Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

• Please log in to reply
2325 replies to this topic

#2041 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

The same thing happened to me. I only downloaded the first file (17x MB) and then tried to join a match but couldn't. I remembered I had cancelled out the "rent a server" update (1GB) so I went to the store to download the update.

When it was done, I was able to join a match and see the new features.

Question: This training mode someone mentioned a day or two ago, how do I get that?

Not really training mode, but supposedly you can join empty servers and mess around in them. Before, you were locked in place when in an empty server, until the player count reached 8 or more.
Steam: Rhett816

#2042 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

The new update is shit. Quick match tosses you into a private server with admin's setting. I don't want to do fucken rush with 400 fucken tickets. Also been kicked twice without even playing. Quick match should direct you to EA servers only. Greedy bastards.

#2043 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Wow over react much. It's been out for a day dude.

#2044 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Not really training mode, but supposedly you can join empty servers and mess around in them. Before, you were locked in place when in an empty server, until the player count reached 8 or more.

If you rent a server, can you limit the number of players to 1 or 2? That would create a decent training environment for things like flying.

#2045 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Wow over react much. It's been out for a day dude.

Still doesn't change the fact that you get tossed into a private server now does it. How long before they change it if they do, chief? Doubtful it gets changed. I'm just ahead of my time noob people will be bitching about it you'll see.

#2046 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Is there a way to just search DICE servers in quick match? I don't really want to get put into games with 1000 tickets

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2047 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

If you rent a server, can you limit the number of players to 1 or 2? That would create a decent training environment for things like flying.

Possibly, but you can just join an empty server (of which there should be many), and play away. I did this earlier, it's pretty awesome being able to fly without constraints.

Also, yeah, I heard about private servers getting priority, possibly, as people are paying for the servers and EA wants them to be populated..so...

Be thankful there's a server browser, at least. Yeah, it's a stupid change, but the server browser is fully capable, and you get to choose what map you want.

#2048 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yea the quick match thing is a pain in the ass.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#2049 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

just favorite some servers (e.g. "epic battles") and just play them all the time, easy.

my friend made his own 24/7 CQ server cause he was sick of the rotating rush/cq crap

#2050 htown01

htown01

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Oh, okay. I understand now. Thanks.

I was looking at the prices and 120 MSP isn't too bad if you want to rent a server for a day. I won a 1600 MSP card a while back, I guess I know how i'll be spending it :)

#2051 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

WTF is this "Rent a Server" thing where you have to PAY? What happened to the good old days of creating private rooms to play multiplayer games? Now you have to pay to have your own private room. Total bullshit.

I am ok with the update although I noticed that my claymores are not as powerful as they used to. Had a couple of dudes running over my claymores at Seine Crossing and were not killed, obviously they killed me since the clays were not effective. Also, I noticed a couple of LMG being too "loose" as compared to before. They used to feel heavy and now they are light like a feather when shooting which feels odd at first. It also takes longer to obtain a 2nd claymore when reloading from an ammo pack...

#2052 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

WTF is this "Rent a Server" thing where you have to PAY? What happened to the good old days of creating private rooms to play multiplayer games? Now you have to pay to have your own private room. Total bullshit.

We pay for disc locked content, we pay for online privileges and now we pay for this. What? No one seems to care so why should they stop finding more ways to empty out our pockets?

#2053 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

Rent a server has been around since the early Battlefields. You're paying for your own piece of dedicated server, so yes it's going to cost something. No reason to complain when there are so many other servers you can play on.

#2054 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

Rent a server has been around since the early Battlefields. You're paying for your own piece of dedicated server, so yes it's going to cost something. No reason to complain when there are so many other servers you can play on.

Never feels like a dedicated server... on the consoles, at least.

#2055 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

I tried to play some conquest matches hosted by dice with the standard BF 3 rules. No luck, I did a search for dice in the browser but I found some, I joined it to only find out that it was not.. It was a pain in the ass to try(never did find one) to find a standard set up.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#2056 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

I won't be able to play until this weekend...but lemme get this straight. I can't do my guided shell/citv station/blow up a butt hurt heli pilot anymore?

Good for me when I'm in the chopper, but bad now that they can own from the sky without risk of getting shot down.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#2057 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

It also takes longer to obtain a 2nd claymore when reloading from an ammo pack...

Correct, this was in their update notes:

Ammobags resupply bullets more quickly, but explosives resupply more slowly, especially 40mm grenades.

