Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

• Please log in to reply
520 replies to this topic

#421 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

Does anyone know how Gamestop handles games that are backordered? I ordered three games the other night - all three were listed as in-stock when I added them to my cart, and I checked out a few minutes after adding them. I got an e-mail today stating that only one game had shipped, so I checked my order status, only to find that two of the games were backordered. One of the games, God of War : Chains of Olympus, I could see selling out while I was ordering, but the other game was Champions : Return To Arms, a 6-year old PS2 game that still sells for $20. I can't see there being a mad rush to get that one, and I'm concerned that they won't get it back in stock.

Last time I checked, Champions: Return To Arms was a sought after game with a decent resell value to it. So that's likely why it disappeared so quickly.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#422 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

U Talk Back

Note that it's not a referral link.

It took me a year to get 2 $50 gift cards though so it's gonna take a while. Only protip I can give you is to check everything it asks you (like what consoles you own and what types of beverages you drink) that way you have more chances of getting into surveys. Some surveys will give you 20 points if you qualify (the biggest one I've done gave me 80 points) and if you do not qualify for the survey you'll get 2-3 points.

Also you have a chance of getting into 'prototype' products. Like I got into this new soda survey and they sent me a bottle of soda to try it out ( I won't disclose what brand though sorry :) ) and I just got into this survey and they're going to send me some gel body wash lol, but hey: If it's free I'll take it :lol:

Either way it's free and it works.

Just be patient and make sure to check your e-mails daily.

i keep thinking mine will be expired so i ended up redeeming $25 when i could've been more patient and get the $50 :bomb:

also, they said my membership will expire december 2010, and im still getting surveys in my email.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#423 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Just got my 2 Deadliest Catch and 1 EA MMA from the first day of the sale when everything was stacking. All 3 were in perfect shape, cases, manuals and games looked like new. They don't seem to be resurfaces, either...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#424 JamesMc

JamesMc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Got my order:

NBA 2K11: Game looks a little scratched. Included original case with NBA sticker and instructions.

Fallout: New Vegas: Disc looked good but no original case, instructions, or artwork.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Good disc. Included original packaging (Ubisoft's eco-cases).

#425 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

Ok so my order shipped a while ago, and i've been tracking it with the tracking number gamestop emailed me. But when I go to the website, it still says "pending" for all 3 games, and allows me to cancel the order. It's already shipped. I don't want to be charged twice, or have the games shipped to me twice. Should I cancel the order online?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#426 twinton

twinton

Bingo Bango Bongo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Got my order yesterday -

Deadliest Catch Sea of Chaos 360 (x2) - Complete but slightly damaged artwork
Fallout New Vegas PS3 - Complete with slipcover
Red Dead Undead Nightmare PS3 - Complete
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet PS3 - Complete with unused Capt. America code
Clash of the Titans PS3 - Complete

#427 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

They'll ship out what they have in stock, then the other games as they replenish

What's odd is that both games are still listed as in-stock and can still be ordered. You'd think they'd have updated them by now. I'm really concerned about getting Champions - there's no way to know how long it's been out of stock or how many people ordered it ahead of when I did :|
Posted Image

#428 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Wow I musted been very lucky till now.. first time I have ever got current gen games without art/manuals.

DarkStar One (360) - No case or Manual
DarkStar One (360) - case and manual fair condition - rip in case plastic
Enslaved (360) - Excellent condition

Sadly the DarkStars were gifts so i'm gonna have to head to GS and at the very least find one with a case/manual.
Posted Image

#429 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Ordered a bunch of PSP games... about 10, only 2 came in box with manual, rest were disc only.

Picked up two wii games and they came complete.

Last month for my PUP Pro so... yeah. Not renewing.

#430 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

My orders arrived today:

:ps2: Yakuza - complete
:ps2: Yakuza 2 - disc only
:ps3: Madden 10 - complete

:360: Assassins Creed Brotherhood - complete
:360: Fallout 3 GOTY - complete
:ps3: Yakuza 3 - missing manual

All the discs look pristine, but there don't seem to be any marks that indicate they were resurfaced.

I wish you luck, it's really hard to get a working copy of Yakuza 2 used from GameStop. Took me 3 copies to get one. Many others have had the same problem with the game. One of my copies was even broken in half in the middle. But the game's worth it, just keep on GameStop.

The disc is flawless looking and it played through all the movies up until you take control. Should I play it further to double check or is it good to go?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#431 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Got mine today.

:360:CoD: Black Ops - Missing manual, disk looks to be rebuffed
:ps3:CoD: Black Ops - Complete
:ps3:Castlevania: LoS - Collector's edition, complete. Some rips on the plastic slip cover.

:PS3:Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - Complete, but disk is cracked on the clear parts. Going to exchange this.
:360:Ninety-Nine Nights - Generic case with artwork, no manual, looks to be rebuffed
:360:Fallout: New Vegas - Complete, looks to be rebuffed, still has a ring scratch.

elessar123.png

#432 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

Got my order today:

Kinectimals: Complete, looks brand new, including disc
New Vegas PS3: Complete, looks brand new
Vesperia: Generic case, disc looks fine but still gonna test it and hopefully swap out for a good case with art.

Guess I couldn't ask for much more gambling with gamestop.com. I'm happy.

