Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

• Please log in to reply
520 replies to this topic

#451 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

When a surly GS employee suggested I would have to pay the $5 difference to exchange my Mass Effect 2 I informed them that I could just as easily buy the preowned copy in the store and then return my mail order copy..its not like they differentiate whether they have case/manual when they sell them. She promptly just swapped the game for me w/o ringing it through, grumbling the whole while.

Is this her?
Posted Image

#452 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

Is this her?
Posted Image

lol.

#453 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

If I wanted to exchange a game, how would it work? Say I bought a $50 USED game online, on the receipt the price shows up as the B2G1 price. So if I wanna get a different $55 USED game at GS, I would have to pay the difference right? Would it be the $5 difference or the difference between the B2G1 price?

I don't think you can exchange games from a B2G1F willy-nilly.

#454 JustinTheGamer

JustinTheGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

I don't think you can exchange games from a B2G1F willy-nilly.

I have in the past B2G1F brought in games that I paid the discounted price as long as instore they have that game for the original price it still was a fair trade. They still sell the game that you return for the $55 in their store.

Got my games yesterday from the B2G1; LBP2, Tales of Vesparia, and Resonance of Fate all in original cases with instructions condition on ToV and RoF light scratches installed fine however. :)

#455 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

I have in the past B2G1F brought in games that I paid the discounted price as long as instore they have that game for the original price it still was a fair trade. They still sell the game that you return for the $55 in their store.:)

Really? I'll have to give it a shot.

#456 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

So is this over at 11:59 tonight or tomorrow night?

#457 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

So is this over at 11:59 tonight or tomorrow night?

Pretty sure it ends tomorrow night, since tomorrow is the last day in Feb, and the code is called FEB2G1. I gotta go to GS tomorrow and trade in Blops so I can get in on some stuff :bomb:

#458 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

Could I go into a gamestop location and ask for them to give me the manual and actual case if I show them my receipt ?

As stated before all my three games came with no manuals and cheap cases

Yes, if you ask them they should give it to you. I think that it is corporate policy in fact.

#459 judgeTurpin

judgeTurpin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:04 AM

do you need a powerup rewards card to use this? its not working for me without it.

Currently playing:

:wii:
 : Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

:wiiu: : Mario Kart 8

:pc: : Fifa World Beta

#460 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Well I received 6 of my games today any 3 were complete (that seems to be about right now adays) 2 came in black cases (one smashed up) and the other in a green one with no artwork. All the other 3 had no manuals. Not that upset since I paid next to nothing for them. I do plan on ordering some new green cases from Amazon though since I have a bunch of games with bad cases.

#461 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

While on a road trip today, I found a GS that had Yakuza 2 in stock, swapped in store for a complete copy. So happy I jumped on this when everything was stacking.

#462 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Yes, if you ask them they should give it to you. I think that it is corporate policy in fact.

The policy on the online receipt states that "actual store policy may vary", so I guess if you get a dick manager/employee they could hassle you about it.

#463 beard.

beard.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

my 3d Dot, God of War 3 and Dead Rising 2 all came complete even though GOW 3 had T25 or whatever next to it in the email

#464 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

The policy on the online receipt states that "actual store policy may vary", so I guess if you get a dick manager/employee they could hassle you about it.

This. I've come across one particular store that refused to let me return a game that came fucken defetive! Fucken assholes!

8320 La Palma Avenue, Buena Park, CA (714) 821-6738

#465 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:01 AM

This. I've come across one particular store that refused to let me return a game that came fucken defetive! Fucken assholes!

Call GameStop corporate at (800) 883-8895 and let them know about it.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#466 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

I didn't wanna have to read through this whole topic, but I noticed they're charging full tax on the order BEFORE the discount. Will it automatically adjust after the order is placed?

#467 HipnotiK

HipnotiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

yea my friend bought a used game once that didn't work, he tried to return it and they refused to even give him a copy that actually works.

#468 Ketsui

Ketsui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

feb2g1 is officially DEAAD

#469 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

Has this happened to anyone before? I bought 2 identical orders w/ different email addresses. They shipped the first, and part of the second (tracking # is dead though). Could it be because of the BlOps 1 copy limit?

Any advice on how to proceed?

Second order shows:
[FONT="]DANCE CENTRAL - Xbox 360 $60.46[/FONT]
Shipped (2)

[FONT="]CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - Xbox 360 $0.00
Backordered N/A

[/FONT]

#470 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

Has this happened to anyone before? I bought 2 identical orders w/ different email addresses. They shipped the first, and part of the second (tracking # is dead though). Could it be because of the BlOps 1 copy limit?

Any advice on how to proceed?

Second order shows:
[FONT="]DANCE CENTRAL - Xbox 360 $60.46[/FONT]
Shipped (2)

[FONT="]CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - Xbox 360 $0.00 [/FONT]
[FONT="]Backordered N/A[/FONT]

It just looks like they'll ship you Black Ops at a later date. I had something similar happen to me with other games and I just had to wait an extra 3 days.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#471 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

It just looks like they'll ship you Black Ops at a later date. I had something similar happen to me with other games and I just had to wait an extra 3 days.

Thanks.

#472 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

just received 2 of my orders, all in mint condition, i am ...shocked.

#473 canestim

canestim

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

Bought Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and Black Ops. They are all scratched up. Black Ops I am going to return to the store next to my house and the other two I have asked for replacements since no store within 25 miles has them. Wait a pain, oh well.

#474 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

feb2g1 is officially DEAAD

Coupon FEB2G1 - Buy 2 preowned games, get 1 free. Online offer only. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 3/4.
:D

#475 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

got my 3 today, 2 in mint, 1 beat to hell, but all discs worked. The case looked as if someone chewed it up. Worst I have ever seen. Looked online for a store near me and took it in and they gave me what looked to be a brand new copy, even game me the disc which looked absolutely untouched compared to the scratches on the one I had. Worked out great.

John Daly-Mint
RDR-UD-Mint
NBA Jam- crappy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#476 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

You guys are really lucky - I've had to return quite a few bad Gamecube/360 games to my local stores and most of 'em really don't like it. I often find myself rotating between the four local ones 'round here 'cause of it, and I can only imagine how half of the employees would react if I asked to switch out a box/case.

On another note, is it not possible for the Powerup Pro discount to stack with the feb2g1 code? They're not for me, at least.

#477 Ketsui

Ketsui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

nothing stacks?????

#478 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

nothing stacks?????

Nope, shit, powerup doesn't even stack with cag16, you just get a point bonus and the edge card bonus, but the edge card stacks with cag16, which makes no sense at all, I mean you would think the card you pay for would stack, not just the free one, jeez! This is a partial disaster but still better than nothing.

#479 Reo 15x

Reo 15x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:15 AM

So I got Heavy Rain in this deal for 34.99. Can I go to a gamestop and get some money back for the deal since the price went down?

#480 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:33 AM

So I got Heavy Rain in this deal for 34.99. Can I go to a gamestop and get some money back for the deal since the price went down?

Just return it at a GameStop store. Take the money over to Walmart or Best Buy and buy it new for $29.99.