Full Update List:
Spoiler

Edited by ArmyOfFun, 05 April 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#2058 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Anyone else looking for someone to play with? I like to play Rush, but might not mind Conquest, TDM or SQDM at times. I'm just getting back into the game, at rank 32. I only have a few people on my list that have it (including HydroX, who seems to own a $150 netflix machine :lol:), but never play.

#2059 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Anyone else looking for someone to play with? I like to play Rush, but might not mind Conquest, TDM or SQDM at times. I'm just getting back into the game, at rank 32. I only have a few people on my list that have it (including HydroX, who seems to own a $150 netflix machine :lol:), but never play.

Feel free to add me, though after this weekend I'm moving so not sure when I'll be able to get on again

#2060 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Feel free to add me, though after this weekend I'm moving so not sure when I'll be able to get on again

Sure. Looks like you might have played a few games. >_>; (pulled up your BF3 log)

#2061 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Sure. Looks like you might have played a few games. >_>; (pulled up your BF3 log)

Haha I shared a system with my roommate so it looks like that, but I only actually play maybe a couple of hours a day. I'll be on in a little bit.

#2062 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Anyone else looking for someone to play with? I like to play Rush

Add me! I like playing Rush but man is it tough with randoms against a team of coordinating guys. Went 0 - 9 w/l last night mostly playing Rush. I feel like I can make a difference on CQ playing alone against good teams but Rush definitely requires teamwork that I don't seem to randomly run into.

#2063 Rhett

Rhett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I've added ArmyOfFun and gotdott.

I noticed Army doesn't have B2K though? I'm also willing to play through the co-op missions again, despite having all of the unlocks. And I have a headset, though my mic is a little touchy at times.

#2064 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

I've added ArmyOfFun and gotdott.

I noticed Army doesn't have B2K though? I'm also willing to play through the co-op missions again, despite having all of the unlocks. And I have a headset, though my mic is a little touchy at times.

True, no B2K for me. I missed the LE deal and I'm a CAG to my core and can't fathom buying anything at full price. I don't mind getting dropped from a server if it rotates to a B2K map.

I've yet to finish the 3rd co-op mission, despite attempting it maybe 5 or 6 times.

A poor mic is usually better than no mic at all. Unless it just sends static or feedback.

#2065 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'll add ya, Rhett, and throw a few of you others a friend request as well. I believe I already have you added, Army, but we've yet to play together. We should get on that. :)

My dog ended up getting caught in my Turtle Beach cord last night and panic-ran, which tugged my Xbox and seems to have knocked loose the fan inside or something. Not sure what's up with that, it was making some crazy noises but quieted down after a bit. Hopefully that doesn't mean the thing's completely screwed.

I can't ever touch the co-op again after having to do it so many times with a buddy...before they nerfed the point requirements for the weapons, we just had to grind the same missions over and over and over. It was fun the first few times, but whoo lawd.
Posted Image

Feel free to add me, CAGs. Could always use another bud to play something with.

#2066 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'll add ya, Rhett, and throw a few of you others a friend request as well. I believe I already have you added, Army, but we've yet to play together. We should get on that. :)

My dog ended up getting caught in my Turtle Beach cord last night and panic-ran, which tugged my Xbox and seems to have knocked loose the fan inside or something. Not sure what's up with that, it was making some crazy noises but quieted down after a bit. Hopefully that doesn't mean the thing's completely screwed.

That sucks about the Xbox, fortunately, they have a reputation for being really solid and well built so I'm sure you'll be fine. ;)

Maybe it's because I don't have B2K but the friends menu seems flakey. Sometimes there's a join button, sometimes there isn't. I honestly don't put much effort into it.

#2067 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

Well I know that i will be the only one with this opinion but some of the changes with the rental server patch have killed BF3 for me.

All these rental servers are crap, I just want to play on an EA server when i hit quick select but nooo I have to get some rich idiot 13 year olds server.

Way to go EA.
Can I have my money back now?
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#2068 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Correct, this was in their update notes:

Full Update List:

Spoiler

Awesome.
:applause:

It has been a couple of months since I last played BF3.
Just lent out my copy of ME3 and was getting ready to go look for all the changes before jumping online.

zantar45.jpg

#2069 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Well I know that i will be the only one with this opinion but some of the changes with the rental server patch have killed BF3 for me.

All these rental servers are crap, I just want to play on an EA server when i hit quick select but nooo I have to get some rich idiot 13 year olds server.

Way to go EA.
Can I have my money back now?

I kinda feel the same way, I'm not sure how to even find the official servers anymore? I looked for dice ea and found some but they were rental servers.:booty: I'll keep check and when I do find them I'll just make them a favorite.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#2070 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Anyone with Battlefield 3 that can do me a favor?
Digital distribution comes with strings.