Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/20/11 to 2/26/11)

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#31 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

With some of the math around here, it's no wonder TRU loves to put out these kinds of deals. Everyone that plans on getting two $60 for $40 each, don't forget to tally on whatever you spend out of pocket whenever you use that $40 giftcard.

Thats why it would be better to PM it at BestBuy if they take the gift card out of the final price. Then you really do pay 40$ (plus tax) a game.

#32 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:09 AM

If best buy does a similar match I will be in for KZ3 and DS2. I waited on DS cause I figured KZ3's release would stem some sort of deal, and with DS2 being new I figured it would be included. Hopefully I can beat DS 2 and trade it in somewhere for a good amount.

#33 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:14 AM

I read somewhere earlier about someone buying a 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, and getting a $40 gift card. Can anyone confirm this?

Yuck, why would you want either?

I'm seeing a few post from people wanting Bulletstorm. Am I the only one that hated the game or is if just for the GoW3 beta?

I thought the game was ok. I think the genre really needs to get away from the realism/war BS and go back to what makes the genre fun.

Go w/ Kmart. They're offering a $20 offer w/ SYWR for KZ3.

Yeah but you gotta sign up for their idiotic card. This deal is far better.

#34 NickNorman

NickNorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:06 AM

Yuck, why would you want either?

Because my 360's disc drive is on the way out, I have hard drives I can use for this new one, and I'm willing to jump for Kinect at basically $60, after the gift card, since I'll definitely use it soon. I know Amazon has had it for around $225 on Warehouse Deals (around $150 for the one with no Kinect), but an extra $35 for a brand new console tomorrow is worth it to me instead of waiting around for one with no original box or one that's been used.

Yeah but you gotta sign up for their idiotic card. This deal is far better.

That "idiotic card" is about as easy to use as all the other ones (TRU, Best Buy, etc.), and makes Kmart a better deal for someone who only wants KZ3 and not another game right now. "Basically the same" isn't the same thing as far better, especially when both aren't immediate discounts.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 calcutta8

calcutta8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

is this stackable?

#36 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

Wasn't planning on spending $120+tax on two games any time soon but this deal may force my hand.

May be in for Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm or Deadspace 2.

#37 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Thats why it would be better to PM it at BestBuy if they take the gift card out of the final price. Then you really do pay 40$ (plus tax) a game.

That's completely YMMV. I know all the Best Buys around me do not PM deals that involve gift cards.

#38 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

That's completely YMMV. I know all the Best Buys around me do not PM deals that involve gift cards.

It'll be difficult to get BB to PM the $40 b/c it's a "bundling" offer but the $5 offer is there reg. PM policy and the $5 off sucks u shouldn't get denied on single item gift card PM's check one of the PS3 or X360 BB PM threads use that strategy to get them in the future you'll save alot.

NickNorman
I was in TRU Mon checking the clearance section and saw the print
out for the $40 GC but there was only 2 X360's left unless there was some in the back.

This would be a good BB price match getting the kinect bundle for $260 + tax...damn in the last two weeks there's threads for a $175 and $240 X360 and $250 PS3 using the BB price match, not as good as $100 off but still not bad. Plus $45 for MVC3.

#39 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:48 AM

think amazon will match?

#40 SLeeK719

SLeeK719

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

Sweet deal, i'll be picking up Bulletstorm and Nba2k11.

#41 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

It's YMMV. My TRU is super anal about all these deals. I don't remember which sale it was, but I tried to do that once and they wouldn't let me. Sigh.

My TRU wouldn't let me buy 4 get 2 free and wouldn't even let me split it into two transaction. Told me that it's against store policy to stack offers and don't get me started about having to print my coupons in color because they accused me of making copies. Guess they never heard of a color copier.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 zeddic

zeddic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

I read somewhere earlier about someone buying a 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, and getting a $40 gift card. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, I was able to get this deal yesterday. Here's the thread I posted: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=287125

#43 lortiz9490

lortiz9490

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

I agree - there isn't a better deal out there for KZ3. $45 (after tax approx) is as good as it gets on release day. Yes you have to spend $120 + tax but it's a TRU gift card which is almost as good as cash when you're on this website anyway.

That about 20 dollar back for each game, Isn't kmart doing the same 20 dollars for each KZ3 and Bullet Storm and you don't have to buy 2 games.

#44 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

That's why I said "effectively". I know it's not $80 out of pocket. It's really not that hard. If you take $40 off this purchase, you don't also take $40 off the purchase when you use the gift card to buy something.

It's funny that that dude said "it's really $120 with tax!". No shit sherlock.

To be absolutely correct, it's $160 of stuff for $120, and not really even that good. You aren't getting anything for $80. People mistake that all the time. It's $40 off of a $160+ purchase, and odds are it will be plus, not $160, so it will less then 25% of a discount, and requiring a hefty purchase in order to cash in. So, at best, it's paying $45 for each game, or $90 total (plus tax), at a minimum, and probably higher, plus having to buy at least an additional $40 worth of stuff to get that price. But yes, it's better then nothing. If I wanted two of those games RIGHT NOW, I'd do it too probably.
Posted Image

#45 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Seems like KZ3 and Bulletstorm might be the way to go. Still haven't gotten around to playing the Bulletstorm demo yet though so I should probably do that first.

#46 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Because my 360's disc drive is on the way out, I have hard drives I can use for this new one, and I'm willing to jump for Kinect at basically $60, after the gift card, since I'll definitely use it soon. I know Amazon has had it for around $225 on Warehouse Deals (around $150 for the one with no Kinect), but an extra $35 for a brand new console tomorrow is worth it to me instead of waiting around for one with no original box or one that's been used.

