World of Goo WiiWare $6.99 on Amazon

[quote name='aaronmills']I already own it for PC and iPad, but bought a copy for my Wii now too. What's wrong with me? :lol:[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with supporting a great developer.

[quote name='aaronmills']I already own it for PC and iPad, but bought a copy for my Wii now too. What's wrong with me? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am so close to doing this--the game is that good.

Just did same thing (minus the the owning an iPad part) I'd like to try out the multiplayer on this version.

I'm sorry I downloaded this for the Wii. It takes up more blocks of memory than any other game I know of (320) vs. other memory heavy games like Sin & Punishment (287) & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (286) and it's just lame even for a puzzle game. I'm sorry to have spent $15 on it. I wouldn't even have paid $7 if I had played it beforehand.

[quote name='Camwi']There's nothing wrong with supporting a great developer.[/QUOTE]

Buying a game three times for three modern platforms is just dumb

sorry

If you want to support the dev, send them a check

[quote name='x_mystery_y']I'm sorry I downloaded this for the Wii. It takes up more blocks of memory than any other game I know of (320) vs. other memory heavy games like Sin & Punishment (287) & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (286) and it's just lame even for a puzzle game. I'm sorry to have spent $15 on it. I wouldn't even have paid $7 if I had played it beforehand.[/QUOTE]

Only person I've encountered that doesn't like World of Goo. Did you give it a fair chance or only play the first few stages? Granted I'm sure some people don't really enjoy this type of game, but can't imagine it ever being described as lame. World of Goo is challenging and makes you think outside of the box to solve a lot of the stages.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Buying a game three times for three modern platforms is just dumb

sorry

If you want to support the dev, send them a check[/QUOTE]

I buy pretty much every Worms release for every console other than iPad/iPod Touch since I don't own one. I don't care at all for the devs really because the games are a bit buggy and they are slow to fix them. Even with the bugs I love Worms games so much that I just have to buy every release on every platform. A few other games I would buy both the console and PC versions like World of Goo. Extremely rare I'd buy identical or nearly identical games for multiple consoles though, Worms is probably the only game I've done it for. However buying PC/console/mobile device (iPod/iPad) for something like World of Goo seems pretty normal if you really love the game.

[quote name='aem']I buy pretty much every Worms release for every console other than iPad/iPod Touch since I don't own one. I don't care at all for the devs really because the games are a bit buggy and they are slow to fix them. Even with the bugs I love Worms games so much that I just have to buy every release on every platform. A few other games I would buy both the console and PC versions like World of Goo. Extremely rare I'd buy identical or nearly identical games for multiple consoles though, Worms is probably the only game I've done it for. However buying PC/console/mobile device (iPod/iPad) for something like World of Goo seems pretty normal if you really love the game.[/QUOTE]

Good deal sorry I was being a prick

Additionally, the direct download of the pc version is $6.95 right now on amazon.

Just a FYI in case anyone would rather have it on pc, or doesn't have a wii but wants to get in on the deal and try out this great game.

thanks a ton, OP! i've been wanting to get this, but not for 15$. i just hope i play it more than i do the only other wiiware game i purchased (Swords & Soldiers - great game btw, just wish i'd have waited cuz ps3 version has online multiplayer). was thinking about holding the code for a trade, but it's downloading right now :). i've been turning my Wii on ALOT since last May (tons of great titles), so i'm sure i'll start to play my Wiiware purchases.

[quote name='aem']Wait, what? There is multiplayer on the Wii????[/QUOTE]

Yep! I haven't tried it yet, though I believe it's co-op for up to four people.

[quote name='soonersfan60']oh, I thought this was a disc release of the game...[/QUOTE]

I updated the orig subject line. No offense intended, but if you clicked through you would have seen it was WiiWare only.

That being said, World of Goo is one of the most successful WiiWare releases ever--the developer claims the demo that was available last year was one of the biggest contributors to its success. I'm glad Nintendo has ramped up the demos again--I just hope its not too late.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I did not click through because I was assuming I would have had to come up with another $18.01 to get free super saver shipping. :p[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Well played sir. Well played ;-)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They don't. This was the first WiiWare game that was put up on Amazon and nothing else has been added in the past two years. Virtual Console games weren't on there the last time I checked, so I guess that's better than nothing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/22/wiiware-games-appear-on-amazon/[/QUOTE]

Welp, check again. All for Wiiware/Virtual Console:

Super Mario Bros. 3 - $4.99
Paper Mario - $9.99
Mario Kart 64 - $9.99
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - $7.99
Pokemon Rumble - $14.99
Metroid - $4.99
Super Metroid - $7.99
Dr. Mario Online Rx - $9.99

I also bought this on the humble indie bundle for PC a while back. Though for those who have it on the wii (and possibly played on pc as well) how are the controls on the wii?
Is the Co-op on this fun?

[quote name='x_mystery_y']I'm sorry I downloaded this for the Wii. It takes up more blocks of memory than any other game I know of (320) vs. other memory heavy games like Sin & Punishment (287) & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (286) and it's just lame even for a puzzle game. I'm sorry to have spent $15 on it. I wouldn't even have paid $7 if I had played it beforehand.[/QUOTE]

World of Goo is an amazing game, easily worth $7. Simple premise, but very creative. Every level builds in a new mechanic or twist on the simple initial premise, so it keeps you playing just to see whats in the next level. But I'm a big fan of physics based puzzle games.

bread's done
Back