The "Stay Classy, Obama" Thread

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#241 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

It reminds me of that ICP spoof SNL did. I'm surprised 300 wasn't treated as an historical documentary by History. Pretty soon Science will start airing programs about creationism, and I don't mean debunking it.

HAHA...300 is ALREADY treated like a historical documentary to most people.:rofl:
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#242 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

A must

#243 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Obama more right wing by the day

Posted Image

#244 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Obama more right wing by the day

Obama just gave one of the best foreign policy speeches in decades, and he did it in Israel on Israel. People whose livelihood depend on hating Obama are hailing the speech as fantastic. Obama has been thoroughly lambasted as an enemy of Israel or (somehow) even worse, ambiguous.

You should read it. By you I mean everyone.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

When David Bernstein from Volokh calls it "fantastic", you know Obama crushed. If Obama said the sky was blue, Bernstein would say it was green.
Posted Image

#245 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

http://gawker.com/59...3639598359903&{"type":"iframeUpdated","height":2150}

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#246 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

That's all Obama is good at...speeches. But talk is just that.

lol
Posted Image

#247 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

That's all Obama is good at...speeches. But talk is just that.

I see you've since deleted the comment. And would you look at that? Bibi just sucker punched the living shit out of the single most prominent Israeli politician pushing back against American influence in Israel... and just happened to fix their relationship with Turkey (the only NATO member that's at all Islamist) at the same time. And Erdogan knows all too well that America just gave him a massive political coup for free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-21902273

Bibi gets the screws put to him. Avi Lieberman gets crushed like a grape. Turkey and Israel will normalize relations again. And America looks like the good guy because we actually are the good guys here. Yea, words r dum n stuff.

0/10. Needz moar bombs amirite?
Posted Image

#248 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

I see you've since deleted the comment.

I KNEW psychonerd reminded me of someone!:rofl:
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#249 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

LOL!!!!z this like the USA apologizing for accidentally drone"ing" civilian over in Iraq, Pakistan, and where ever we see fit.

This is why gov't and those who work in government are ALL INHERENTLY EVIL human beings, they get to get by by saying sorry and using tax money from the peasantry ( us working class ) to fix their problem..

Imagine if a regular joe can get by killing people and saying sorry and here is some money from "donations" I got, so please don't hold me accountable.

#250 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

http://beforeitsnews...ui-2605370.html

He might still win re-election, I mean, he didn't actually KILL someone like Ted Kennedy:roll:

#251 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

It's ok though, Kennedy didn't know

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#252 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

http://www.washingto...f755_story.html

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHHEHEHEEEEE.....here we go again. How did we end up with soooooooo much bureaucracy and complexity? Don't get me wrong, I blame the banks just as much as the gov't for going along with the gov't "suggestion" to loan to those who can't pay, but insuring their loans with taxpayer money is crazy. How about letting banks ruin themselves by making poor decisions rather than forcing those poor decisions on them? No BAILOUTS for ANYBODY!!! Stupidity, greed, lack of self responsibility, and desire for "control" will be the end of us.

#253 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

But egofed, the government pushed for people with low incomes to have an easier time getting home loans when Clinton was in office and that worked out splendidly with no repercussions.

#254 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

But egofed, the government pushed for people with low incomes to have an easier time getting home loans when Clinton was in office and that worked out splendidly with no repercussions.

Yeah, and large banks never used that as a cash grab to over-leverage themselves into creating credit default swaps to in-turn insure them without caring if they failed or not. I suppose it's just easier to blame poor people than the rich fucks that decimated the economy while not only remaining rich, but are RICHER because of it because they were the ones that engineered it.

I know you're into making superficial pithy remarks, but come the Fuck on.

edit: As for Clinton being a neo-liberal shithead president in the same vein as Obama? Color me NOT surprised. Republicans have a rep for wanting to dismantle the social safety net, but leave it to Democrats to actually DO it.
dohdough.png

#255 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

No, I'm into blaming the government and those in power that you seem to think do no wrong for making lax as Fuck policies that countless administrations back and give bankers their backing and don't let them fail when they Fuck up (hey just give them a bailout!). But hey, let's just blame rich people because that's the flavor of the day. Come the Fuck on. I understand you think democrats walk on water but at some point open your damn eyes.

