Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

• Please log in to reply
2325 replies to this topic

#2191 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Like anything else with Battlefield, you will go to the Battlefield store and it will be free if you have premium.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#2192 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Not a fan of player run servers in general, but I was having some good times on some "mics only" servers. Still admin abuse with them but it's almost a different game when everyone is communicating.

#2193 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Well the new update made it a breeze to find severs running regular rules. You can finally search by normal or custom which is sweet.

#2194 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

That's good news about the servers. It seems really boneheaded that it was tough to weed out the player servers in the first place.

Yes, I'm aware of how VIP stuff has been delivered in the past but this Premium thing is unprecedented so I thought that it may be different to reward those who already had Karkand. That seems like a pretty big oversight as the loyal players who would get this are already going to have it. Unfortunately, that just about seals me against it.

#2195 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well the new update made it a breeze to find severs running regular rules. You can finally search by normal or custom which is sweet.

I like this very much.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2196 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

But really that's a fallacy and its not an oversight Gaming seems to be one of the few businesses in which customers expect free content for life. If you bought a car that came with a certain package you wouldn't be entitled to the next years model just because you bought this years model already. Your not entitled to an iPad 2 features just because you bought a iPad 1.

Everyone got b2k for free in a completely separate deal. They fulfilled that deal and are now workin on another. Just because you did one deal doesn't mean you have a right to all future deals until the end of time.

You basically want to be rewarded as you say 4 or 5 times after they rewarded you already.

#2197 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Another note b2k was free if you bought the limited edition....which was te same price as a normal edition. Waaaaa? If you have b2k prem will save you 10 bucks if you somehow don't them it will save you 25.

It's mind boggling. People are upset that they gr some for free 6 months ago so now they want something for free now to make up for it. Gamer confuse me every single day.

#2198 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Its funny. The patch that released with the Rent a server upgrade pushed me away from the game because tanks were crap and I had only heard bad things about the server admins. Now after a month off, I've been playing the game for about a week straight and I haven't run into any issues what so ever with admins kicking me.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#2199 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

That ac130 looks sick, its the only thing that I liked about MW2. The predator missiles too.

I actually prefer playing the custom servers. 75 tickets is way too short, 200% percent tickets is perfect.
I only play on a few maps now, grand bazaar, metro and kharg island. I will play on others sometimes, but I just like those maps a lot. They need to bring backstab back, I can't believe they have not remade that map. Greatest map of all time.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#2200 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Did they nerf the suppressor even more?

For me it is:

Suppressor = get raped
Heavy barrel = raping everyone

#2201 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

I will just buy the close quarters add on and ignore the rest.

Can someone tell me what weapons are used in this trailer? They look very solid and easy to control...

http://www.battlefie.../close-quarters
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#2202 levi333

levi333

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

Wow 2.3 GB just for a update.:shock:

Wasn't there just a 1+ gig update a few months back? I don't know if my HD can take much more!

#2203 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Soodmeg, kind of confused by your rant. I never said I felt entitled to anything. I'm merely weighing if I want to purchase the Premium package. I'm not complaining about them including Karkand but simply saying it makes it less of a deal for me personally. That's all.

They're using the free map packs as a big selling point, obviously. I'm just saying that those likely getting this already were interested in getting the Limited Edition and this have Karkand. It's really not a big deal but it just makes the value less. They can do whatever they like. It's totally optional and I probably won't get it. That's it. I'm sure those that do will enjoy it and good for them. Really not whining about it, just think could have put it more over the top if they swapped in something else.

#2204 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Soodmeg, kind of confused by your rant. I never said I felt entitled to anything. I'm merely weighing if I want to purchase the Premium package. I'm not complaining about them including Karkand but simply saying it makes it less of a deal for me personally. That's all.

They're using the free map packs as a big selling point, obviously. I'm just saying that those likely getting this already were interested in getting the Limited Edition and this have Karkand. It's really not a big deal but it just makes the value less. They can do whatever they like. It's totally optional and I probably won't get it. That's it. I'm sure those that do will enjoy it and good for them. Really not whining about it, just think could have put it more over the top if they swapped in something else.

Well if you were intending to buy the last four packs anyway, you'll save money and get early access. That's the selling point. It's not like total cost = collective cost and a bonus for having karkand would be the dealbreaker.

