Photo
- - - - -

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame Collection only $19.99 used $17.99 for 360

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 Docsamson

Docsamson

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Just ordered through Walmart, actually will get it a few days sooner sent to my house for .99 rather than free to store. I already love Pinball FX, so I'm psyched to get more tables to play!

#122 clockworkgreen

clockworkgreen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for the Wal-Mart link. Also went with the $.97 shipping option. $19.70-something shipped to VA.

#123 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

I'm definitely interested in Pinball FX, but I'm going to wait out a sale on XBLA. I'm hoping with the interest in a discount on the Marvel tables that they will just do a whole week of all the Pinbal FX tables on sale. If so I'm going to need some more points!

#124 aem

aem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Pinball FX is crap compared to this game. I'm not saying Pinball FX is bad, but this game is that awesome.

Some people seem to have called the Wii version bad? It plays exactly the same as the other versions. It just doesn't have the few newer tables and graphics aren't as sharp (but they are just fine). I started with this game on Wii and then got it again when it came out on Xbox 360. I also have the awesome PSP version (which doesn't have the added tables either unfortunately).

Yeah Gottlieb isn't nearly as fun. It is mostly the same game, but with not so good tables. I have it for PS2 and PSP. I'm eventually going to get the newer Wii version. If you are a huge pinball fan like me I recommend picking it up, but you aren't missing much by not having it.

Interesting if a Pinball Hall of Fame is coming out for 3DS. Maybe if we are lucky they will release the updated version with new tables on NGP. Although I can play on split screens, it obviously is not best for pinball. But if you have a DSi or XL I do still recommend buying the DSi Ware game Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon. It is a pretty solid table.

#125 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

got 2 from Walmart.

Thanks. Really hate to give that company money but oh well
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#126 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

Just wanted to mention to people, if you're interested in the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for PSP new, Walmart has it for $10.00 even per copy. Use site-to-store and you won't pay any shipping, just tax (1.00 in VA for 2 copies). Didn't want to create a new thread just for the PSP version, so here is the link:

http://www.walmart.c...PSP-PSP/5996710

This is a very good price for the PSP version, which is really an excellent port.

Edited by chimpmeister, 17 February 2011 - 02:56 AM.

#127 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:50 AM

Just wanted to mention to people, if you're interested in the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for PSP new, Walmart has it for $10.00 even per copy. Use site-to-store and you won't pay any shipping, just tax (1.00 in VA for 2 copies). Didn't want to create a new thread just for the PSP version, so here is the link:

http://www.walmart.c...PSP-PSP/5996710

This is a very good price for the PSP version, which is really an excellent port.

Thanks for the post about this, picked one up 8-)

#128 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

Just found the 360 version @ my local Target on clearance for $5.02 (YMMV of course). Looks like I'll be returning my Wal-Mart copy! There's still a couple more left. Would have snagged for TIV but it's not worth the hassle for $1 when someone else can get a good deal out of it instead.

#129 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

Just found the 360 version @ my local Target on clearance for $5.02 (YMMV of course). Looks like I'll be returning my Wal-Mart copy! There's still a couple more left. Would have snagged for TIV but it's not worth the hassle for $1 when someone else can get a good deal out of it instead.

Thats a fantastic deal for the 360 version! For some reason its much harder to find than the PS3 version (which is also excellent).

FYI I was at a local WalMart yesterday and saw multiple copies of the Williams Pinball collection for PSP @ $10.00 per copy in the store; a great deal for the PSP version of this game, which is also excellent. The PSP version is also available online at WalMart.com.

#130 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

$5.02 is an odd price-- was it perhaps an online return, and not clearance?

#131 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Target.com now shows it as an online item for $20, so likely those were online returns. Maybe there was a reprint of the 360 version.

#132 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

$5.02 is an odd price-- was it perhaps an online return, and not clearance?

It's funny you ask that. I would have never thought it was an online return. However, the clearance sticker did say "online item" so that's probably the case.

#133 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:33 AM

Target.com now shows it as an online item for $20, so likely those were online returns. Maybe there was a reprint of the 360 version.

I agree, this game for 360 was sold out everywhere and going up on Ebay, then suddenly more copies appeared at Walmart.com, Toys R Us, Target, and even Amazon (through a 3rd party but fairly cheap) have appeared. They must have done a reprint of the 360 version due to its scarcity. Same for the PSP version which was disappearing as well. Great for people who didn't get the game upon release!

#134 ArtificialEnemy

ArtificialEnemy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:04 AM

For all of those pinball fans out there you might want to check vpforums.org . This site focuses on visual pinball which is a emulator for the pc plus has hundreds of fan made tables from bally, sega, williams, gottlieb, and many more.

I am not affiliated with this site other than getting pinball tables from them for my home built pinball 2 monitor cabinet setup. For anybody interested check them out. Also best thing is it's free with a limited amount of downloads.

#135 bugeeker

bugeeker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Just to update, GoHastings.com has Williams Pinball on sale for $12.27 shipped ($9.99+S&H). They have it for both PS3 and 360, new.

I bagged a copy, looking forward to trying it now you all have hyped it up!
I've been enjoying Marvel Pinball on my PS3, a $10 download. It doesn't strike me as amazing but it's pretty good.

#136 AMadcap

AMadcap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Seeing the 360 price as $14.99, but they have the Wii version as well for $9.99. Will probably wait and see if I can snag a copy somewhere a bit cheaper.