Dead Space Extraction Wii (new) $10.99 / FS newegg.com

Not bad. I don't own a PS3 so I want to grab extraction eventually. Though I posted a deal for it back in November or earlier for $8 at Wal-Mart.com. I hope it goes that cheap again especially with the PS3 port around...

Hmm tempting, I have PS3 but I don't have a move controller and the thought of playing a light gun game on a dualshock 3 sounds really cumbersome and not fun. I might pick this one up.

[quote name='FADC into coffee']seems like the kind of game I'd only buy if the only system I owned was a Wii. just cause it doesn't look as bad as other 3rd party games.[/QUOTE]

Even if you owned every system, you'd only buy it on the wii since it's a wii exclusive. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']Even if you owned every system, you'd only buy it on the wii since it's a wii exclusive. :roll:[/QUOTE]

No it's not.

[quote name='confoosious']Even if you owned every system, you'd only buy it on the wii since it's a wii exclusive. :roll:[/QUOTE]

PS3 version out now

XBLA version in the future

gg stay free

I'm about halfway through it. It's solid, but don't go in expecting a Dead Space game or House of the Dead Space.

It's more of a re-imagining of the light gun genre. "What if light gun games were built for consoles from the start instead of originating in arcades with the main purpose of collecting as many quarters as possible?"

This guy is a moron. :roll:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']For realsies? When did they announce this?[/QUOTE]

coulda sworn I saw something about that-- that the game will get a release down the line. regardless, there's a ps3 version so my point stands :)

doubt there will be a 360 version. The main reason it came to the ps3 was because of the move. It doesn't play nearly as well with a regular controller being an on-rails shooter designed for motion controls.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Thanks hollowfreak for the link posted this from my phone.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Yeah, me too. I'm not sure if you get the same mobile version of the site I do, I'm on an iPhone, but on mine there's a clickable button labeled "BBCode" and you'll get a few extra choices like, bold, spoiler, quote, image, and URL.

This is one of the best on rails shooters I've ever played. Don't listen to anyone who says it's not a Dead Space game, because it is. The amount of interaction and the number of branching paths give you a sense of freedom most light gun games can't match. Absolutely worth the price.

Amazingly good game. It's not a traditional Light Gun shooter--it is something different--its a FPS rail shooter--while this sounds the same, the underlying game mechanics make it play differently, so it really doesn't compare to anything else out there.

DSE makes really good use of the Wii controller, and IMHO it is best played without the zapper or any kind of gun attachment given how buttons on the wand and nunchuck are used, but if I'm not mistaken, it does support the zapper if you are inclined to use it.

Really underrated game--very much a Dead Space game, very much a Wii game, and it looks 10 times better than most people give it credit for.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back