Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5788 replies to this topic

#3751 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

It's because they got a press release about it. They would not have posted anything if they didn't get the nudge from their PR.

While that may be the case, I was more mocking tylerh1701's sarcasm about it, which I found to be a bit unnecessary. But it's a moot point anyways, since the deal doesn't seem to be live. Oh well. :bouncy:

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Netflix

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: Red Faction

:wii: n/a

:ds: Found my DS!

#3752 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

While that may be the case, I was more mocking tylerh1701's sarcasm about it, which I found to be a bit unnecessary. But it's a moot point anyways, since the deal doesn't seem to be live. Oh well. :bouncy:

I didn't get any messages on my Playstation, but it's live for me. BloodRayne is showing $11.99 and Renegade Ops showing $8.99. I'm thinking about Renegade Ops. If it goes on sale on Xbox, the lowest it will be is 600 points ($7.50) so I would only be out $1.50 if I picked it up now.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I did download and play both of these demos when the games were released. These are the craziest deals I've seen on PSN before.

Edited by tylerh1701, 08 December 2011 - 05:41 AM.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#3753 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

These are the craziest deals I've seen on PSN before.

Agreed. I'll have to DL the demos & see if the prices change at all, so wacky they chose to do it like this (or a weird glitch, all the same).

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Netflix

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: Red Faction

:wii: n/a

:ds: Found my DS!

#3754 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

I've got final confirmation that the BloodRayne not being live to everybody is a mix-up in communication between Sony and the publisher, so it should be getting sorted out soon.

Edit: Actually, it seems like an error with the way they announced it. The $11.99 price won't show up until you download the demo, though you don't need to actually download it first. The same is the case with Renegade Ops, so you can do the same thing if you want that deal.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 08 December 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#3755 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

Almost tempted on Renegade Ops, but the CAG in me knows that I should wait. A 33% discount on a game that is also on Steam isn't enough. I will wait for 66% or more on Steam :lol:

If only that deal was good the whole month so I can be sure it wont be cheaper in the Steam sale.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3756 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Almost tempted on Renegade Ops, but the CAG in me knows that I should wait. A 33% discount on a game that is also on Steam isn't enough. I will wait for 66% or more on Steam :lol:

If only that deal was good the whole month so I can be sure it wont be cheaper in the Steam sale.

40% discount if you have PS+, but your point is still valid. I'm not a PC gamer, so this deal is still tempting me.

#3757 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:58 AM

So I'm looking at the Hyperdimension Neptunia DLC and it doesn't really look like there is anything critical in there. I see the 5pb events for $2.99, Red Events for $2.99, level cap raisers for $0.49 each, and battle tickets to use certain characters in combat.

I'm assuming I can buy any of the level cap raisers and they will raise the cap that much and I don't need to buy them all (but I probably will anyway), or do they need to be purchased in order? I would imagine some people would like to just buy the +300 levels. Also what are the battle tickets for? Are those characters otherwise unplayable? Or are they unlocked in game? Perhaps only playable for a short period of time like Lynx in Chrono Cross (Sorry for the ancient reference. It was the first thing that came to mind)? Finally are the events just extra quests or meatier DLC worth the price?

I want to make sure I buy all the DLC that is good to have. Don't really care that much about stat boosters or clothing.

#3758 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

is blood rayne worth $12?

#3759 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

like Lynx in Chrono Cross

:applause: That is all.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($9)

#3760 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

yeah awesome reference. serge stabbed kid. it was horrible ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3761 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

So I'm looking at the Hyperdimension Neptunia DLC and it doesn't really look like there is anything critical in there. I see the 5pb events for $2.99, Red Events for $2.99, level cap raisers for $0.49 each, and battle tickets to use certain characters in combat.

I'm assuming I can buy any of the level cap raisers and they will raise the cap that much and I don't need to buy them all (but I probably will anyway), or do they need to be purchased in order? I would imagine some people would like to just buy the +300 levels. Also what are the battle tickets for? Are those characters otherwise unplayable? Or are they unlocked in game? Perhaps only playable for a short period of time like Lynx in Chrono Cross (Sorry for the ancient reference. It was the first thing that came to mind)? Finally are the events just extra quests or meatier DLC worth the price?

I want to make sure I buy all the DLC that is good to have. Don't really care that much about stat boosters or clothing.

Well, if you arent after asthetics, you'd only really need the Red and 5pb events (Since they include brand new characters to use in battles, plus extra story), and maybe one of the level boosters if your planning to go for all the quests (You DONT need, but it helps).

Personally, i got all of the costumes excluding the accessories, and all of the events and 1 of the level boosters. (Might get all of the accessories too)

As far as the level booster goes, it goes in order i think? So i think you have to buy them that way, i didnt try personally.

As as far as the Battle Tickets go, you get the 2 characters ingame, but you cant use them in battles without it. (So if you unlock them before you buy it, you can use them the moment you buy it)

Everything else is pretty much just for appearance, or if you want to be a cheater and blaze through the game (Namely the boosters and equips)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3762 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

Well, if you arent after asthetics, you'd only really need the Red and 5pb events (Since they include brand new characters to use in battles, plus extra story), and maybe one of the level boosters if your planning to go for all the quests (You DONT need, but it helps).

Personally, i got all of the costumes excluding the accessories, and all of the events and 1 of the level boosters. (Might get all of the accessories too)

As far as the level booster goes, it goes in order i think? So i think you have to buy them that way, i didnt try personally.

