Photo
- - - - -

[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#91 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

Saying something "really" is limited is not the same as saying we will only be doing one run. In fact, it was pretty clear when Toys R Us got additional stock after the initial sell-out in December that there have likely been multiple runs already. I really don't get why people are so concerned about this. All of us have our copy and paid MSRP or less, so who cares if other people get the chance? Would you not have purchased this if you knew other people would have the chance to own it too? Totally ridiculous.

I think there were initial reallocations of stock or an extended run when they saw the preorders sell well. Who knows how long it takes ToysRUs to move items to stores. I agree that there really is no legal definition for limited, but this was definitely marketed by Nintendo as "hurry get it before it's gone" more than any other game in recent memory.

And yes, as a CAG I probably would not have bought it at launch if it didn't appear limited. I would have waited to bargain bin it at $10 or less. Great games, but been there done that. The "collectibility" of it is the main reason a lot of people bought it.

#92 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

I can't find it on the website. I also just called the GS I normally go to for preorders and they're telling me it's not in their system x_x.

#93 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

Good deal - looks like it's time to sell my original copy.

#94 profanedic

profanedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

I am not sure why anyone thinks Nintendo has any interest in keeping the original as a valuable resale item. They make absolutely no money off of that, and there is probably a demand from regular consumers for this game, with the book and CD. If the demand is there, they should make more of these and sell them. All games work this way, and you guys are crazy for thinking that Nintendo would do anything other than try to make as much money as possible off of this.

No one is saying no to the reprint as a whole, people just want the ones they bought two months ago and say limited edition on them to be limited. You are right, companies are in the business of making money, but they can also keep their items at high values by doing limited and collectors editions that are truly just that and selling the game by itself as well.

Companies being so quick to overproduce and do reprints is why a lot of times you are able to buy the collectors and limited editions pretty cheaply after a few months.

#95 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

I am not sure why anyone thinks Nintendo has any interest in keeping the original as a valuable resale item. They make absolutely no money off of that, and there is probably a demand from regular consumers for this game, with the book and CD. If the demand is there, they should make more of these and sell them. All games work this way, and you guys are crazy for thinking that Nintendo would do anything other than try to make as much money as possible off of this.

It's to foster good will amongst collectors and early adopters. Not flippers.

The book publishers don't make extra money off first prints either but they still designate it as such.

Or take the case of Bioware. They could reprint another 1000 copies of some of their lithographs and sell out every one. But if they did, they'd be screwing their fans and lowering the perceived value of future lithographs.

#96 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

amazing that they re release this shitty collection and not prime tril.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#97 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

It's to foster good will amongst collectors and early adopters. Not flippers.

no.

its to "throw the consumer off" you mean.

glad i sold my 5 for $70 and up.

and sorry for the double, comp sucks.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#98 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

no.

its to "throw the consumer off" you mean.

glad i sold my 5 for $70 and up.

and sorry for the double, comp sucks.

:roll:

you made money off of it. and you're bragging about it. Isn't that enough for you? Do you need to be more of a bitch?

#99 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

I just wish they had included more in it to begin with so I may have been interested. I barely played Paper Mario and never played Mario RPG at all. Hopefully those get a rerelease of some kind.

Same for that zelda 25th mock up. I'd be all over that.

#100 Stainless Alloy

Stainless Alloy

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

I am glad I preordered mine from amazon. I hope the reprints are exactly like the originals and say limited edition on them and destroy the resale value, so that the vultures get less money. I feel bad when games stop from being reprinted when the demand is still there. I felt bad having to pay over $30 for a used copy of Mario and Luigi Partners in time. Games should be plentiful and cheap.

#101 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

I just wish they had included more in it to begin with so I may have been interested. I barely played Paper Mario and never played Mario RPG at all. Hopefully those get a rerelease of some kind.

Same for that zelda 25th mock up. I'd be all over that.

http://www.nintendo....rIkJfC64EEGPQTb

http://www.nintendo....cWuUehbkF_UefwC

Err, your welcome. =)

#102 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

I hope the reprint is exactly the same (which it likely is, I mean c'mon, it's Nintendo) just so all you "collectors" can whine when everyone has it and you can't sell it for $80 on eBay. :)
Posted Image

#103 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Why anyone cared about this be "limited" is beyond me. It's the SAME DAMN Mario games you've been playing since the late 80s/early 90s. Quick everyone, get a copy of the Mario All Stars ROM!

