promise never to return or talk about this game anywhere on these forums, if you'll do the same.

Of what I have read these past couple of pages from you, there is no two-way street with you CoffeeEdge.

What do you mean by this exactly?

When I said that, I meant that you can't have a thread to talk about a game, and expect it to all fall to one side on the praise/criticize spectrum. I'd like an explanation of the context you used the phrase in just now.

I understand you want to make people more aware of the marketing tactics corporations like EA use on gamers but what are we, or you, actually going to do about it?

Well, talking about it is a good place to start.

Yes, I have only gotten exposed to the Bad Company IP and you will not get a critical discussion out of me on Battlefield. But have you seen posts from me expressing animosity towards the Battlefield or any other FPS IP?

No, and if you don't want to criticize any games, fine, good for you. But you can't expect all discussion on the internet to be "thumbs-up, awesome" and that's it.

You believe what you are saying in this thread is “critical” and “analytical” but to tell you the truth, you are posting thoughtlessly towards FPS and expressing a high animosity towards this genre.

Again, you say something that doesn't make sense. I am a huge FPS fan. I think this kind of game is shitting up the genre. I don't hate the genre; I hate the fact that it's being taken over by crap.

If you’re unhappy with this IP, and others, then please recommend a far much better FPS.

Sure thing: Killing Floor, Red Orchestra, ARMA II, anything by Valve, Serious Sam, pre-Bad Company Battlefield (especially Vietnam, the pinnacle of the series in my opinion), Unreal Tournament. Those are just a very few, mostly recent ones.
Hi...

Posted Image

#175 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:00 AM

Most of the vidz have been removed by EA :(

No, actually, there is a need for that "blabber,"

Actually no there isn't.

#176 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

Actually no there isn't.

You're the second person to say this. Like the first one, you also have a gigantic image in your signature expounding upon your statistics in Bad Company 2, specifically, the Xbox 360 version.

I'm going to just point that out and let it speak for itself.
Hi...

Posted Image

#177 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:19 AM

You're the second person to say this. Like the first one, you also have a gigantic image in your signature expounding upon your statistics in Bad Company 2, specifically, the Xbox 360 version.

This isn't the first time I've seen you make a comment like this. I know that I currently have a BC2 image in my sig. Does that somehow disqualify me from any rational discussion on the BF games? If I remove the image from my sig. and say the exact same comments do they suddenly have merit?
Posted Image

#178 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

Are you aware you're in the 360 subforum?

I'd also like to mention that I used to play BF 1942 and BF Vietnam on PC plenty back in the day. Since then I've switched over to a Mac and bought a 360 to game on, and I really enjoy Bad Company 2's Vietnam DLC and BF 1943. To my surprise, having to use a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse hasn't really bothered me much.

I don't play base BC2 too often, but don't find it to be the miserable experience you're making it out to be...

#179 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

If the console versions look half as good as what has already been shown, it'll still be amazing.

And Bad Company 2 already looks damn good on the consoles, Frostbite 2 will make it look even better.

Anyway, needs more multiplayer gameplay footage.

#180 mannysgoldglove

mannysgoldglove

NooB KilleR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

We get it. You don't like the game. You've made your point. No need to continually argue and pound your anti bf3 views. Go the Fuck away already.

We get it. You don't like the game. You've made your point. No need to continually argue and pound your anti bf3 views. Go the Fuck away already.

this