Photo
- - - - -

GS application

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darkling420

darkling420

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

ok i got a question, im filling out an application for GS right now and im confused with what they are asking where it says game software knowledge, what exactly are they asking? id really appreciate it if i could get an answer from some who works or has worked at GS, but i still appreciate anything i get

#2 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

They want to know what game software you're familiar with. Are you familiar with all genres or just rpgs, racing, fps, sports, et cetera? Do you know games on all platforms or just on the ps3 or pc or ds?

It's exactly as it's worded. What game software knowledge do you have?
gwensigol8.png

#3 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:37 AM

It's funny how this is required info on the application but you can't ever get an employee who plays anything other than Mass Effect.

#4 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:45 AM

I rarely get employees that actually play games. Most I know just play Bejewled.

#5 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:02 AM

They want to know what game software you're familiar with. Are you familiar with all genres or just rpgs, racing, fps, sports, et cetera? Do you know games on all platforms or just on the ps3 or pc or ds?

It's exactly as it's worded. What game software knowledge do you have?

In all respect, I'd ask the same question if I were applying. Reading "Game Software" I immediately thought of programs like Autodesk's 3DS Max Studios, VUE and the lightwave 3D. Not video game genres or platforms.

The question may be exactly as it's worded to some, or even the majority of people, but it can confuse just as many others.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#6 phantasyx

phantasyx

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:07 AM

Burn the application, my worst employment ever.

But I got highered at GS because I filled out every videogame I could think of on there