As as far as the Battle Tickets go, you get the 2 characters ingame, but you cant use them in battles without it. (So if you unlock them before you buy it, you can use them the moment you buy it)

Everything else is pretty much just for appearance, or if you want to be a cheater and blaze through the game (Namely the boosters and equips)

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pick up a bunch of stuff. Seems kinda crappy to have characters you can't use without paying for them but whatever, they aren't outrageously overpriced.

Thanks for the compliments for the reference everybody. I realized after the fact it might have even been considered a bit spoilerly since it happens a ways into the game, but if you haven't played it by now you probably aren't going to. I hadn't ment for it to be anything more than example of a character that you only get to use once.

#3763 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

you didn't spoil anything ;) oooh frozen flame

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3764 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

So same basic question as Chrono Gear, but for Trinity Universe. What exactly is all the DLC and what is worthwhile?

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#3765 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

is blood rayne worth $12?

the controls are pretty wonky, so i think it could go cheaper..

#3766 vherub

vherub

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

bloodrayne is fun, but it gets difficult at the end, nes-era difficult. Not unfair though, I found the controls fine.

#3767 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

bloodrayne is fun, but it gets difficult at the end, nes-era difficult. Not unfair though, I found the controls fine.

The old school NES difficulty is great. The trophies give you a good challenge. I also found the controls fine. I got this on the PS+ sale and still on chapter 9.

At least it's not as hard as Battletoads on NES! That was a fucking hard game.

#3768 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

People seem to be split about the controls... I hated them. Made it almost unplayable. But that's coming off of playing Castlevania for years. Maybe I've been conditioned against anything else.

I wouldn't spend more than $5 for BloodRayne personally.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN, League of Legends~~

1418-6694-9603 // Add me for PKMN fun! (PM me w/ you FC if you do add -.-)

#3769 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

People seem to be split about the controls... I hated them. Made it almost unplayable. But that's coming off of playing Castlevania for years. Maybe I've been conditioned against anything else.

I wouldn't spend more than $5 for BloodRayne personally.

I really disliked the controls in the demo as well. And if i'm not mistaken, you can't duck, which is awful.

#3770 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

the game is fun but I don't like the fact that you have to dash foward then back to make those long jumps. That part of the controls just doesn't work to me.

9917.png

#3771 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

I also hated the controls for BloodRayne. I like the graphics and atmosphere of the game, but cant get past the controls to enjoy it.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#3772 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

it's strange how bloodrayne was rated a 9 on ign but gets about a 6 everywhere else

#3773 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

it's strange how bloodrayne was rated a 9 on ign but gets about a 6 everywhere else

IIRC, Joystiq loved it as well. But ya, it's strange when games like this polarize reviewers. El Shaddai is another one with some extremely high scores and much lower scores.

#3774 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

not a lot on sale this week, hopefully around xmas there will be some good discounts

#3775 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

PS Store update is up. Holiday Collection Sale is as lame as I was expecting. Thankfully, I'll only be burning $3 on PSN this week.

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-217/

#3776 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

The new deals for this week (Full Update Here):

PS3
Assassins Creed 2 Bundle - $18.99 - Includes all DLC
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Bundle - $34.99 - Includes Da Vinci Disappearance
Back To The Future: The Game Bundle - $14.99
Beat Hazard Ultra - $7.99
Borderlands Full Bundle - $19.99 - Includes all DLC
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Bundle - $19.99 - Includes the Variety Map Pack
Homefront Bundle - $26.99 - Includes Express 870 Shotgun, The Rock Map Pack, and the Fire Sale Map Pack
Jurassic Park: The Game Bundle - $22.49
Polar Panic - $3.99
Split Second Bundle - $34.99 - Includes all DLC
Warhawk Bundle - $31.99 - Includes all three booster packs

Minis
Aquattack - $1.99
The Big Head Bundle - $2.49 - Includes Retro Cave Flyer, Doodle Pool, and Zombie Racers

PSP
Hannspree Ten Kate Honda SBK Superbike World Championship - $6.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ultimate Board Game Collection - $6.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Add-ons
Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Challengers Pack - $1.99
Super Street Fighter IV - Ultra Complete Alternate Costumes Pack - $4.99
Super Street Fighter IV - Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack - $4.99

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - 10 SSFIV 8-Bit Avatars - $2.99

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Assassins Creed 2 Bundle - $13.29
Assassins Creed Brotherhood Bundle - $24.49
Beat Hazard Ultra - $4.00
Borderlands Full Bundle - $14.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Bundle - $14.99
Homefront Bundle - $18.89
Red Faction Armageddon Bundle - $23.09
Split Second Bundle - $24.49
Warhawk Bundle - $22.39

Minis
Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road - $2.39
Psycho Soldier - $2.39

Add-ons
Marvel Pinball - Captain America - $1.50
Marvel Pinball - Fantastic Four - $1.50

Games
Marvel Pinball

Themes
Robots - Dynamic

#3777 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Anyone still play Homefront or MW?

#3778 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

Looks like I'll pick up the Street Fighter Costumes. Thanks for the list!

#3779 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

Arrggggh! No Marvel Pinball sale at all for regular PSN people.

#3780 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

No Sonic CD? What the hell <_<.

Worst update i have seen in ages. Only thing im buying is the SSF4 Ultra Costume pack
Posted ImagePosted Image