Ultimate Electronics Going out of business

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 1969iggy

1969iggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

This is a non0deal at this point. The only thing worth checking out would be new releases if there were no other discounts anywhere else.

Wait until the price cuts really start in earnest... at CC there was a 2-3 day window (1 day for really good deals on hot items) where they went from like 25-50 off everything to 40-70% off everything. That's when i bought a few things, but most good stuff is gone by then.

(50% of a Blu Ray was $15 at a time when 20 was customary.... but when it hit 60% off, i couldn't resist Flags of out Fathers and Letter from Iwo Jima for $26 combined...)

I'll post for the albany, NY store as cuts happen that i'm aware of.
The three things you need to survive a gun fight:
1) Act Aggressively without hesitation
2) Act Violently without mercy
3) Get Lucky

#32 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

I will miss it. They usually had great DVD/blu ray prices.

Tucson here and I called them up a few days ago and the guy I talked to said to anticipate a higher deal percent soon. My money is on today and I am going to try and swing by after work to check. I would think they will drop nationwide about the same time. I have my eye on a heavily discounted psp go.

#33 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

If you have one of these around might be worth checking out. We all know how these sales go but who knows.

This is the store that took Circuit City's old building here and did even worse apparently. Sad because I got my xbox360 for $150 there before xmas.

Is that a fellow 518 CaG??

Looking for Complete and Very Good - Mint Original Xbox games and Accessories. Please take a look at my list for trades :)

http://www.cheapassg...-original-xbox/

#34 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

I didn't even realize we had this store in my area until this past weekend when I saw the store and the closing signs. I do not bother with liquidation sales though since most of the time they are a scam. I also don't like participating in the rabid crowds when there really aren't any true deals to be had. I can get any electronics I need online for cheaper prices.

#35 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

I walked into one when visiting a friend in the St. Charles, Missouri area.

Place was overpriced on most everything we looked at. We were basically just browsing around to kill some time.

The employees were pretty friendly though.

#36 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Is that a fellow 518 CaG??

Yup, Schenectady.

#37 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

They had stuff no other chains carried around here, like exotic speakers and Mits DLPs (even LaserVue). Sorry to see them go--with CC gone, they should have had a niche to make if not for the economy (my guess anyway).

#38 jimijumper

jimijumper

Deathlike Silence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

15%
Cameras

20%
DVD
Blu Ray
Console Video Games
Headphones

25%
Camcorders

30%
PC Games
Video Game Accessories

40%
Copy Paper

50%
Sharper Image crap (wine bottle openers and the like)

#39 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

eneloop batteries .... 40%

absolutely the BEST and what I bought was at least 25% less than the lowest Amazon price before shipping

#40 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:42 AM

I walked into one when visiting a friend in the St. Charles, Missouri area.

Place was overpriced on most everything we looked at. We were basically just browsing around to kill some time.

The employees were pretty friendly though.

Holy crap, it's a Rig invasion. :shock:

That store isn't going to be any different than the other ones, so you saw them all in one sitting.

eneloop batteries .... 40%

absolutely the BEST and what I bought was at least 25% less than the lowest Amazon price before shipping

That alone might be worth a run over there. Thanks for the info.

#41 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

That would be appreciated. I'm in Troy, and only set foot in the place twice -- I'll be happy to pop in again if they start slashing prices.
Posted Image

#42 Pollox

Pollox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

That would be appreciated. I'm in Troy, and only set foot in the place twice -- I'll be happy to pop in again if they start slashing prices.

Seconded. Well, I've only been inside the place once (I spent the time scoffing at their terrible prices), but the rest of that applies to me too.

#43 KhrevalBruuk

KhrevalBruuk

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:28 PM

I stopped into the UE in Albuquerque, NM, today. PS3 games are 30% off (original ticketed prices), and both Wii and 360 games are 20% off.

I did find a copy of :ps3: Buzz World with the four controllers marked at $39.99, so after the discount $28. I was pleased.

Blu-rays are 25%, or 30% if you buy five or more.

#44 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

I actually worked for Ultimate Electronics back in 2003 here in Minnesota. All commission-based pay, 55-60+ hours every week. It was tough . . . that being said, back when I worked there, we were VERY well trained (three weeks of sales and technology training prior to starting on the floor) and knowledgable about all the products we sold, including the high end stuff: Krell, Def-tech.

I made a lot of money during my time there and know some guys who will be losing their jobs now . . .
But, yes, they were definitely going for the lowest common denominator now. I'll probably stop in and say bye.
Posted Image

#45 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

The only thing that looked appealing were 19" computer monitors for $100 after discount. That's after I realized that they're $100 brand new on Amazon. Thankfully I didn't buy one.

#46 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

I got a SFIV TE stick for $90. Good buy.

#47 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

Holy crap, it's a Rig invasion. :shock:

That store isn't going to be any different than the other ones, so you saw them all in one sitting.

I actually thought about ya, shrike, while I was down there. Didn't exactly know what area you were from specifically...but I was sure you were a St. Louis CAG (or, close to it).

#48 bdude70

bdude70

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

Any updates on the Albany store? Last time I went a couple weeks ago movies were 20% off and games were 15% off. That's not enough for me to drive there from Clifton Park. Stupid gas prices.

#49 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:01 AM

Any updates on the Albany store? Last time I went a couple weeks ago movies were 20% off and games were 15% off. That's not enough for me to drive there from Clifton Park. Stupid gas prices.

Thats MY store! hehe

Looking for Complete and Very Good - Mint Original Xbox games and Accessories. Please take a look at my list for trades :)

http://www.cheapassg...-original-xbox/