Fallout New Vegas (360 /PS3) 29.99 - (PC) 19.99@ Gamestop.com

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

Ordered used PS3 version for 18.89. Nice deal.

#32 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

Ordered used PS3 version for 18.89. Nice deal.

I just did the same thing (xbox 360 though, since I got that free DLC a while back) Was $20.22 after tax. I had the game for a minute when it first released but after hearing about all the bugs, I decided to sell it and pick it up down the road. $20 works for me, now lets see the condition it comes in.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#33 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

Sounds like a good price, but hearing that they still havent patched the game enough to make it playable without worrying about saving due to crashes and bugs is completely unacceptable to me. Buy it used to save some money and not support the developer with that BS. :)

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#34 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

picked up the PC version. thanks OP!
Posted Image

#35 BlackLyon95670

BlackLyon95670

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

The 30$ off is valid in store it will just be processed at register marketing was done for it as of yesterday (Works for GS)

#36 sdclippers

sdclippers

The Sinister Kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Just assume it won't be limited. Publishers go through pretty great lengths to ensure demand is met. So something being rare rarely happens. Recent examples would be Red Dead Redemption (which didn't even have a collectors edition), and demon's Souls. The only reason these games had limited release is because pre-order sales were pretty low, and they ended up being sleeper hits.

RDR was a sleeper?
My next girl better be nothing like my ex girl.

#37 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hmmm.... I don't know if I should bite on this for the PC now knowing there will be some sort of complete edition down the road...I don't remember this being nominated for GOTY Edition.

#38 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

I just did the same thing (xbox 360 though, since I got that free DLC a while back) Was $20.22 after tax. I had the game for a minute when it first released but after hearing about all the bugs, I decided to sell it and pick it up down the road. $20 works for me, now lets see the condition it comes in.

Which code did you use to get for 18.99

I use cag16 and it comes to 20.99

#39 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

Which code did you use to get for 18.99

I use cag16 and it comes to 20.99

I also used my Power Up Rewards card (new Edge card)

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#40 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

I wonder if Amazon will PM this offer?

#41 VA

VA

Do my nipples frighten you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hmmmm, I'm seeing the instore price as 26.99. I might have to bite on this.

I did enjoy the game despite its terrible tech problems. I thought that the rad-scorpions were a little overpowered.

Just found this regarding upcoming DLC: http://www.lazygamer...-dlc-is-coming/

Edited by VA, 21 February 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#42 jrhawk42

jrhawk42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

RDR was a sleeper?

Yes, which is why it was sold out of many stores the first couple of weeks. According to pre-sale data it was only suppose to sell around a million copies. Most store only stocked it as such, and the game gained overwhelming popularity shorty after release. Some groups contribute this to an aggressive marketing campaign, but I believe it was due to WOM.
Posted Image

#43 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:47 AM

I wonder if Amazon will PM this offer?

I wish they would. We should all contact Amazon about this.

#44 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:49 AM

I loved Fallout 3, but was disgusted by the state Vegas was in at launch. However, I'll pick this bad-boy up. Had an old $10 certificate (from buying UFC 2010) to apply, and used SAVER for shipping. Probably could've used the 15% off code too (15NEW) but I didn't think of it in time. Still, $22.91 for this game is worth it to me.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#45 xblaze23

xblaze23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

I tried to use 15NEW or a $10 code I received from GoW3 purchase a long time ago and I keep getting a " Posted Image Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue." yet it doesn't show the error.

#46 randomthinker

randomthinker

Demonic Imperator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

I think the patches are adequate, if not great. The only time I've had trouble post-patching is the endgame, but there's also a shit-ton on screen at once. Save a lot during that.

Promote Infantile Spasms Awareness: Marissa's Bunny
Posted Image

#47 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

I wish they would. We should all contact Amazon about this.

I just sent them a report :bouncy:

#48 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:48 AM

Awesome, thanks OP, grabbed the PC version in store for $19.99 and it came with the Vault 13 pre-order gear code! Sweet!!