#2205 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Yes, there is still a slight discount even without that one so if you definitely are going to get each pack at launch and want that exclusive window then it is a great deal. Personally, I'm not sure I will commit this early to all of them at essentially 1000 points each without Karkand.

#2206 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I think I might get premium, need more points though.

The maps are nice but the new weapons, vehicles, double exp and other little bonus are what i'm liking. As i'm pretty bored with the current choice of weapons / vehicles.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#2207 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Are the weapons out now or is that after the ps3 runs out? I am getting it but gonna wait until I can actually use the content.

Also I wasn't really ripping on you gub.

#2208 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Are the weapons out now or is that after the ps3 runs out? I am getting it but gonna wait until I can actually use the content.

Also I wasn't really ripping on you gub.

Not till next week

Watch out on kharg island, RHIB boat glitch.

Idk if this is a new glitch because of the patch, but it is just like the one from BFBC Vietnam. Three attackers on Kharg island were using this glitch the whole game. They could arm and kill without being seen or hit by bullets. The only way to take them out is by using C4.

Ever since the second patch suppressors are shit. I always used them on the ump, m416 and the scar-h. Hell I even used them on them m60 and 240b and they would work great. Have not tried out the ump or m416 without them, but the scar-h is a beast now. I use the holographic sight, flash suppressor and the bipod.

The bipod is very great if you like to control a whole area. So far I have used it on the m60 and m240 (both medium to somewhat longrange with the right setup) F2000 and the scar-h.

#2209 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Cool, sorry to take it the wrong way. Looking forward to the expansions (besides the downloads!) and getting back into the only multiplayer shooter around.

#2210 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

http://www.gameinfor...mored-kill.aspx

ac130 confirmed. I cant wait for that dlc.

#2211 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Does anyone know where you can see a list of all the new weapons coming out with the close quarters DLC? And the premium for that matter?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#2212 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

AUG Assault Rifle
SCAR-L Assault Rifle
ACW-R Carbine
MTAR-21 Carbine
M417 Sniper Rifle
JNG-90 Sniper Rifle
L86LSW Machine Gun
LSAT Machine Gun
MP5K Tactical Machine Pistol
SPAS-12 Shotgun
No other weapons listed not until it gets closer to the next dlc.

#2213 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'll probaby just get premium. I'm not playing CoD anymore and I know I want close quarters and armored kill.

#2214 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'll probaby just get premium. I'm not playing CoD anymore and I know I want close quarters and armored kill.

This. I love that they're actually supporting the game instead of releasing a new one every 6 months. I'll probably rent Black Ops 2 or get it if it ever hits $30, but I'm tired of COD and still loving BF3. Going to get premium ASAP.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#2215 kirby145

kirby145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Not that I care anymore, but suppressors are nerfed because there was no reason to use anything else on your gun unless you were long range sniping.

Hiding you from 3d autospotting is very strong.
Posted Image
Xbox: kirby145x

#2216 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

So I played for the first time again last night in months and had a blast again. One big thing I noticed was how easy it is to get suppression assists now. I really dislike the server rental garbage and have had to favorite a handful of official severs. There really are only a handful left. Perhaps only 2 or 3 playing CQ only, which is what I do. It's funny how easy that used to be to do.

It seems daunting to constantly keep track of what are the best weapons after each update so I just stick to what I know and hope for the best. If anyone is on late ever feel free to join me on the Dice CQ servers.

#2217 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

I played last night and was instantly reminded why this is the only game I havent sold a week after completing. Best MP FPS that has come out in a long time.

More updates, more maps, more everything.

#2218 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

So I played for the first time again last night in months and had a blast again. One big thing I noticed was how easy it is to get suppression assists now. I really dislike the server rental garbage and have had to favorite a handful of official severs. There really are only a handful left. Perhaps only 2 or 3 playing CQ only, which is what I do. It's funny how easy that used to be to do.

It seems daunting to constantly keep track of what are the best weapons after each update so I just stick to what I know and hope for the best. If anyone is on late ever feel free to join me on the Dice CQ servers.

I usually play assault. I just stick with the M4A1 (heavy barrel, Holo and Grip). Anything else feels to jumpy for me.

#2219 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Planning on getting back into this again, not by my xbox right now to check, but the last update I;ve downloaded was the rent-a-server one, are there any more manual ones I'll have to get off the market place or should I be good to go with title updates?

#2220 bear489

bear489

Give me them tags!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

There has been another update since the rent-a-server. If I remember it's 3.2 GB update.