Halo Reach LE $20 at Wal-Mart (Possible YMMV)

obeast

CAGiversary!
I was at the Wal-Mart in Los Banos, Ca. earlier to pick up stuff for the Super Bowl and went by the electronics section to see what they have, which I usually do. I saw and picked up a copy of Halo Reach LE for $20 at the clearance table by the electronics registers. Like the title says, this seems very YMMV, but it wouldn't hurt to check your local store(s) for this deal.

Edit: The LE I got came with a journal and some downloadable armor for multiplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='obeast']I was at the Wal-Mart in Los Banos, Ca. earlier to pick up stuff for the Super Bowl and went by the electronics section to see what they have, which I usually do. I saw and picked up a copy of Halo Reach LE for $20 at the clearance table by the electronics registers. Like the title says, this seems very YMMV, but it wouldn't hurt to check your local store(s) for this deal.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you mean Limited Edition, but just for the sake of clarity, you should state which LE you're talking about.

[quote name='obeast']I was at the Wal-Mart in Los Banos, Ca. earlier to pick up stuff for the Super Bowl and went by the electronics section to see what they have, which I usually do. I saw and picked up a copy of Halo Reach LE for $20 at the clearance table by the electronics registers. Like the title says, this seems very YMMV, but it wouldn't hurt to check your local store(s) for this deal.[/QUOTE]

damn really???did they have anymore???I stay in Fresno only an hour drive but don't know if it's really worth it. I'll be passing by there in 2 weeks but doubt there would still be anymore there

[quote name='sadboy']I'm pretty sure you mean Limited Edition, but just for the sake of ease of clarification, you should state which LE you're talking about.[/QUOTE]
It's in a black box that comes with a journal, and some downloadable armor for multiplayer. I'm sure it's probably the cheapest LE (if there are different LEs), but it's still pretty good for $20 if you decide to eBay it or whatever.

[quote name='AJVtony831']damn really???did they have anymore???I stay in Fresno only an hour drive but don't know if it's really worth it. I'll be passing by there in 2 weeks but doubt there would still be anymore there[/QUOTE]
They had three more on the table when I got mine. The price tag had a date of 2/4/11, so I guess either they were sitting there for a while or they have a ton in the back.

[quote name='obeast']It's in a black box that comes with a journal, and some downloadable armor for multiplayer. I'm sure it's probably the cheapest LE (if there are different LEs), but it's still pretty good for $20 if you decide to eBay it or whatever.

They had three more on the table when I got mine. The price tag had a date of 2/4/11, so I guess either they were sitting there for a while or they have a ton in the back.[/QUOTE]

thanks!I'll check it out when I head out that way on 2/18 on my way to the central coast

[quote name='obeast']It's in a black box that comes with a journal, and some downloadable armor for multiplayer. I'm sure it's probably the cheapest LE (if there are different LEs), but it's still pretty good for $20 if you decide to eBay it or whatever.

They had three more on the table when I got mine. The price tag had a date of 2/4/11, so I guess either they were sitting there for a while or they have a ton in the back.[/QUOTE]
The other LE that I was referring to is the one with the statue and the LE you bought. :whistle2:#

It's legen... wait for it... dary. Just kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']The other LE that I was referring was the one with the statue and the LE you bought. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
I dig. I kinda wish I got the statue one, but I'm sure I did okay.

Also, I updated the OP to clarify which LE I saw/got.

I would love to pick this up for this price but I loathe the thought of being inside Walmart. The only reason I ever go there is to purchase 5qt. Castrol synthetic oil for my oil changes and I usually buy about 5 to minimize my visits.

[quote name='jazzman']I would love to pick this up for this price but I loathe the thought of being inside Walmart. The only reason I ever go there is to purchase 5qt. Castrol synthetic oil for my oil changes and I usually buy about 5 to minimize my visits.[/QUOTE]

WOW! Well whoopty Sh*t

I didn't even see my walmart have it in display on the shelf when I went earlier. They had it in stock when I looked online though.......

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Hmm I'll try calling them. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

lol if this was slickdeals, they would crucify you would for that comment.

[quote name='DV8']lol if this was slickdeals, they would crucify you would for that comment.[/QUOTE]

Never call is a good rule. If it's a price mistake, you're just telling them to fix it. If it's a ridiculously good deal, the guy who answers the phone will have the entire stock in his car 5 minutes after he told you they were out because you alerted him to the deal.

[quote name='sadboy']The other LE that I was referring to is the one with the statue and the LE you bought. :whistle2:#

It's legen... wait for it... dary. Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

So does the "Just kidding." mean you realized someone referring to Limited Edition as LE is a valid option, whereas thinking LE refers to Legendary is both grammatically absurd and logically obtuse? :)

[quote name='badramen']So does the "Just kidding." mean you realized someone referring to Limited Edition as LE is a valid option, whereas thinking LE refers to Legendary is both grammatically absurd and logically obtuse? :)[/QUOTE]

It was a HIMYM reference.

bread's done
Back