It's stupid.
Posted Image

#104 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

I hope the reprint is exactly the same (which it likely is, I mean c'mon, it's Nintendo) just so all you "collectors" can whine when everyone has it and you can't sell it for $80 on eBay. :)

"Collectors" lulz... right, collectors would sell an item this shortly after its initial release. Dicks.

I too hope it's exactly the same.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#105 technole

technole

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:23 PM

I remember some bloke telling me it was a waste to buy Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES back in the day. I still have it complete with box and manual. This will stay the same too. I like the updated graphics and backgrounds with the All-Stars edition over the VC releases.

technole.png

#106 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

http://www.nintendo....rIkJfC64EEGPQTb

http://www.nintendo....cWuUehbkF_UefwC

Err, your welcome. =)

lol, thanks. I didn't know these were available. Shows how much I play my Wii. I'd still like them on a disc.

#107 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

lol, thanks. I didn't know these were available. Shows how much I play my Wii. I'd still like them on a disc.

This collection would have been awesome if they had included those games (and SMW of course).

#108 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

It is just me or is there no preorder on the page. I read through all the pages and everyone is just arguing about whatever.

Real debate is where is this preorder?

#109 thegreek

thegreek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

That’s why I’m going to buy piles of these and inflate price/demand again. MMM....MMMMM..... MUAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Edited by thegreek, 10 February 2011 - 09:37 PM.
NEEDED MORE SINISTER LAUGH

#110 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

wow this thread is gonna devolve into more assholery than the original SMAS thread. And faster.

#111 Ilikecoldbeverages

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

wow this thread is gonna devolve into more assholery than the original SMAS thread. And faster.

Is that even possible!?

#112 miriamleo

miriamleo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

The whole point of this product is its limited collector's value.
If you want to play the game there are billions of ways to do so, and cheaper too.

#113 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

A digital rerelease for this would be AWESOME! It would appease the collectors and I have no desire to play this on my Wii but on the 3DS sounds sick. Just an offtopic pipe dream I guess...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#114 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

The whole point of this product is its limited collector's value.
If you want to play the game there are billions of ways to do so, and cheaper too.

Lol... The vast majority of people buying this are probably playing the games on it... CAG isn't exactly a representative sample, but I bet it's even a lot higher than you assume here.

I plan on opening it up and playing it when I get mine. I want the enhanced versions of the games, and those cannot be downloaded.

#115 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

It is just me or is there no preorder on the page. I read through all the pages and everyone is just arguing about whatever.

Real debate is where is this preorder?

this...I can't find it any where.... has anyone confirmed this actually exists, the only thing I see on gamestop is the game used. Everyone, like all too often, just wants to argue. Where is the actual evidence there is a reprint. The OPs link is to the used version of the game.

#116 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

Good news for me I guess. Passed on it the first time since I already own these games (both NES and the SNES All Stars). Then when it became scarce and was reselling for more I thought I'd grab one if I found it. Never did. Now that a reprint is coming that means this won't have much value. It's nothing I don't already have and reports say the disc and book aren't much to talk about.

I got lucky finding a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, but at least that has a use as the first two games now use the Wiimote if I want to play them again.

#117 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

this...I can't find it any where.... has anyone confirmed this actually exists, the only thing I see on gamestop is the game used.

I put my order in for the new one before it was taken down... if it was a mistake I suppose they'll let me know soon enough.

#118 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

I put my order in for the new one before it was taken down... if it was a mistake I suppose they'll let me know soon enough.

they must have taken it down really fast, cause I tried going to the link not too long after the OP posted and it just took me to the used version.

#119 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

It seems weird that the page would say "reprint" in the first place. Maybe it was just an attempt by gamestop to grab some preorder cash based on the press release from last month. If they had real news, I doubt they would have pulled the page.

#120 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

It seems weird that the page would say "reprint" in the first place. Maybe it was just an attempt by gamestop to grab some preorder cash based on the press release from last month. If they had real news, I doubt they would have pulled the page.

It's more likely that someone at Gamestop accidentally flipped a switch before Nintendo made an official announcement.