#433 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

Got mine

2 Assbros 360 complete
1 CoDBO 360 complete

#434 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

Got mine today

Batman AA GOTY (PS3) Disc Only
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon (360) complete
Yogi Bear (Wii) complete

pretty happy with them. all the discs look like theyve never been touched. think i'll get BAAGOTY started later tonight.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#435 Ketsui

Ketsui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:02 AM

is anybody having trouble getting SAVER to work? because right before i submit my order, i get this message

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping"

even though when i preview the order, it says 0.00 in shipping

#436 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

I think if you buy 2 or more games right now it's free value shipping anyway

#437 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

is anybody having trouble getting SAVER to work? because right before i submit my order, i get this message

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping"

even though when i preview the order, it says 0.00 in shipping

Ketsui, it works, it is just telling you it isn't working. It works, you will not be charged for shipping.

#438 Ketsui

Ketsui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

THank you

#439 JeriKu

JeriKu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

Letting you guys know I took those four games back to GameStop and they gave me all like-new conditioned games.

Six games for ~$14 each.. win!

#440 EGo94

EGo94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:03 AM

Got perfect copies of Reach, Blops, and DS2 all for a grand total $60.46, thanks for the great deal!

#441 HCO_kawi

HCO_kawi

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:18 AM

Hey guys, I am new here but I got in and used the Feb2g1 and CAG16 ($50.00 w/ tax and codes):

Skate 3, Dirt 1 and RDR ALL WITH NO MANUALS OR ORIGINAL CASES and skate 3 did not work.

I can say I would NEVER order again online from Gamestop, even with the promo. I could simply get these on Ebay and have the cases.

#442 luminaria

luminaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

Hey guys, I am new here but I got in and used the Feb2g1 and CAG16 ($50.00 w/ tax and codes):

Skate 3, Dirt 1 and RDR ALL WITH NO MANUALS OR ORIGINAL CASES and skate 3 did not work.

I can say I would NEVER order again online from Gamestop, even with the promo. I could simply get these on Ebay and have the cases.

That's the risk you take buying from Gamestop online with used titles. For a while they had a program in place that all newer used titles would ship with case and manual, but I guess it proved to be too costly for them. Unless you have a Gamestop close by that you can return the incomplete titles to its almost not worth it.
Posted Image

#443 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

Some combination of games work better than others, and could potentially be worth the hassle. If you can buy it on eBay for a similar price as what you can get from the promotion, I would say it's not worth it.

My combination was Resident Evil 5: Gold [PS3], Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (used as a subsitute to trade in for Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the PS3 with $.51 left over). I contemplated alternative selections, but I chose these given they were exactly the same price.

#444 chingychink

chingychink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

got mine shipped to me in one day.
360-BLOPS - typical 360 condition, i already traded it in
ps3-BLOPS - complete with manual, box a little beat up
ps3-Mass Effect 2 - complete with manual great condition

#445 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Got my first of two shipments in. 3x FNV 360. (all complete, about to check the discs now)

EDIT: one disc is fine, two have 3 dots on them in a triangle. Those are getting swapped out.

Good news is that one of them came with a classic pack token. Now to see if it has been used or not!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#446 HCO_kawi

HCO_kawi

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

Could I go into a gamestop location and ask for them to give me the manual and actual case if I show them my receipt ?

As stated before all my three games came with no manuals and cheap cases

#447 WiiShopChannels

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

If I wanted to exchange a game, how would it work? Say I bought a $50 USED game online, on the receipt the price shows up as the B2G1 price. So if I wanna get a different $55 USED game at GS, I would have to pay the difference right? Would it be the $5 difference or the difference between the B2G1 price?

Edited by WiiShopChannels, 27 February 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#448 HCO_kawi

HCO_kawi

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

Im just guessing but I think it would be the difference of what you actually paid because it's not like they are going to "pay you" so to speak to buy from them.

#449 kidray666

kidray666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

When a surly GS employee suggested I would have to pay the $5 difference to exchange my Mass Effect 2 I informed them that I could just as easily buy the preowned copy in the store and then return my mail order copy..its not like they differentiate whether they have case/manual when they sell them. She promptly just swapped the game for me w/o ringing it through, grumbling the whole while.

#450 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

My combination was Resident Evil 5: Gold [PS3], Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (used as a subsitute to trade in for Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes for the PS3 with $.51 left over). I contemplated alternative selections, but I chose these given they were exactly the same price.

I tried to do the same thing, so while I don't regret "rolling the dice" in this instance (because if it worked, it would've been a great deal), I won't be doing it again after the condition of the items. I picked a couple of duplicate titles for trading purposes, and I also ordered about an hour into the sale. My breakdown:

Destroy all Humans Path Furon 360 - generic case (broken), no artwork, no manual
NCAA Basketball 2010 360 - generic case (broken), no artwork, no manual
Force Unleashed Sith 360 - heavily damaged case, no manual
Force Unleashed Sith 360 - damaged case, no manual
Lips Party Classics - generic case, no artwork, no manual
Lips Party Classics - complete in box with manual (the only one)

My real issue was the Force Unleashed boxes...they weren't just dented. I wouldn't dream of keeping one in my library or re-selling it -- one is so smashed I would have a hard time describing it as "poor", the other could barely be described as "acceptable" with the amount of dings, dents and scratches on it.

Seeing as most of these are all OOP I doubt my local GS is going to be of any help. At least the shipping was free so if I have to send them back, I will.