Eternal Sonata $18.88 FS Amazon (Third party seller) Wah

Any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions? My BB has copies for $19.99 and I may have to bite on a copy if they still have them.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions? My BB has copies for $19.99 and I may have to bite on a copy if they still have them.[/QUOTE]
The ps3 version came out after the 360 had it exclusively so it has extra dialogue, 2 new playable characters, 2 extra dungeons and a new clothing system for your party. Think of it as the slightly more complete version since the blu ray disc can hold more content

[quote name='malethief']The ps3 version came out after the 360 had it exclusively so it has extra dialogue, 2 new playable characters, 2 extra dungeons and a new clothing system for your party. Think of it as the slightly more complete version since the blu ray disc can hold more content[/QUOTE]
Wow, thanks. I will check to see if my BB still has copies after work. If not I will see about an Amazon copy. I am in no need to play more games but since some cag's think it's pretty good and my one friend bought it might as well.

[quote name='malethief']The ps3 version came out after the 360 had it exclusively so it has extra dialogue, 2 new playable characters, 2 extra dungeons and a new clothing system for your party. Think of it as the slightly more complete version since the blu ray disc can hold more content[/QUOTE]

Just get whatever is cheapest. I played the 360 version and it has enough content. Plus the game seems better at the begining. If you have a 360 tales of vesperia is way better.

Weird, when I ordered my copy it said it there was "1 copy left - order soon" now that message is gone and it is still in stock. Do they just change to a different seller's inventory?

Oh, just noticed that Blue Dragon was $10, picked that up too.

Update, holy crap there are a lot of games for $10, i'm breaking the piggy bank today!

[quote name='typical guy'] If you have a 360 tales of vesperia is way better.[/QUOTE]

I played Tales as well, and it's a solid title. But I like the combat in Eternal Sonata better. I'm only on chapter 3 (of 5 or 6) so maybe I've seen the best there is based on your comment, but I'm enjoying it.

OK, finished my little shopping spree. $10 is my impulse buy price point for average games, $20 for great games. Picked up the following:

Eternal Sonata = $18.88
Where the Wild Things Are = $5.95+$3.99(shipping)
G.I. Joe = $6.99+$3.99(shipping)
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace = $8.70
Dark Sector = $9.36
Dark Void = $12.62
Blue Dragon = $10.22
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands = $10.48
Brutal Legend = $9.07
Beowolf = $10
Project Sylpheed = $9.96
-----------------------
Total = $123.67

Now proceed with telling me how I wasted money or could have bought these cheaper elsewhere. :bomb:

The OP should point out that at that the seller is a third party, fulfilled by Amazon (at least the one that shows up right now is $18.49, Sold by Hitgaming Video Games and Fulfilled by Amazon).

If it's Sold and Shipped by Amazon, the price is $26.00.

I just bought it for $13.99 (and free shipping) from Amazon Warehouse before you posted this.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']The OP should point out that at that the seller is a third party, fulfilled by Amazon (at least the one that shows up right now is $18.49, Sold by Hitgaming Video Games and Fulfilled by Amazon).

If it's Sold and Shipped by Amazon, the price is $26.00.[/QUOTE]

I could care less if it is third party and a party that has a good reputation. I posted the link, if someone is going to buy something without checking all of the information out, that is not my problem, if you put your credit card information out there that is on you, I just posted a link to the Amazon site.

[quote name='Jabrim']I could care less if it is third party and a party that has a good reputation. I posted the link, if someone is going to buy something without checking all of the information out, that is not my problem, if you put your credit card information out there that is on you, I just posted a link to the Amazon site.[/QUOTE]

No need to get aggressive ;) My post wasn't done with the intention of it being some sort of flame or anything like that.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']No need to get aggressive ;) My post wasn't done with the intention of it being some sort of flame or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

My apologises, I am quick to anger. lol

[quote name='forweg']I just bought it for $13.99 (and free shipping) from Amazon Warehouse before you posted this.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I had my eye on that!

[quote name='TheKbob']Saw this game for $20 on the PS3 at Best Buy tonight. Just a little FYI for those that "can't wait".[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got mine at BB. I would rather get it B&M just because I don't have to wait a month to pay it off with the next CC bill. Plus it was like a dollar more anyway at best buy.

While it's true the ps3 version has more content, it's not because it's a blu-ray disc. Usually games that are released/ported over to another console well after its release include additional content to entice buyers since otherwise the release sounds like nothing but a port.

Doubtful anything in ES on ps3 couldn't have come out on the 360 disc.

All that said, I for one hated this game. While I could see what some gamers might like (the battle system), the story (which is frankly why I play any RPG) was just terrible. I've already given my two cents on this game on these forums before.

I don't think ES is the worst JRPG this generation, but it's among the bottom feeders on the 360. I'd easily recommend ToV or LO over this one -- heck, even Star Ocean is better.

bread's done
Back