#49 brandonandtiff

brandonandtiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:53 AM

Awesome, thanks OP, grabbed the PC version in store for $19.99 and it came with the Vault 13 pre-order gear code! Sweet!!

How did you get the $19.99 price in store?

#50 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

How did you get the $19.99 price in store?

You can do in-store pick up, so if they give you trouble just show them the online price and the in store pick up option. Worked for me, seemed to just ring up in the system for the PC version.

#51 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

If you go to or call the store, they can look up the 10 closest locations that have it if you're interested in finding a CE or whatever. And the price is good instore as well, the discount appears when the order is totaled and there are signs promoting it in store.

Edited by MSUHitman, 22 February 2011 - 04:17 PM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#52 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

I just got back. Picked up NV PC version for $6.60. This deal is definately running in store. They has flyers on the counter wall saying save $30.00 on (PS3, Xbox 360 and PC version of Fallout NV). The price does not show up until the final checkout.

But you can get this in store for same price, its NOT website exclusive.

Here is what I paid

Game 19.99
Rewards Coupon - 5.00
COD:MW2 - 9.60 (with edge and 50% extra)

Total ~ $6.60
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#53 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

Spent the full $80 on the Collector's Edition at launch. Well worth every penny (100+ hours on one playthrough alone). HIGHLY recommended at $20 for the PC.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#54 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

I really want to play this but so many people say there are still glitches and crashes on the PS3 version. Maybe I should wait for a "completealldlcversion" that is inevitably coming.

Unless I it hits $20 somewhere, then I'll deal with the bugs...

KneeKnee.png

#55 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

I really want to play this but so many people say there are still glitches and crashes on the PS3 version. Maybe I should wait for a "completealldlcversion" that is inevitably coming.

Im not sure if the PS3 version is worse in terms of glitches and crashes but on the 360 in around 105 hours the game has frozen a grand total of 3 times and the only glitches I have seen is a rad scorpion being killed and falling through the map

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#56 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

I wonder if a version of this will be out that includes all the add on content? I waited until fallout 3 goty was down to 30 bucks i can do it on the spin off as well.

#57 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

Id gladly buy it except like some others have said the DLC thats forthcoming and the complete edition that will inevitably follow.

Its hard for me to stomach paying 50$ for a games entire DLC.

Its the reason I havent played much Disgaea 3, im waiting for a price drop on that "$50 complete dlc"... the game itself retails for like 20 something bucks...

Dont get me wrong the Fallout Dlc will be worth it, I just like getting a good deal.

#58 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hah, deal got picked up by slickdeals, they even mention using the CAG16 code if you're buying used...

#59 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

I've clocked over 200 hours now on this for PS3, it's only completely frozen on me a few times.

I always think it's absolutely ridiculous when people go on the "the glitches make this game COMPLETELY unplayable" rant. Then you ask them how long they played and how many problems they had and they'll say it froze 3 times in 70 hours. Do these people only save every 10 hours and their game conveniently freezes 9 hours into a save or what? I don't get what the big deal is. If a game is so good that I will replay it 3 or 4 times over for a grand total of over 150 hours, it could freeze a dozen times as long as my whole save wasn't corrupted and I could finish the game. Save every 15 minutes, enjoy one of the better games this generation, not a big deal.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#60 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

I've clocked over 200 hours now on this for PS3, it's only completely frozen on me a few times.

I always think it's absolutely ridiculous when people go on the "the glitches make this game COMPLETELY unplayable" rant. Then you ask them how long they played and how many problems they had and they'll say it froze 3 times in 70 hours. Do these people only save every 10 hours and their game conveniently freezes 9 hours into a save or what? I don't get what the big deal is. If a game is so good that I will replay it 3 or 4 times over for a grand total of over 150 hours, it could freeze a dozen times as long as my whole save wasn't corrupted and I could finish the game. Save every 15 minutes, enjoy one of the better games this generation, not a big deal.

Games shouldn't crash. Especially not $60 PS3 games. A developer should be QA'ing their title enough to guarantee no crashes or corrupted save files. The game can look like dog poo, but crashes are just unacceptable. If your game crashes at all, you should not be paying $60 as the MSRP.