#256 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

I've come to a realization that many people see the banks as unable to help themselves. Meaning that rather than saying that they (the banks) could have held back and not loaned money to those who couldn't repay it, they get overlooked and the people who were given the loans are blamed instead. It's like blaming the water for your ruined floor when it's the pipe that broke and spilled water everywhere.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#257 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Why would a bank every deny a loan Clak? There are no repercussions to giving out loans to someone with shitty credit or low income. The banks just go "derp" and wait for that lovely government bailout.

#258 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

No, I'm into blaming the government and those in power that you seem to think do no wrong for making lax as Fuck policies that countless administrations back and give bankers their backing and don't let them fail when they Fuck up (hey just give them a bailout!). But hey, let's just blame rich people because that's the flavor of the day. Come the Fuck on. I understand you think democrats walk on water but at some point open your damn eyes.

You been on vs. for just about as long as I have and you know your post is complete bullshit.

Why would a bank every deny a loan Clak? There are no repercussions to giving out loans to someone with shitty credit or low income. The banks just go "derp" and wait for that lovely government bailout.

There's been so much written about what caused the economy to crash and THIS is all you've gotten from it? Seriously WTFBBQ. Does everything have to be broken down into quick soundbites for you or something? Hate to break it to you, but shit is complicated...far more complicated than that conservative pseudo-libertarian drivel you're regurgitating.
dohdough.png

#259 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

So what he's basically done is prove my point, that banks aren't expected to act responsibility, just to be as greedy as possible. It's the government's fault for tempting banks into being irresponsible, they can't help themselves.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#260 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

I've come to a realization that many people see the people as unable to help themselves. Meaning that rather than saying that they (the people) could have held back and not got loans when they couldn't repay it, they get overlooked and the banks who gave the loans are blamed instead. It's like blaming the broken faucet for flooding your kitchen when the guy who wanted a glass of water broke the faucet because he didn't know how to use it.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#261 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

if a person can't explain a credit default swap or collateralized debt obligation without the help of google, then they have no ground to stand on in making claims about what caused the collapse of 2007.
Posted Image

#262 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

http://www.breitbart...ff-Violated-Law

Way to stimulate the economy, jackass. How could he know that $100,000 electric cars with terrible consumer report studies would be a bad investment of taxpayer money?

#263 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I forgot Andrew Breitbart's drunk, scum of the earth carcass is underground.

Thanks for making my weekend!
Posted Image

#264 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

I forgot Andrew Breitbart's drunk, scum of the earth carcass is underground.

Thanks for making my weekend!

You forgot to mention drug addicted. The man liked his cocaine.
dohdough.png

#265 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

So Obama didn't waste $500 million in tax payer money? Thanks for adding such on topic and meaningful comments, fellas. I thought it sounded waaaay too idiotic to be true......

#266 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image
dohdough.png

#267 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

I actually hope a republican does win the next election so we can prove just how hypocritical some of you are.

Edited by Clak, 13 April 2013 - 01:46 PM.
typo

#268 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

I actually hope a republican does when the next election so we can prove just how hypocritical some of you are.

"When"? Do you mean "win"? :roll: Bush spent like a drunken sailor on shore leave, major payouts to friends just like Obama. You forget, I'm anti big gubment in either direction.

How about that 18% Obama tax rate? Wasn't he bad mouthing Romney for his sub 20% rate? There's some hypocrisy for you, Clakky.

#269 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

So Obama didn't waste $500 million in tax payer money?

Where is (a) that cited in the breitbart article you linked or (b) otherwise sourced?
Posted Image

#270 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

So Obama didn't waste $500 million in tax payer money? Thanks for adding such on topic and meaningful comments, fellas. I thought it sounded waaaay too idiotic to be true......

According to this, they never got the full $528 million. The loan was conditional and suspended last year when milestones weren't met. The article cites them securing $193 million in loans, but that doesn't seem to be all from the federal loan. I can't find any source that says exactly how much they actually got.

It's also worth noting that this loan was part of the $25 billion Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program that was passed by Congress in September of 2008. From what I've found, only four companies have secured (conditional) loans from it (decided on by the Dept. of Energy): Fisker, Nissan, Tesla, and Ford.