That "idiotic card" is about as easy to use as all the other ones (TRU, Best Buy, etc.), and makes Kmart a better deal for someone who only wants KZ3 and not another game right now. "Basically the same" isn't the same thing as far better, especially when both aren't immediate discounts.

I don't understand why people keep buying things that break... There ARE other, better consoles ya know.

Nah, it comes with too much baggage. TrU is simple but they flooded my box over the holidays. BB sucks and so does their program. The only reason I have one for GS is because it was leftover from my previous subscription when I used to buy more used games. Now I don't think it's worth $15.

These cards are bad because you get the spam while they reduce your points/credit because you didn't buy enough from them. What's the gain? That's why I appreciate the simple sales from TrU or Amazon. You buy a game no strings attached, you get future credit that lasts at least 6 months. No cards, no hassle.

#47 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

To be absolutely correct, it's $160 of stuff for $120, and not really even that good. You aren't getting anything for $80. People mistake that all the time. It's $40 off of a $160+ purchase, and odds are it will be plus, not $160, so it will less then 25% of a discount, and requiring a hefty purchase in order to cash in. So, at best, it's paying $45 for each game, or $90 total (plus tax), at a minimum, and probably higher, plus having to buy at least an additional $40 worth of stuff to get that price. But yes, it's better then nothing. If I wanted two of those games RIGHT NOW, I'd do it too probably.

I had to read that twice to make sure. Lol. 25% isn't bad and you don't know how long these games will remain at full price. Furthermore who knows how long until the next B2G1 sale that's open to everything? All that does is save an extra $20 (which isn't insignificant) assuming you find a third game. If I decide I want these games I have a $50 giftcard (which I always save for big sales) to cut that down, and then I'll save the $40 to use during their next sale. It's all about timing to maximize how much you get for the cost. $40 might buy one game now or two later, ya know?

#48 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

How would I PM this deal at BBl? Could I get KZ2 and Bulletstorm for 80 dollars? Or do I buy both for 120 and get a 40 dollar gift card to Best Buy?

#49 zeddic

zeddic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

That's correct!

It's in this weeks ad.

I actually haven't found any mention of the $40 GC on a 4GB Kinect bundle mentioned anywhere in the 2/13-2/19 weekly ad and I have been scouring the web. The only deal I saw was a $25 gc on a 4GB xbox (non kinect bundle) which is why I was shocked when the cashier told me it came with a $40 GC. Do you have a link or picture of the ad that has this advertised?

#50 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

How would I PM this deal at BBl? Could I get KZ2 and Bulletstorm for 80 dollars? Or do I buy both for 120 and get a 40 dollar gift card to Best Buy?

Getting a PM on both games could be hell YMMV

"The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing and the guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors': Offers that include financing, BUNDLELING OF ITEMS, free items, pricing errors and mail-in offers."

I suggest getting both games and going to CS with $ in hand and letting them know they will loose the sale w/o doing a PM. My local BB might do it b/c I know them and they know I always have my receipts, copied PM policy and the ad but even then I might get a "we can't", good luck.

zeddic
the $40 GC offer isn't in the ad but when I was in the store in monday there was a sale notice taped to the glass. Most likely the sale was added after the ads were printed. They also have a PSP/PS2 B1G1 50% off and it last more than a week.

#51 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Is NBA 2k11 $39.99 for all systems?

#52 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

man why is this shit rated 5 stars? $120 for $160 worth of games is not a 5 star deal
Posted Image

#53 LottaGames

LottaGames

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Does that mean you know of a better deal? If not quit whining, the math has been done several different ways already.

#54 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

Please Amazon... match!!!
Posted Image

#55 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

Just played the bulletstorm demo....definitely will buy this down the line, absolutely balls to the walls ridiculous

#56 dork

dork

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:23 AM

bring back the 20$ gifcards for one game!

Oh well..$5 giftcard with killzone will have to do since i already have 20$ in giftcards

#57 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:40 AM

Amazon matched the Toys R Us deal in some way:

http://www.amazon.co...657911&plpage=1

#58 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Available Tuesday:

:ps3:PS3 Killzone 3 Bundle: $299.99
:ps3:Playstation Move Rifle: $39.99

:360:Bulletstorm:Epic Edition $59.99
:ps3:Bulletstorm: $59.99
:ps3:Killzone 3: $59.99

Save $20 when you purchase Bulletstorm or Killzone 3 and any one title shown below (Quantities limited, no rain checks)

:360::ps3:Assassins Creed Brotherhood: $59.99
:360:Gears of War Triple Pack: $29.99
:ps3:Gran Turismo 5: $59.99
:ps3:Little Big Planet 2: $59.99

Enjoy!

Edited by jdeluis, 17 February 2011 - 12:15 AM.

#59 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

New release games with little to no promotion for MSRP?! Really!? You promise, Target!? sigh.. K-Mart makes other retailers look pathetic. Thanks anyway.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#60 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

The prices lack incentive, but $20 off on the Triple Pack? (Which I planned to pick up anyway since I own 0 GoW games) In for 1, thanks OP.

By the way, in defense of Target a little bit, K-mart is offering the same $ amount of rewards anyway, so it works if you planned to buy one of those titles. (Not sure of K-mart still has them @ MSRP)

Edit: Lol, I just noticed the start-date, might not be willing to wait 'till Sunday. It is kinda blah for a Sunday ad. :/ I'll see what's said of BS and the GoW 3 beta.

Wonder if BB will PM this.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 16 February 2011 - 08:44 PM.