Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

• Please log in to reply
2325 replies to this topic

#2251 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I need someone to partner up with for the co-op missions. I haven't done any of them yet. If you're interested, send me a message here or over xbox live, my gamertag is Bizarro13.

Tonight I'm hoping to get a couple of hours in from about 7 PM PST to 10 PM PST at the latest.

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#2252 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

I feel like a slimmed down rush would have worked on these maps, they're pretty fun to run through

#2253 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Another double xp weekend for premium users only, this weekend.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#2254 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

I'll second that Rush thought. If they could fit Conquest, why not Rush as well? Make it a short (2 sets of MCOMs?), multi-round mode with a tight time limit. The chaos would be glorious.

In case you haven't yet, unlock the SPAS-12 as quickly as possible. It's the weapon de jeur at the moment, and with good reason: slap a holo/red dot sight, extended mag and flechette ammo and it's unstoppable on these small maps. I set a record for kills I doubt I'll be breaking any time soon. Just make sure to aim down sights when using it. For some reason, I found it nearly impossible to hit anyone from any distance when hip-firing, even including point-blank.

Only map I don't like is Scrapmetal/Scrapyard so far. Too layered vertically.
Posted Image

#2255 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

I feel like a slimmed down rush would have worked on these maps, they're pretty fun to run through

No room for deployment, that's why the maps have random spawn points.

#2256 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

No room for deployment, that's why the maps have random spawn points.

Any portion of the map could be cut off and turned into deployment areas, they are more than big enough for a squad rush game mode. If you've played any squad rush map, the designated areas are pretty much all smaller than the CQC maps since it's 2 sets of mcoms

#2257 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'll second that Rush thought. If they could fit Conquest, why not Rush as well? Make it a short (2 sets of MCOMs?), multi-round mode with a tight time limit. The chaos would be glorious.

In case you haven't yet, unlock the SPAS-12 as quickly as possible. It's the weapon de jeur at the moment, and with good reason: slap a holo/red dot sight, extended mag and flechette ammo and it's unstoppable on these small maps. I set a record for kills I doubt I'll be breaking any time soon. Just make sure to aim down sights when using it. For some reason, I found it nearly impossible to hit anyone from any distance when hip-firing, even including point-blank.

Only map I don't like is Scrapmetal/Scrapyard so far. Too layered vertically.

I had my first rage ban from a server using that combo. The host wasn't too happy whenI kept killing him :)

seanr1221.png

#2258 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

I had my first rage ban from a server using that combo. The host wasn't too happy whenI kept killing him :)

The host on mine switched sides early in the match, when things began swaying against his team. I've only been kicked from a server once, for daring to take a jet after the admin and his buddy kept hogging them, sucking, getting shot down, and leaving us to deal with a full airspace of enemy planes and helos on Caspian.

I came back into the game and finished MVP by a country mile, pushing our team from losing to winning. They didn't kick me again after that. :lol:
Posted Image

#2259 bear489

bear489

Give me them tags!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Has anyone unlocked the Show of Force? I've unlocked the 10 weapons of CQ and this morning went by the list to make sure I was using the right guns. I would get my 10 kills and then switch to the next gun on the list till I was done with all them but the achievement never unlocked. Am I missing something?

#2260 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

I would check your battlog and see if you have 10 kills on each one. It would not count kills for the assignments for some people when the premium and cqb assignments came out. It unlocked just fine for me.

#2261 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Has anyone unlocked the Show of Force? I've unlocked the 10 weapons of CQ and this morning went by the list to make sure I was using the right guns. I would get my 10 kills and then switch to the next gun on the list till I was done with all them but the achievement never unlocked. Am I missing something?

Mine unlocked fine last night. Most were half done from playing gun master. So I'm not sure just go thru your guns and make sure they all got 10 use battle log.

#2262 bear489

bear489

Give me them tags!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks, I went to battlelog and two of the guns I only had 4 or 6 kills. I took care of that and the achievement unlocked.

#2263 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Had unlocked 3rd MVP, then 2nd MVP over a few months and finally nabbed 1st MVP playing on the new CQ maps. Fun fun
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2264 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Awesome getting booted right when the match is over and the screen is fading to the stats , all because I was raping.

New maps worth it?

#2265 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Close Quarters is up if you look for it on Xbox.com or if you lookup BF 3 manually in the Game Marketplace. It's only a 56kb file.

#2266 xcoax

xcoax

Friendly Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Is there a CAG Battlefield group that plays regularly? Specifically, I'm interested in playing on the new maps and would love to have more consistent teammates. It really sucks when I start out a round 11-0 and my team is only winning by two points in TDM.

I'm not looking for a super competitive clan or anything, just people that know how to play objective games correctly and use their classes effectively.
Posted Image

#2267 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

My son and I play bf3, will it be necessary to buy 2 bf3 premiums? Or is there a way to buy just one since we are in the same house?

#2268 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

My son and I play bf3, will it be necessary to buy 2 bf3 premiums? Or is there a way to buy just one since we are in the same house?

I don't think the console migration thing will work on BF3 premium, so you'll probably have to buy it twice.

#2269 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

http://battlelog.bat...54783811912991/

Double xp for premium players all week. Non-premium players get 2 and half days.

#2270 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Is there a CAG Battlefield group that plays regularly? Specifically, I'm interested in playing on the new maps and would love to have more consistent teammates. It really sucks when I start out a round 11-0 and my team is only winning by two points in TDM.

I'm not looking for a super competitive clan or anything, just people that know how to play objective games correctly and use their classes effectively.

If you want to play add me. I usually play Rush and TDM on the regular maps but open to play CQ. I've also got the close quarter dlc. So far it's been pretty fun, I would love for others to join as well.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#2271 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/gZjBG.png

Battlefield 4 outed

Formerly known as slickkill77

#2272 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...ighter-trailer/

BF 4 beta access in fall 2013 with purchase of MOH Warfighter.

#2273 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yeah a whole 2 days early access lol. Also this will be tied to the LE Online Pass like the others so just get one of those copies post launch.

#2274 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Can I have some Bad Company 3 please.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2275 htown01

htown01

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Have y'all seen the gameplay for Armored-Kill (link) Whoo-eee, looks awesome :drool:

#2276 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

the return of snow maps wooo

#2277 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

Formerly known as slickkill77

#2278 Anchorhead

Anchorhead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

dat AC-130

Good+Munchies.png

#2279 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Double xp for premium users starts tonight at 8pm ET and ends next Friday at 8pm ET.

#2280 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

I haven't played this in awhile and put it in and seemed like every person who killed me were premium players. Are only the die-hards still playing? I saw on the major nelson blog that it got passed (on the live activity list) by MW2 which really surprised me.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need