Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/13/11 to 2/19/11)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 theironunkind

theironunkind

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

trying to get biggest loser and dance central from amazon but there is no discount - shows as $95 and change

#92 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by thanossurfer
Here is the plan:

Use the Red card at Target and get 5 percent off (basically not pay tax)
Buy PS3 for $304 and get $50 gift card
Use gift card to buy Just Dance 2 for $40.40 and get Just Dance kids free!
Still have about $10 on gift card as well

Get the PS3 @ BB price matching the Target deal it'll cost $250 plus $5 in rewards certs.

How? Does BB minus the gift card for matching purposes?

ITDEFX
Price match is ur best friend or wait for 2 for $20-$30, walmart/kmart/barnes&noble/target I buy 90% @ BB 75% PM'd & paid w/gift cards+RZ certs.
Thanosurfer
hell yeah BB price match will deduct the GC amount make sure u have a copy of their policy printed out or available on ur smartphone & go to CS to make the purchase though I've had to show numerous CS reps their own $hit and they're like "wow we do this" also there's a coupon the will net u a $25 gift card for spending at least $250.

Captain Andreas
BB will PM a printed ad they'll just verify it on their PC or show it to them on ur smartphone.

#93 lostfan

lostfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

ITDEFX
Price match is ur best friend or wait for 2 for $20-$30, walmart/kmart/barnes&noble/target I buy 90% @ BB 75% PM'd & paid w/gift cards+RZ certs.
Thanosurfer
hell yeah BB price match will deduct the GC amount make sure u have a copy of their policy printed out or available on ur smartphone & go to CS to make the purchase though I've had to show numerous CS reps their own $hit and they're like "wow we do this" also there's a coupon the will net u a $25 gift card for spending at least $250.

Captain Andreas
BB will PM a printed ad they'll just verify it on their PC or show it to them on ur smartphone.

I've had Bestbuy deny the giftcard matching (when Madden 11 had the $25 gift card at ToysRus). They said they didn't price match 'free' which is what the gift card was with purchase. I told them their policy said they did but they said I was wrong. I wound up buying it from ToysRus and called Bestbuy Silver help line and asked if they could explain why I was denied when their policy appear to me to show they should have matched. The guy said I was correct and sent me the giftcard even though I didn't buy it from Bestbuy.

The point is (after all that) even though you will be right, doesn't mean the employee will recognize that you are right and you'll get it matched. I've had terrible luck with BB customer service instore, but never a problem on the phone when I call and they make it right.

#94 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

I wish the prices for the Best Buy games were better. Even with the Buy one, get one half off deal, you can get a better price at Gamestop
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#95 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

I've had Bestbuy deny the giftcard matching (when Madden 11 had the $25 gift card at ToysRus). They said they didn't price match 'free' which is what the gift card was with purchase. I told them their policy said they did but they said I was wrong. I wound up buying it from ToysRus and called Bestbuy Silver help line and asked if they could explain why I was denied when their policy appear to me to show they should have matched. The guy said I was correct and sent me the giftcard even though I didn't buy it from Bestbuy.

The point is (after all that) even though you will be right, doesn't mean the employee will recognize that you are right and you'll get it matched. I've had terrible luck with BB customer service instore, but never a problem on the phone when I call and they make it right.

Did u physically show them their policy? I had a similar problem when I bought Blur and TRU was offering a $40!!! GC. Dorothy a BB rep. contacted me thru the BB forums page done deal. No matter what buy the item and get one of their reps. thru the forums page will make it right. I stick by BB b/c their policies and the best for me plus I get reg. RZ points, gamers points plus the xtra points for being a RZ silver member.

#96 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

Went to Best Buy, they had jack shit for $19.99. The only passable game that I would of got for $19.99 was eternal sonata but I could not even find a 2nd game to go with it that was not shovelware. I looked at the PSP, Wii, DS and PS3 and all of those sucked. Oh well, it only cost me 15 mins, nothing lost.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#97 lostfan

lostfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:37 AM

Did u physically show them their policy? I had a similar problem when I bought Blur and TRU was offering a $40!!! GC. Dorothy a BB rep. contacted me thru the BB forums page done deal. No matter what buy the item and get one of their reps. thru the forums page will make it right. I stick by BB b/c their policies and the best for me plus I get reg. RZ points, gamers points plus the xtra points for being a RZ silver member.

What do you mean by Bestbuy forums page? I should probably learn about that.

