Google Chrome - Spoilers and Editing

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

I recently switched from Firefox to Chrome due to some Firefox Java issues that didn't seem to clear up no matter what I uninstalled/reinstalled.

Anyway, so far, I have enjoyed Chrome and it also seems to be a bit faster IMO.

The biggest problems that I have been having are that, when I click on a spoiler, it open, but when I click the button again, it will not close.
Also, when I edit my thread, it's full of the code rather than showing everything as it would be when I submit and view it.
By this, I mean instead of seeing, for example, the picture I inserted, I see the link itself. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but I have found heavily formatted pages to be unwieldy!

Is this a Chrome problem, a CAG problem, or a mixture of the two?

#2 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:08 AM

So, no one else has this?
Maybe I am missing something I need for Chrome to work correctly?

EDIT FOR BELOW: OK, well, good to know that I am not screwing something up. I was going crazy looking for updates thinking I must not have the newest browser version or something.

Edited by dv8mad, 24 February 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#3 Hybrid5006

Hybrid5006

White Trash Ballin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:21 AM

Same thing here... Chrome has too many bugs (I think paypal shipping doesn't work among many other things)

I use firefox, but it has been crashing hard on me lately. (the newest internet explorer actually runs faster than firefox, in my opinion, but I'm too lazy to import everything over to a different browser)

#4 jimijumper

jimijumper

Deathlike Silence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

dv8...I have the same issues when editing my posts on CAG, also when I am trying to print shipping labels in Paypal.... thats why I keep both firefox and chrome...

all that code is a real bitch to wade through turning a simple edit into a major hassle...

I use firefox when I'm editing on CAG and using paypal, chrome for just about everything else....

#5 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Are you/were you guys in the Firefox beta for Firefox 4? I noticed a number of sites have issues in FF4 (Windows Live Hotmail being the worst). I've moved a couple machines back to the latest full release (3.X) and they've worked correctly.

#6 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

Hey Rig. Actually, after having Java problem in FF 3.X (the typical old version won't uninstall when the new version updates) and even going through the steps I found all over the internet of uninstalling all Java components and starting from scratch with the newest one didn't work, that is when I decided to try FF4 Beta. Had the exact same issues, so I totally uninstalled all FF components and reinstalled FF 3.X only to be greeted by the same Java issues.

I then switched to Chrome and my Java troubles went away. I only have the issues with editing and such on CAG.

#7 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:06 AM

chrome has always had that issue (been using since V2), other than that and the occasional oddball website it works fine.

You may also want to look into "SRWare Iron", it's Chrome but without all of the tracking info sent to google. (it still support all of the browser sync services and plugins). That is, if privacy is of concern to you.

#8 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

What the Fuck is up above??? Anywho I have the same problems with Chrome. I thought it just might be the Chrome laptop I was sent being I use Firefox on all my other computers but then I tried my girlfriends chrome browser and it has the same issue. Anyone figure out a reason to why this is happening?
Posted Image

#9 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

I've been using Chrome since the day it was released, and I've had these same issues since that day. And I posted here about them, too. I'm assuming they're on Chrome's end and not CAG's, since it has gone ignored for so very long.

#10 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

ditto to all of these...
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#11 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

Also, when I edit my thread, it's full of the code rather than showing everything as it would be when I submit and view it

ok so i guess there is a thread I assumed the editing was a firefox feature because it's the only browser in which forum code is styled. Safari, Chrome, Opera non of them edit like FX.

The only real bug imo is the spoilers not closing in Chrome.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#12 hector031

hector031

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:56 PM

The spoilers not closing is an issue with Chrome. It works on other forums that I go to, so I knew it they would work. I wrote a GreaseMonkey script to fix it. If you install the script on Chrome, the spoiler buttons will open and close spoilers, but the text on the button does not change like it does in Firefox. If you install it and find any problems with it, let me know and I'll update it.

Edited by hector031, 02 April 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#13 XP1

XP1

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Spoiler buttons work fine in Opera.

#14 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

The spoilers not closing is an issue with Chrome. It works on other forums that I go to, so I knew it they would work. I wrote a GreaseMonkey script to fix it. If you install the script on Chrome, the spoiler buttons will open and close spoilers, but the text on the button does not change like it does in Firefox. If you install it and find any problems with it, let me know and I'll update it.

Thanks Hector! I had not been back to this thread for awhile, but I am happy to see that someone made something nice. It works great! :applause:

#15 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

I've been using Chrome since the day it was released, and I've had these same issues since that day. And I posted here about them, too. I'm assuming they're on Chrome's end and not CAG's, since it has gone ignored for so very long.

I use plenty of forums that the spoiler buttons work appropriately. hector mentioned this, but I believe misspoke when he said it is a Chrome issue. It's not. It's CAG's problem, as other forums work just fine without a script.

#16 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

anybody else have a problem on cag where you click on something in chrome it opens the page, loads, and then goes back to the previous page?
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#17 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:24 AM

I'll have to try this

#18 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

anybody else have a problem on cag where you click on something in chrome it opens the page, loads, and then goes back to the previous page?

I have used Chrome since the day it came out. I have not experienced that though. Weird.