Photo
- - - - -

How Many CAGs Own Firearms/Guns?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you own Firearms/Guns

Do you own Firearms/Guns

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 ian1418

ian1418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

None. I personally feel people shouldn't have guns for anything other than to hunt i.e. only hunting rifles. The portion in the amendments was used back in the day so you could protect yourself from invaders and indians. Nowadays we dont have those problems.

Actually, if you read the Federalist Papers and other writings of the Framers of the Constitution, you would see that the Second Amendment was meant to give the people the ability to resist and overthrow a tyrannical government,much as they had just done in overthrowing the rule of the British.

#32 200STM

200STM

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

I always wanted to have my own handgun, I live in s.California so I don't know if it would be very difficult to own one here. I just would like a classic peacekeeper or something are saturday night specials illegal?

#33 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

Actually, if you read the Federalist Papers and other writings of the Framers of the Constitution, you would see that the Second Amendment was meant to give the people the ability to resist and overthrow a tyrannical government,much as they had just done in overthrowing the rule of the British.

Yep. But that's kind of moot today now that the governments have tanks, airplanes, missles, nukes etc. Made sense back when all anyone (including the military) had was rifles and cannons. Now that rationale is outdated since there's no way we want citizens armed with tanks, fighter jets, missiles etc. :D

Edited by dmaul1114, 25 February 2011 - 12:37 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#34 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

I always wanted to have my own handgun, I live in s.California so I don't know if it would be very difficult to own one here. I just would like a classic peacekeeper or something are saturday night specials illegal?

I live in California, it's not difficult to own a handgun at all. We're just restricted to certain firearms and political whims.

#35 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Remington 870 used for trap shooting and hunting.

Posted Image

and a Glock 19 handgun

When we finally open my Dad's gun safe at my sister's house I'll have more.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:16 AM

I have more guns than I need, but fewer guns than I want.

That said, thinking of doing an OLL build sometime in the near future.

Check out http://www.calguns.net/ (& the forums) for answers to any questions you have on gun laws in California.

It's been awhile since I have bought a handgun but basically;
Go to gunshop
Find gun
Fill out paperwork
Show valid ID (ex: Drivers License)
Show proof of residence (ex:Utility bill with name & current address)
Give thumbprint
Wait for background check
More paperwork
Pay for gun
Go home
Come back in 10- 24hour periods
Pick up gun

Forgot to mention, for handguns, you need to take a test to get a Handgun Saftey Certificate.
Pretty much a multiple choice quiz that shows you know the basics on Cali gun laws and safety.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/hscinfo.php

GL

zantar45.jpg

#37 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:42 AM

I don't have any firearms yet. But I did have to exchange something at Cabella's after work today and spent an hour or so in the hunting section. I'd really like a Desert Eagle (.50 AE), but will more than likely start out with a .22 and/or maybe even a .30-06 with a nice scope.

I have had a couple of retail/service jobs since school (finished just as the economy went to crap) with a bunch of debt that left me barely scraping by for a couple of years. But I sacrificed and got myself into a decent position financially. I just started a fairly decent job this week that will have me paying off the rest of my credit card debt and my car loan in just a couple of months. Then I'll have plenty of disposable income. First I'll be ditching the roommates and getting my own pad, but next will be getting some firearms, a gun safe and a dog. :)

#38 mormaddad

mormaddad

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

I have several guns but I don't really collect them as a hobby. I hunt and that is my hobby, not gun collecting. I also have some pistols for self-defense, again not a hobby.

#39 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

No guns atm, probably because my job involves messing with them so much that I'm pretty sick of them during my time off. That said, I'll build an AR-15 someday. It's not really suited to home defense but it's the weapon I'm most familiar with so I figure I can make it work.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#40 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

The pistolgrip I have is the blackhawk knoxx pistol grip stock. It absorbs recoil. It's actually a significant improvement over a normal stock. I can shoot high velocity slugs and 00 buck with virtually no impact on my shoulder.

O'rly. I'll have to look in to that. Anything tricky about the installation?

#41 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Given how extremely liberal this forum tends to be, I am REALLY surprised by this thread and the poll. Pleasantly surprised. :)

#42 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Yep. But that's kind of moot today now that the governments have tanks, airplanes, missles, nukes etc. Made sense back when all anyone (including the military) had was rifles and cannons. Now that rationale is outdated since there's no way we want citizens armed with tanks, fighter jets, missiles etc. :D

I see what you're saying, but we aren't doing so hot in our ground wars in the Middle East.

#43 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

I inherited a few guns but they are at my mother's house - I'm not sure if I need/want one. My dad hunted and had a couple rifles and a couple pistols for home protection. He sorta went crazy when he got sick (cancer) and I found him in his bedroom with a pistol saying he saw a giant rat (one of my chihuahuas!) Very scary taking a loaded gun away from someone who has gone crazy - even if it is your dad. (then he got paranoid of me and my mom and wife and locked himself in the bedroom and called 911 so we had cops storming our house shortly after) (I know, I know cool story bro - off the topic sorry)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

I inherited a few guns but they are at my mother's house - I'm not sure if I need/want one. My dad hunted and had a couple rifles and a couple pistols for home protection. He sorta went crazy when he got sick (cancer) and I found him in his bedroom with a pistol saying he saw a giant rat (one of my chihuahuas!) Very scary taking a loaded gun away from someone who has gone crazy - even if it is your dad. (then he got paranoid of me and my mom and wife and locked himself in the bedroom and called 911 so we had cops storming our house shortly after) (I know, I know cool story bro - off the topic sorry)

As you wish:
Spoiler

#45 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

O'rly. I'll have to look in to that. Anything tricky about the installation?

