Photo
- - - - -

[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#31 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

No one is certain, but Gamestop's listing gives the following details:

I'm still waiting for $15 or less.

That's true, but my thinking is because they are already listing the game as pre-owned, maybe a bunch of silly fools traded in their complete copies. Who knows...I'd cry because I drove 100 some miles to get a copy.
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#32 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

WOW, f*** you, Nintendo.

There goes your resale value for the 500 copies you have in your garage.

Do you not understand what a "Limited Edition" is, and how it varies from a "Standard Edition"? It's kind of like the Mass Effect lithographs - there are only 300-500 of each, hence their value. The entire purpose of a "Limited Edition" is to be collectible (limited), not to put a copy in the hand of every interested party.

This isn't the same as printing more of a rare game.

Problem is, most so called Limited Edition have unlimited quantities. You know, Halo, EA titles, etc...

#33 taccord1986

taccord1986

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I personally think it is kinda funny i sold about 3 copys on ebay for 80 bucks a piece. and have one sealed copy left i find it funny that they are coming out with it again.

#34 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

LOL, I'm glad I finally got around to selling my extra copy off three days ago.

#35 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

Do you not understand what a "Limited Edition" is, and how it varies from a "Standard Edition"? It's kind of like the Mass Effect lithographs - there are only 300-500 of each, hence their value. The entire purpose of a "Limited Edition" is to be collectible (limited), not to put a copy in the hand of every interested party.

This isn't the same as printing more of a rare game.

Do you not understand that Nintendo never put a specific limit on how many copies of this they would press? Do you also understand that Nintendo has no interest in selling you a $30 item that you are going to turn around and flip for three times that amount while giving them none of your profit? The only limitation they placed on this release was that it would be available for a "limited time". Nintendo has kept that promise as it has only been available for the last three months and after this run, it may not be available any longer. In any event, it won't be in print forever, so it is in fact a limited edition.

#36 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

That's true, but my thinking is because they are already listing the game as pre-owned, maybe a bunch of silly fools traded in their complete copies. Who knows...I'd cry because I drove 100 some miles to get a copy.

It's very possible that GS kept the listing as-is for the used copies, and just set that up as the listing for the reprint. Which means the reprint may not include the sdtk, booklet, etc.

#37 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

Aren't all of these games available for less as downloadable games from Nintendo? It's not like this was the only way to get these games if people really wanted them that much; it's the limited edition part that made people want it.

Are they the updated versions or the vanilla NES releases, also is Lost Levels available?

I don't download much from the Ninty store these days due to the shitty DRM.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#38 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Are they the updated versions or the vanilla NES releases, also is Lost Levels available?

I don't download much from the Ninty store these days due to the shitty DRM.

Not sure but that's a valid point. I do know lost levels is available because it's the only one I actually have. No idea which versions they are though.

#39 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

I assume Amazon will follow suit pretty soon, but I suppose I'm not going to miss out on this again (despite wishing they had actually decided to, you know, update an 18 year old package with, say.. Super Mario World or something... alas), so I've pre-ordered my copy.

#40 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

they should have a slight difference to this package to separate it from the actual first run.

#41 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Not sure but that's a valid point. I do know lost levels is available because it's the only one I actually have. No idea which versions they are though.

They are the updated versions that were made for the original Super Mario All Stars, to my knowledge... This is essentially an exact port (with a 480p update I think).

#42 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

I'm glad I literally just sold off my copy about 5 days ago. I only got around $60 for it, but still. I'll just buy one of the reprints.

Posted Image

#43 taccord1986

taccord1986

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

man if they included super mario world that would be freakin awesome

#44 RedEagleEX

RedEagleEX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

I saw this coming for a while. Especially when this Article popped up a few months ago:

http://www.wired.com...-all-stars-wii/

Seems like they are going through with it after all.

#45 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

they should have a slight difference to this package to separate it from the actual first run.

This seems like it would be an easy way to make everyone happy which means it would never happen.

#46 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

I'm pre-order two copies one to play and one keep sealed and sell to you guys down the road in about 5-10 years... ;)

Edit: Thanks for posting OP!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

They are the updated versions that were made for the original Super Mario All Stars, to my knowledge... This is essentially an exact port (with a 480p update I think).

port of all stars (without world) = yes

480p = no

#48 cttooch

cttooch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

just tried to order it and it said unavailable

#49 RedEagleEX

RedEagleEX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

LOL!! Did it sold out already?! XD Good thing I purchased ASAP when I saw this Thread!

#50 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

WTF?? It vanished off Gamestop’s site.

#51 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

Good thing I got rid of mine just in time.I think I paid $30.xx each for three copies. I got $100.xx for my two sealed ones and $80 for my opened one.

Might pick up a couple more. :lol:

#52 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

just tried to order it and it said unavailable

Maybe they sold out again...?:lol:

It might have been a mistake... maybe they meant to list it for preowned or something?

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#53 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

looks like it may have been a mistake..

I do think it'll be reprinted, but not as a 25th anniversary edition. I think it'll just be the games in a standard case.

#54 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

(I realize this costs more, so ignoring the price) Is this version preferable to the Virtual Console versions or vice versa?

#55 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

(I realize this costs more, so ignoring the price) Is this version preferable to the Virtual Console versions or vice versa?

This version has better graphics.

#56 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

I wonder if Nintendo will be releasing a 25th Anniversary set for Zelda? The game originally came out feb 21st 1986 so a March release in the US would make sense. We would have probably heard about it by now though.

#57 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

Not really... unless you want the artbook or soundtrack. I didn't really care for the soundtrack but the artbook was definitely neat.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#58 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

The soundtrack itself is a major disappointment, primarily by how weak the track list is.

#59 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

I wonder if Nintendo will be releasing a 25th Anniversary set for Zelda? The game originally came out feb 21st 1986 so a March release in the US would make sense. We would have probably heard about it by now though.

That would have been nice.

#60 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

I can't find the link anywhere. How do I get to this through the gamestop website?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png