I didn't have a print out of their policy but I knew it because I read it beforehand. I kept asking the lady if she could explain or get someone to explain why it didn't qualify and she said she couldn't help me because it didn't qualify and asked if I still wanted it. At one point I said, you realize I can just go across the street to ToysRus and get this........is that what you want me to do? She replied with something about the price at Bestbuy and asked if I wanted it. I was more ticked that she never explained why it didn't qualify or get someone for me would explain it because it seemed to fit (and apparently did). THe guy on the phone made it all right later on. I like best buy, I don't always have the best success with their in store people (when I price matched Target buy 2 get 1 free............ I did it 2 seperate days with the same manager both days. The first time, no problem, took 30 seconds or less. The second time, he looked over the ad, took and it left for a while, came back, looked it over again, called someone else to look it over...eventually matched it, but I wanted to say "YOU MATCHED THIS YESTERDAY WITHOUT ISSUE... DON"T YOU REMEMBER?".

I always go to best buy......reward zone bonus is worth the hassle, plus when they screw it up in store, you usually get a little more when they make it right over the phone for your hassle.

#98 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

Target (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

LouieT? :cry:

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#99 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

Lostfan
the BB forums page is on their website, very bottom right hand side under "get connected" click on community forums.

I always keep a copy of their policy saved in my phone which also gives me access to the other add. I don't have problems doin PM anymore since I do it so much the CS reps know me and know I have my receipt always and my $hit is 2gether. PPl in line behind me ask ?'s when they see all the $hit I buy and then see the total lol.

#100 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

I got Dance Central, and Kinect Sports. When I got home and entered the 240MS points card it took me from 1400 to 2600. I was shocked. :shock:

#101 thewrathoffluffy

thewrathoffluffy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

This happened to me as well when I got it a couple weeks ago. It's definitely a glitch. It says that you've redeemed a "240 point" code, but it adds 1200 points to your account. It definitely sweetens the deal!

#102 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

I picked up Mario Sports Mix at TRU. They did not have any kid size shirts. Also, I picked up EA Sports Active 2.0 for $19.99. Which I may return and re-buy with the $10 gc that came with MSM.

mer71.jpg

#103 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

Nice - I just redeemed my "240 point" card from Dance Central. BAM - +1200 points. \\:D/

#104 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:01 AM

I gave it a shot but the double stack at TRU didn't work. Tried Just Dance and Just Dance 2 and only 1 game came up 50%. Also, if you try to stack one of the eligible Wii games with Mario Sports Mix, you'll get 50% off Mario Sports Mix but the gift card promo is eliminated (although I still got a free Mario shirt). Looks like the TRU glitches are pretty much getting closed up now.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#105 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

I just picked up test drive unltd 2 last night at bestbuy for $40 price matching targets $10 gc deal. Pretty sweet I thought considering you get 10 off and the aston martin dbs.

#106 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

I gave it a shot but the double stack at TRU didn't work. Tried Just Dance and Just Dance 2 and only 1 game came up 50%. Also, if you try to stack one of the eligible Wii games with Mario Sports Mix, you'll get 50% off Mario Sports Mix but the gift card promo is eliminated (although I still got a free Mario shirt). Looks like the TRU glitches are pretty much getting closed up now.

hey if you get 1/2 off mario sports mix ($25 off) isnt that way better than the $10GC that you are giving up??

#107 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

hey if you get 1/2 off mario sports mix ($25 off) isnt that way better than the $10GC that you are giving up??

It is, assuming I was getting Michael Jackson with Mario Sports Mix. But I was hoping I'd get the $10 GC included as well. So that glitch was fixed.

Edited by Donut2922, 10 February 2011 - 07:17 AM.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#108 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Is Brain annd Body connection included in the Kinect Best Buy deal B&M? Doesn't look llike it is available online.
Posted Image

#109 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for posting this! gonna go try this tomorrow hoping that they haven't fixed the glitch yet.

#110 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Is Body and Brain connection for Kinect worth it?

#111 lostfan

lostfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Lostfan
the BB forums page is on their website, very bottom right hand side under "get connected" click on community forums.

I always keep a copy of their policy saved in my phone which also gives me access to the other add. I don't have problems doin PM anymore since I do it so much the CS reps know me and know I have my receipt always and my $hit is 2gether. PPl in line behind me ask ?'s when they see all the $hit I buy and then see the total lol.

Thanks for the info on the forum. Good to know.

#112 spectreon

spectreon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:00 AM

BB for the win this week

Picked up Kick Ass BR/DVD/DC combo for $13 tues
Got 2 $20 games for $30 on Fri + Kinect 250G console
Got 2 Kinect games for $70

Plus a ton of reward zone and gamer zone points for future GC's!!!