Nope, very easy to install, All tools included. Only thing you might need is a flathead screwdriver to replace the normal stock.

But I kid you not, it's a night and day difference. Sadly many skeet/trap ranges will not let you use the knoxx stock because they are very traditional and frown upon pistol grip stocks. As an alternative Mesa Tactical sells higher quality recoil absorption pistol grip stocks, but they cost a whole lot more
http://www.mesatacti...index.php?id=55

Really happy with one of my latest acquisitions, an XDm-9
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Was a bit difficult to get since it's not on the CA roster, but there is a single shot exemption method now and out of state vendors willing to mod it to fit the law for FFL transfer. You will have to block the mags though.

Can't wait for the KSG to come out

This thing is amazing and CA Legal (for now)
Now that I've accumulated enough firearms and bought a house, I think I'm going to invest in a nice safe
http://www.sturdysafe.com/

Given how extremely liberal this forum tends to be, I am REALLY surprised by this thread and the poll. Pleasantly surprised. :)

If anything, more Liberals should have guns to balance it out =p

Edited by Zoglog, 26 February 2011 - 02:44 AM.

#46 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

I'll post up a few I have.

Spoiler

That's a little less than half of what I own.

#47 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:09 AM

I've always had a big interest in World War II weapons and thankfully last year I got a once in a lifetime chance. I have an uncle out west that sold me a German Luger for a pretty good price. He also told me about how the person that gave it to him stole it from a German officer during the war. The Luger still shoots but I haven't shot it yet and I'm not sure if I ever would.

I have always wanted to get a bolt action WW2 rifle (would shoot). More specifically I've had my eye on a Kar 98. I live relatively close to a gun shop that has a pretty big selection of modern and older weapons. You can get some older bolt action rifles for only a few hundred bucks a piece.

I'd like to eventually have a collection of WW2 guns: Kar 98, Enfield, Mosin Nagant, Springfield, M1 Garand. :twoguns:
Posted Image

#48 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

I'll post up a few I have.

Spoiler

That's a little less than half of what I own.

Nice, I wouldn't mind a M1 Garand soon enough. Gotta get the safe first :)

#49 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:33 AM

Nice, I wouldn't mind a M1 Garand soon enough. Gotta get the safe first :)

Best $700 I've ever spent. Ammo can be a pain to come by though.

#50 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, so why even try right? Lets just lay down and give up. Give me liberty or give me death? PAH! Stupid founding fathers. What were they thinking?

"I'm not anti-gun! My family hunted! Now I'm going to say a bunch of anti-gun stuff, but remember, NOT anti-gun!"

#51 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

Best $700 I've ever spent. Ammo can be a pain to come by though.

Something tells me I'm going to try and get a russian capture Mauser before the M1, mainly because of that cost :)
I think i've steered more towards pistol shooting since indoor ranges are pretty close to where live, but to shoot rifles I need to travel pretty far inland. In fact I still haven't taken my AR-15 to an outdoor range yet.

#52 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

I actually sold my Russian capture recently. Cool rifle, I highly recommend one. I'll probably pick up another some day.

#53 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

I have a license to conceal and carry but never purchased anything. One day i guess i will...Honestly, i feel pretty safe where i am now. I lived in NYC most of my life and Charlotte is disney land compared to Brooklyn.
Posted Image

#54 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

I have a swiss k-31 bolt action, one of the newer hi-point 9mm carbines and a Marlin .22lr.

I spent less than 500 bucks for all three.

I have been meaning to get a pistol permit but its a long process in NY.

#55 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

I make Pew Pews with my compact .40, its just a Taurus PT140 tho
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#56 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

I've got quite a few firearms...though I'd rather not get into specifics. Suffice to say my father did special effects, pyrotechnics, firearms and props for film and TV for 40+ years. As someone else said, I have many guns but not enough.

As for the gun control argument, well that genie (the right for the populace to bear arms) was let out of the bottle 220 years ago here in the States and is one of our core and most critical rights. Here's a refresher.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#57 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

I have a swiss k-31 bolt action, one of the newer hi-point 9mm carbines and a Marlin .22lr.

I spent less than 500 bucks for all three.

I have been meaning to get a pistol permit but its a long process in NY.

Expensive too. It'll cost you more than your Hi-point to get one. Though, that may vary by county, I'm not sure.

#58 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

I make Pew Pews with my compact .40, its just a Taurus PT140 tho

PT111 MilPro here.
People give them shit, but mine has worked perfectly fine and it's a preowned.

Long story short, wanted an affordable handgun for range/paper, Bersa or Taurus- nothing fancy, no tack driver.
Explain this at first store, they carry Bersa but bad mouths it non stop, refuses to listen to me, pushes more expensive guns.
Leave and find PT111 at next shop, in and out, easy peasy.

Spoiler

zantar45.jpg

#59 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

http://cannonsuperst...spanosuiza.html

We can all chip in.

#60 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:22 AM

http://cannonsuperst...spanosuiza.html

We can all chip in.

In case anyone wondered how shooting a 20mm rnd is like

of course, why stop there, lets go 30mm ;)